Mega Thread Finals Ticketing Thread: Keep it here and please read the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Stumbled on this...

https://twitter.com/AFL

Currently Hawthorn members outselling Collingwood Army by 20% for #AFLHawksPies. Tickets still available at http://afl.to/OVtPKo #AFLFinals

Taking into account the hordes of Collingwood AFL members, the split will probably be close to 50/50 tomorrow night...should be a ripping atmosphere

Doesn't surprise me - every pie supporter I know is not looking forward to tomorrow night.

People really don't understand the notion of 'anything can happen in finals'.

Hey i've got some spare tickets for Geelong vs Fremantle saturday night.
they are located in section N55, Row C.

Bought them through memberships now have upgraded to corporate seats so no longer need them.

Willing to sell them at market price, there are 4 tickets available at $85 each.

PM me if interested
ah no thanks i don't support those two teams sorry

Hello

Long time reader, occasional poster.

I was wondering if anyone could answer the question of how many tickets Hawthorn FC is allocated for the grand final and also how many gold members and silver members the club has. I'm trying to work out my chances of getting a grand final ticket. Any ball park guesses of numbers would be appreciated.

I upgraded to a silver membership in 2009, after just scraping into the 2008 GF with standing room on my normal membership. I'm starting to wonder if this might not be enough, there are many more silver members now compared to 2009. Does the ballot computer algorithm factor in a member's number of years with the club? or is it purely random.

If it is purely random, how does that reward loyal members who stay committed year after year, as opposed to members who upgrade at the last minute when hawthorn is having a good year?

Thanks in advance

hey all i have 4 tickets available on level 4 .. second row (b).. my mate purchased some without me knowing, so i no longer need these.. i have them for sale on ebay.. but would much rather a hawk supporter get on the end of them.. i paid $61 each for them.. but im happy to take $50 for each.. or $150 for the lot.. thanks p.m me if interested.

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could answer the question of how many tickets Hawthorn FC is allocated for the grand final and also how many gold members and silver members the club has. I'm trying to work out my chances of getting a grand final ticket. Any ball park guesses of numbers would be appreciated.

I upgraded to a silver membership in 2009, after just scraping into the 2008 GF with standing room on my normal membership. I'm starting to wonder if this might not be enough, there are many more silver members now compared to 2009. Does the ballot computer algorithm factor in a member's number of years with the club? or is it purely random.

If it is purely random, how does that reward loyal members who stay committed year after year, as opposed to members who upgrade at the last minute when hawthorn is having a good year?

Thanks in advance

The only reward for loyalty is having the highest membership possible. I know Kennedy club was upto having a waiting list and I assume Gold would be the same. It would be a risky move to give it up for a year as who knows when you'd get it back, this is the only way loyalty really comes into it. I upgraded to Kennedy 4 days after the 2008 GF. Technically renewal hadn't started, but they took my form anyway. Honestly, if you're a Silver member you have a chance of a ticket, but not a great chance. If you're priority 3 pretty much no chance.

Muff73, you pay for a seat, nothing more. If you're lucky enough to be around your own kind, that's great. Every week in N7 there are supporters from other clubs, and not once have I found it an issue. There has been more inappropriate behaviour from the Hawthorn supporters around. That said, I've seen even worse in the Richmond members. Saying they can goto General Admission, where, up the back of the top level? Why should a prime seat go unused if the person who has purchased the seat is happy to let somebody else use it?
I'll give you right of reply, but we should probably finish this up, fairly off topic.
If I pay for a seat in General Admission, that's all I'm paying for. If I pay for a seat in a members area, then I expect to sit with members, big difference.

I but I agree, we're off topic, and living in a democracy, we're both entitled to our own opinions. I 100% disagree with your thoughts on this, (as you do with mine), but respect your right to have it.

Hello

Thanks in advance
It's a tough call, I get what you're saying about rewarding long term members, but then say each club gets 10,000 for the GF to give to members, if they gave them all to the longest serving members, people with 10 year membeships would almost certainly miss out. Would you not regard those people as long term members?

As I said, I get what you're saying, but no easy solution other than MCG holds 100,000, people, each club gets 50,000 tickets. I know that's never going to happen, (nor is a fair AFL fixture), and I get stuff like MCC members, AFL Members, Corporate boxes etc. Just saying that's the only perfect solution, but even then, if it was Hawks vs Magpies in the GF, both with 60K+ members, which 10K from each club miss out?

I'm getting a headache just thinking about it, what I do know, is that it will be a nice headache to have, as it will mean we're in the GF!!!! :D

From an interview with Dimetriou this morning:
  • AFL Member Guest passes - yes they allow up to 4 per membership, however it is capped to 1000 of the 25,000 available AFL Member tickets.
  • Right now (~9:50am on the morning of the match) there are still 6000 seats available, so if you haven't bought one yet then do it now and go to the match

Shitty weather today in Melbourne. MCG prediction is now 80,000, down from 85,000. I don't get why there are still tickets available for this game... Hawthorn and Collingwood is a blockbuster that should sell out no matter where the teams are on the ladder.

