Mega Thread Finals Ticketing Thread: Keep it here and please read the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Managed to get 2 tickets in N26, row F in the AFL reserve. All while teaching a year 11 methods class. Fairly happy with that

Ha ha. I'm lucky I have spares Monday morning... Reminds me though of trying to get Ashes tickets once. Had all of my students logged on in the computer room at once trying to get through. Worked a treat.

Bought 5 tickets Olympic stand level 4 Q section unfortunately,wanted to get Premium seats but all gone, i should have bought them in the morning ,next time.

But glad that i have 5 tickets to see the Mighty Hawks against Collingwood.....bring it on.

Will be parking at Southbank $8 then catch the Water Taxi up the Yarra ....the only way to go.
whats it cost for water taxi ??

Hawthorn Fans. If you buy a ticket for your family club member and they cant go, tough luck! Do not give it to a 'mate' who is a Collingwood or any other club supporter! We pay a premium to sit amongst our own members, if you want to sit with them, buy a General Admission ticket!! That way you have made a choice that is not forced on other members who did not get to make that choice!
100% agree some tool at the pre lim bought their pie mate and his carlton wife who wore the pie scarf and their kid 3 seats of course it was a HAWKS BAY and we had them next to us ! :mad:

Well 61,000 thousand tickets sold, plus MCC and other walkup I'm sure exists. add about 25,000 = 86,000, minus the no show's... = 78-79,000 strong crowd, plus purchases from now till the game (+10,000) = 88-89,000. Similar crowd to the Prelim, sounds about right.

Haha.

100% agree some tool at the pre lim bought their pie mate and his carlton wife who wore the pie scarf and their kid 3 seats of course it was a HAWKS BAY and we had them next to us ! :mad:

Yep, had a similar thing happen in our bay at the Prelim last year. It is so annoying. Come to think of it, I actually don't agree with the whole 'extra' tickets per member thing either. The thought of other members missing out because some want to bring all their non-membership bearing family along is ordinary. It's just getting too out of control.

Just to be the odd bear out, I love the extra ticket. I can't afford a membership for my bro, he doesn't go to many games, the crowds often throw him out, he can't resist a final. So I am rapt I get to take him along with me on my members ticket. :p

Just to be the odd bear out, I love the extra ticket. I can't afford a membership for my bro, he doesn't go to many games, the crowds often throw him out, he can't resist a final. So I am rapt I get to take him along with me on my members ticket. :p

I should clarify. Maybe there should be a restriction on 1 guest per member. ;)

Seriously though, I'd be majorly pi$$ed orrf if I missed out on tickets because they were allocated to guests. Seems a little far fetched to allow up to 4 per member, I think. Anyhoo, that's my 0.02.

I should clarify. Maybe there should be a restriction on 1 guest per member. ;)

Seriously though, I'd be majorly pi$$ed orrf if I missed out on tickets because they were allocated to guests. Seems a little far fetched to allow up to 4 per member, I think. Anyhoo, that's my 0.02.

I didn't think you could get four.
I thought I had read it was only one, but now I can't find it.

Yep, had a similar thing happen in our bay at the Prelim last year. It is so annoying. Come to think of it, I actually don't agree with the whole 'extra' tickets per member thing either. The thought of other members missing out because some want to bring all their non-membership bearing family along is ordinary. It's just getting too out of control.

Yep, had that at the 2007 Semi Final vs North, sat in front of a North Melbourne supporter who came with his family of Hawks supporters. He drove the guy next to me (who I didnt know) nuts, so he turned around and asked what was he doing there, and his family said, "He's a Hawthorn Member, we bought his ticket with a membership'. Yeah right. I have no doubt they bought the ticket with a Hawthorn membership, but it certainly wasnt his membership.

Anyway, the guy next to me ended up getting drunk and nearly got into a fist fight with the idiot who was stirring the whole area. I dont condone if it ended up in violence, (buut god it would've made my night feel better), but the idiots that brought him along created that situation and sat idly by as he mouthed off to other hawk fans.

It's just god damn inconsiderate of other fans and usually will create a situation that can be avoided. I know that if I went up to an MCG staff member, and told them of the situation, I bet they wouldnt go and ask to see the ticket, the membership, and ID from the person sitting there to match the membership. I dont blame them for that, to be frank, will be 90,000 plus on Friday, so frankly they have other issues, and all that person would have to say is they didnt bring their ID. It's not like they're doing anything majorly illiegal or anything.

As I said, just damn inconsiderate. I'm sitting in Bay N55 on Level 2. If you bring a twit Collingwood or Geelong supporter to there, then I'm gonna be p****d.

Do you mean in the Club Members area? How do you get a ticket without a Membership barcode? Do you mean you have a spare membership?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi,

I have 2 adult and 1 child tickets for the MCC area, they are general admission, so best in best dressed.

They cost $76 for the adult and $22 for the child.

