Discussion Finals Series 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The other piece of the puzzle in all this Geelong silliness is that Geelong DOES have a majority dark guernsey this year, yet to be worn:

View attachment 747569View attachment 747570
In theory, against an all-white Collingwood, I don't think that would do its job as a clash quite as well as the opposite (all-black C'Wood vs all-white Geelong). There are still 5 white hoops on the front, whereas C'wood have just 3 white stripes on their black-base.

Slightly off topic, SA based posters will be interested to note that in the lead up to the SANFL GF, promo pictures of Port and Glenelg players in the local media feature Port in white shorts and Glenelg in black.

Is either team wearing a clash guernsey? Forgive my SANFL ignorance

Glenelg used to have one from memory, used to be the same as Richmonds preseason one with the logo on front.

Inverse Prison Bars do exist but Port currently have no clash jumper in the SANFL.

Reason why I made note of it is because by progressing straight through to the GF from the Semi Final (SANFL have a top 5), Port should be the nominated "home" team and Glenelg "away".

Port however have also deliberately worn white shorts vs Glenelg in the past as well from memory.

Slightly off topic, SA based posters will be interested to note that in the lead up to the SANFL GF, promo pictures of Port and Glenelg players in the local media feature Port in white shorts and Glenelg in black.
Contrast-wise it makes sense for Port to wear white shorts even though we have earned the right to wear black shorts. From many years of watching the 2 jumpers opposed regardless of shorts colour you get used to it and a clash doesn't really occur - there's enough difference between the jumpers on front & back. I'm happy with white shorts.
Glenelg used to have one from memory, used to be the same as Richmonds preseason one with the logo on front.
748618 748626

Last edited:
Probably no great surprise but a friend within the GWS Giants said that the Giants are wearing home guernsey and white shorts on Saturday.
As said many times here it really makes no sense to add white to a team that has (hardly) any white against a team that does.

I'm a Collingwood supporter but I agree with what a lot of you have written already -so frustrating is that our president feels there should be a 'gentleman's agreement' or 'common sense' when it comes to Geelong (us dark them light) but this logic doesn't apply to say this week against GWS or in Collingwood home games against Carlton where us in white shorts would create the contrast required with both clubs remaining in home guernseys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably no great surprise but a friend within the GWS Giants said that the Giants are wearing home guernsey and white shorts on Saturday.
As said many times here it really makes no sense to add white to a team that has (hardly) any white against a team that does.

I'm a Collingwood supporter but I agree with what a lot of you have written already -so frustrating is that our president feels there should be a 'gentleman's agreement' or 'common sense' when it comes to Geelong (us dark them light) but this logic doesn't apply to say this week against GWS or in Collingwood home games against Carlton where us in white shorts would create the contrast required with both clubs remaining in home guernseys.

I’m sure Ed will say something about white shorts again this week if it occurs

Gws already have white with the "G" though. If anything they should just go full white given they're the away team, with Collingwood in full black. I mean they won't clash either way but I do think it would be cleaner.

Dare I say it... orange shorts? Heck, bring back Essendon and Richmond's red and yellow shorts, for the fun of it.
Orange shorts against Collingwood make sense but please, no red or yellow shorts for Essendon and Richmond unless they're wearing red and yellow jumpers.

Orange shorts against Collingwood make sense but please, no red or yellow shorts for Essendon and Richmond unless they're wearing red and yellow jumpers.
I think that's what he meant, as they uniforms for GWS, Richmond, Essendon in these cases just being full orange, yellow, red, respectively (just as if it were all white for Collingwood, for example).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back