It's a tough call, I get what you're saying about rewarding long term members, but then say each club gets 10,000 for the GF to give to members, if they gave them all to the longest serving members, people with 10 year membeships would almost certainly miss out. Would you not regard those people as long term members?

As I said, I get what you're saying, but no easy solution other than MCG holds 100,000, people, each club gets 50,000 tickets. I know that's never going to happen, (nor is a fair AFL fixture), and I get stuff like MCC members, AFL Members, Corporate boxes etc. Just saying that's the only perfect solution, but even then, if it was Hawks vs Magpies in the GF, both with 60K+ members, which 10K from each club miss out?

I'm getting a headache just thinking about it, what I do know, is that it will be a nice headache to have, as it will mean we're in the GF!!!! :D

The public area holds 50,000 approx yet the club members didn't fill it, it's gone to the public and they haven't filled it either.

Less than 20,000 members of each club bought tickets in the public area to the Qualifying Final... and you think they need 50,000ea for the Grand Final?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shitty weather today in Melbourne. MCG prediction is now 80,000, down from 85,000. I don't get why there are still tickets available for this game... Hawthorn and Collingwood is a blockbuster that should sell out no matter where the teams are on the ladder.

I think the tickets are too expensive for level Q seating. $61 seems a fair bit for level Q.

The same seats cost $35 in the H&A season.

The public area holds 50,000 approx yet the club members didn't fill it, it's gone to the public and they haven't filled it either.

Less than 20,000 members of each club bought tickets in the public area to the Qualifying Final... and you think they need 50,000ea for the Grand Final?
Talking about the GF, not a qualifying final. Completely different scenarios. Read the post properly.

Talking about the GF, not a qualifying final. Completely different scenarios. Read the post properly.

Couldn't give a stuff mate about people that can't be bothered attending a Qualifying Final and think that by some divine right they should get to a Grand Final.

Yes 85,000 is a terrific crowd... but that was a full AFL members and pretty good MCC turnout.

Couldn't give a stuff mate about people that can't be bothered attending a Qualifying Final and think that by some divine right they should get to a Grand Final.

Yes 85,000 is a terrific crowd... but that was a full AFL members and pretty good MCC turnout.
I'm not sure what your point is? I'm talking about a GF, and I'm not saying people have a right to anything. I was replying to someone who was making a point that they think people with longer memberships deserve priority at GF's.

Maybe read the whole thread, where it started. It's a dead topic, move on.

GF' ticket question,is the concession price for student concession or is it a health care card / pensioner concession ?

Also as there are no children's priced tickets can an adult get in on a child's ticket ?

Guys, we have to register for a grand final chance this week on wednesday.

I am gold so priority 1 which is supposedly guaranteed a ticket.

However the small print in in the appropriate section says you have to indicate whather you request a seat or will accept standing room.

Indicated you waive your right to a guaranteed ticket if the ballot 'selects' you for a standing ticket.

I dont think thats right, any opinions ?

That's how I read it too. I think it was the same last year.

I think the system allocates seats from awesome down to crap, while registrations come from the ballot, P1 - P3. I would be peeved if I got allocated standing as priority 1. You would think that P1 members wouldn't get standing?

I'll just take the select everything option and hope for the best.

Guys, we have to register for a grand final chance this week on wednesday.

I am gold so priority 1 which is supposedly guaranteed a ticket.

However the small print in in the appropriate section says you have to indicate whather you request a seat or will accept standing room.

Indicated you waive your right to a guaranteed ticket if the ballot 'selects' you for a standing ticket.

I dont think thats right, any opinions ?

It guarantees you to a ticket, whether it be a seat or standing room.

If you get offered standing room, its up to you if you take it or not

That's how I read it too. I think it was the same last year.

I think the system allocates seats from awesome down to crap, while registrations come from the ballot, P1 - P3. I would be peeved if I got allocated standing as priority 1. You would think that P1 members wouldn't get standing?

I'll just take the select everything option and hope for the best.

They haven't worded it very well.
Seat allocation is totally random to those successful in the ballot. Doesn't matter when you register or what priority group you are in. First person to register in priority 1 could get the worst seat in the house. I remember the club confirming in prior years that the seats are all dished out first, and that priority 1 registrations will all be allocated seats. Only way priority 1 could miss out on a seat is if there are more priority 1 members registered in the ballot than there are seats. Pretty sure the club has kept priority 1 memberships to a limited number to avoid this problem. I assume they haven't changed this system for this year.

Just select everything anyway - it won't lessen your chances of a seat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back