Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I said in the other thread, wasting top 10 picks on defenders is dumb

McAsey had to be a forward to justify the pick we spent

Yeah. Its utterly stupid spending a top 10 pick on a key defender. You need them to be at a Rance/McGovern to be at the point for it to be justifiable, and you can't guarantee it this far out.

Whilst defence wins premierships, defense is primarily a structural task, not player quality..You need to be spending on mids and key forwards.

Yeah. Its utterly stupid spending a top 10 pick on a key defender. You need them to be at a Rance/McGovern to be at the point for it to be justifiable, and you can't guarantee it this far out.

Whilst defence wins premierships, defense is primarily a structural task, not player quality..You need to be spending on mids and key forwards.

At the time we drafted McAsey the quality of available mids of the type we needed was questionable, and really I had no issue spending pick 6 on a key position forward

But there's no guarantee McAsey will be better than Butts as a defender, who we used a rookie pick on.

I'd like him to stay but whether he stays or goes it's a big ask to get appropriate return on the investment

Our recruiting since 2016 has been an unmitigated disaster.

Any SA kids from that same draft who went to a Victorian club that we'd be keen to get home?

edit - Will Day, straight swap. We can get you home, Fish. To a Vic powerhouse.

Any SA kids from that same draft who went to a Victorian club that we'd be keen to get home?

Wasn't a good draft for SA kids.

Will Day is certainly 1 but we'd be no chance. Kozzy Pickett is another, has had his own family issues.

The only first round pick from SA without a contract is Dylan Stephens

Day and Pickett are both signed up until 2023

The only first round pick from SA without a contract is Dylan Stephens

Day and Pickett are both signed up until 2023
Went to Sydney though, and is actually Victorian.

Cam Taheny is likely to be delisted by Geelong, not sure we'd need a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be surprised if we get a second rounder for him.

Surely if he does go Ogilvey has to go too.

Wouldn't surprise me if McAsey ends up at the Hawks, given their dire KPD stocks.

Of course it will only be a future third rounder coming back our way.

Pick 6... This spud
Pick 8... Serong

Go Adelaide
well i suppose it could be looked at in its expanded form

Pick 4 - traded down to pick 6 and GWS 2020 1st
Pick 6 - McAsey
GWS 2021 1st - Luke Pedlar

If McAsey is out the door, it will depend what we can scrape back the other way. We just want to hope that he comes to terms with a Vic club that finishes above us to try and mitigate somewhat the PSD route he could use

Back