Resource 2020 Finals Ticketing thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh, it's a qualifying final in a stadium with half the capacity that Geelong fans don't even have the luxury of making the trip over to attend.

The real stuff up from the AFL's perspective is not calling more tickets 'Cat 1' :p

Yep.

But if you are going to drip feed supply of tickets you also need to drip feed demand to match.

This why a preferential allocation system based on membership categories for both clubs, as was used by PAFC for AO home games this year.

I hear what you are saying but the biggest issue for me is the AFL allocation. They retain the same allocation rules as a normal season, and we are still way off a normal season environment.

Just happy I got seats and I am going. In this time that is a win in my book.

Yep.

But if you are going to drip feed supply of tickets you also need to drip feed demand to match.

This why a preferential allocation system based on membership categories for both clubs, as was used by PAFC for AO home games this year.

The whole organisation made no sense. Why would you give Vic-based Geelong members so many tickets when they can't get here? I get it has to be equitable all things being equal, but they're not in these unprecedented times.

yet i heard people were being offered Cat 1 primo tickets at 9:30
The whole system is a shambles

I think this happens every year with home finals.

No wonder they made such a song and dance about a few Port family members getting exemptions to travel to SA - misdirection for the real Adelaide old boy's club chicanery to come.

How can all cat 1 tickets be “unavailable” 4 minutes after the tickets go on sale?
None of the categories worked, you had to select best available. Unfortunately I wasted time working this out and ended up with s**t seats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting

My son can't attend so i just had a bit of a play around with his Bar Code

Firstly, it only recognises the age group for the Bar Code - so you wouldn't be able to use a Junior Bar Code to buy an Adult Ticket

Secondly, showing Cat 1 / 325 and Cat 2 / 534 as best available - good seats

How can all cat 1 tickets be “unavailable” 4 minutes after the tickets go on sale?

My guess is because the huge numbers of people logging on at 9am wanting to get category 1 tickets didn't align with the flow of category 1 tickets being allocated at that time by the Ticketek automated queuing system so they were marked as 'sold out/unavailable'.

The system assumes that each logon wants multiple tickets (beyond what their member allocation actually allows) and so holds those cat 1 tickets in reserve for that sale until it is finalised and they are then released back into the sale process, making them available for people logging on later in the session.

Either :

1. Ticketek needs to modify its generic ticket allocation priority system to better align with the the purchasing allocation restrictions on AFL ticket categories. (won't happen).

Or

2. The AFL needs to modify the number/flow of people able to log on to purchase tickets at any one time to better match the way the Ticketek system handles ticket purchasing. (should happen but probably won't).

Nah its typical Ticketek AFL finals fu** up.

In prime spots at AO they allocate 1 aisle Ports, 1 aisle Geelong, 1 aisle Ports, 1 aisle Geelong

When 11am comes, if Geelong haven't taken up their allocation then they open up to Port members.

At the MCG prime spots on one side are for MCG members and AFL members on other side of the ground. Port members allocated around near the goals.

The AFL just dont give a sh*t about reciprocal fairness at all grounds. Port members never got prime aisles allocated at the Gabba for finals, always the pockets.

It's our home game for **** sake !!!!!!

None of the categories worked, you had to select best available. Unfortunately I wasted time working this out and ended up with sh*t seats.
Logic says that if you select cat 1, highest priced, that you get the best available. I did and ended up with a decent seat, but it's bloody annoying to find out that I could have done better. Ah well, I guess we'll be prepared next time. Just grateful to be able to go.

The whole organisation made no sense. Why would you give Vic-based Geelong members so many tickets when they can't get here? I get it has to be equitable all things being equal, but they're not in these unprecedented times.

My guess is that there will be a lot of off system trades of tickets from Geelong members to SA over the coming days and possibly a large number of cat 1 tickets being re-released for sale closer to match day as tickets are returned by Geelong members.

Bay 339 for me and four family members. A bit further from centre wing than I'd choose in a perfect world, but very happy with the elevated view that you get from a bay in the 330s.

Was on Ticketek from 8.15 or so, timed out a bunch of times, and then got stuck on the waiting page from 8.55–9.03. Got through and selected Category 1, and here we are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back