Mega Thread Finals Ticketing Thread: Keep it here and please read the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Calm down guys - most general admin members I know got tickets in 08.

Yes but there's a lot more priority members since 2008...

Super stressed. Registered a couple of mates who are out of town today and couldn't get online.

Used the wrong credit card - limit not high enough if successful. Ok for the $4.50

Anyway rang ticketek. All sorted with new credit card as Priority 3 window was still open...

Need a few drinks now!

With the help of some excellent Hawks, got one priority 2 in ballot and three in priority 3.

If i get any tickets, hopefully 2...ill swap for 2 together if people want to stand/sit apart from their loved ones ;)

What year did the pre-preliminary final ballot system come into effect?

I don't recall doing it in 2008, but last year I handed over $9.00 for nothing.

not guaranteed according to the letter from Hawthorn. If you don't go in to accept any ticket you no longer had a guaranteed ticket
I see...

At the time of registration, Priority Group 1 members can elect
not to receive standing room ticket(s) however we strongly recommend all members select Option 1 – I will accept the best available ticket – including
standing room at the time of registration to retain guaranteed access to a Grand Final ticket.

Doesn't compute, however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure 2008 was the same, but 1 week later.fe

You are right, it was Sept 10th 2008.

Check out the prices back then compared to now...

Ballot $3 +50% to $4
Best seats $213 +83% to $390
Next best $185.50 +91% to $355

Restricted/Standing $142.50 +24% to $176.50

The only other thing that has increased that much is Andrew Demetriou's pay packet; 2004 - 2011 +221%

LOL I went for the long shot as well.
Would be interesting if I get a ticket, would have to do the full bolt from work to get there.
But I thought it was worth the shot.

I see...

At the time of registration, Priority Group 1 members can elect
not to receive standing room ticket(s) however we strongly recommend all members select Option 1 – I will accept the best available ticket – including
standing room at the time of registration to retain guaranteed access to a Grand Final ticket.

Doesn't compute, however.

Club has said that if every single P1 person registered then a few might end up with standing room. There is never a 100% take up so in reality every P1 will get a seat, they just say to select the standing room option to cover the extremely unlikely scenario.

I think cards normally get charged late on the Sunday arvo/evening post Prelim weekend.
They also publish a list of successful/unsuccessful transaction numbers on the Ticketek website very late Sunday night or Monday morning.

If we win the prelim then check your credit card 'available balance' when you get home and then check on Sunday to see if it has reduced by the amount of a GF ticket. The full transaction for most people doesn't normally appear until the next business day, but the available balance is updated straight away.

They also publish a list of successful/unsuccessful transaction numbers on the Ticketek website very late Sunday night or Monday morning.

If we win the prelim then check your credit card 'available balance' when you get home and then check on Sunday to see if it has reduced by the amount of a GF ticket. The full transaction for most people doesn't normally appear until the next business day, but the available balance is updated straight away.

Crap. Does that mean I need to have $390 available on the Sunday if we win?
What happens if I don't? Do I lose my chance for a ticket?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back