Happy to take $150 for all three, if anyone is interested.

I can email the tickets to you electronically as well, just print and go.

Thanks
Jenni

For any final outside of the GF if you really want a ticket bad enough, you'll get one. The sooking about "non-Hawthorn" supporters sitting in Hawthorn bays is ridiculous. One of the great things about AFL is the lack of segregation between supporters. I have experienced as many Hawthorn supporters as opposition who have behaved badly at games and I wished weren't sitting near me. The colours they wear have no bearing on their behaviour.

I am a Hawthorn Kennedy Club member, but also have a reserved seat Richmond membership as my partner is a tig (i know, it was almost a deal breaker ;)). On that terrible day earlier this year where they beat us I sat in the middle of the tigs members area in my Hawthorn gear (getting increasingly frustrated while sitting in the rain watching an absolute disgrace) She also has a Kennedy club membership, and if we make the GF she'll be attending, because she has committed to the hawks for 5 years now and paid up.

Never (except 2008 GF) have I had any problems getting a finals ticket. 4 days after the 2008 GF I rectified any problem with me ever getting a GF ticket again.

For any final outside of the GF if you really want a ticket bad enough, you'll get one. The sooking about "non-Hawthorn" supporters sitting in Hawthorn bays is ridiculous. One of the great things about AFL is the lack of segregation between supporters. I have experienced as many Hawthorn supporters as opposition who have behaved badly at games and I wished weren't sitting near me. The colours they wear have no bearing on their behaviour.

Thier colour have no bearing on behaviours, but it is becoming increasingly common to have opposition supporters hide behind the law as they look for a reaction from the supporters around them

How I miss the days of belting a scummy supporter

I am a Hawthorn Kennedy Club member, but also have a reserved seat Richmond membership as my partner is a tig (i know, it was almost a deal breaker ;)). On that terrible day earlier this year where they beat us I sat in the middle of the tigs members area in my Hawthorn gear (getting increasingly frustrated while sitting in the rain watching an absolute disgrace) She also has a Kennedy club membership, and if we make the GF she'll be attending, because she has committed to the hawks for 5 years now and paid up.

Never (except 2008 GF) have I had any problems getting a finals ticket. 4 days after the 2008 GF I rectified any problem with me ever getting a GF ticket again.
At least she's paid for her membership, I ws more refering to people who buy a ticket using a membership for someone who was never going to attend and give the ticket to a non member who barracks for the oppostion and that's exactly what I typed if you read my posts carefully.

Having said that, it's not about sooking. I pay for the privilidge of not sitting among non Hawthorn members. Just like I pay for a car because I dont want to use public transport.

People who disregard that members have paid for that priviedge, whatever reason they chose, are self centred, because they can sit with non Hawthorn members, it's called 'General Admission'

Now before you think I'm starting to flame a war here, as I said, I'm referring to a case different to your scenario. If you guys are happy to pay full memberships to the other clubs, fine, more money going back into those clubs. I'd hope that people in those situations at least respect the fact they are in the oppostion members area and act accordingly when playing aginst that team, (in this case not an issue as the Tigers did, what they always do, promise much and finish in the same mediocre position :p)

Muff73, you pay for a seat, nothing more. If you're lucky enough to be around your own kind, that's great. Every week in N7 there are supporters from other clubs, and not once have I found it an issue. There has been more inappropriate behaviour from the Hawthorn supporters around. That said, I've seen even worse in the Richmond members. Saying they can goto General Admission, where, up the back of the top level? Why should a prime seat go unused if the person who has purchased the seat is happy to let somebody else use it?
I'll give you right of reply, but we should probably finish this up, fairly off topic.

I didn't think you could get four.
I thought I had read it was only one, but now I can't find it.
I think AFL members can get 4 but us club members it is either 1 extra or 2 not sure??
it was good that you could get your bro in :) [hawk??] i don't think i have problem with say a hawk member with a family member it is when no hawk member is with that group sort of thing that i find wrong for me anyway , if a opposition supporter family member just hope they don't cause grief

Muff73, you pay for a seat, nothing more. If you're lucky enough to be around your own kind, that's great. Every week in N7 there are supporters from other clubs, and not once have I found it an issue. There has been more inappropriate behaviour from the Hawthorn supporters around. That said, I've seen even worse in the Richmond members. Saying they can goto General Admission, where, up the back of the top level? Why should a prime seat go unused if the person who has purchased the seat is happy to let somebody else use it?
I'll give you right of reply, but we should probably finish this up, fairly off topic.
in finals is different to home and away have had the odd opposition in the members area i am in but they are usually pretty well behaved , pies games when i have sat in amongst them and hawks can be a mixed lot most experiences i have had were not the best the rare occasion they have been ok,
so in finals against pies rather be amongst hawks , i know what you are talking about in regards to hawks behaving badly and yes we do have bad ones too sadly but not as many i have found as some of the other clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back