VFL Footscray vs Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin got them back into the game and rucked 4 quarters.

Wonder what excuse for picking him they will use now?

Crozier very good as well.

Why did he get dropped in the first place?

A game like this just confirms previous strong perceptions:-
We are losing games because noone seems to be taking responsibility for goal-kicking.
Rhylee West has been accused of being somewhat of a selfish player.
Schache shows no improvement on key weaknesses.
Crozier has lost the advantages that kept him in the seniors as a regular in seasons past.
On a high note, this could have been Buku's breakout game, surprisingly as a forward. We could use another strong-marking player to provide an option.

The vfl listed players are pretty average. We are in strife if we have to rely on COVID top ups.

I liked the look of Parker and Cleary. Let Buku back that performance up for another week and the vfl, if he performs again he should play afl.

It won’t be popular but I think McComb is next in line if a player doesn’t perform. He was good today and deserves a crack.

Otherwise Martin was good and crozier had plenty of it.

He's been ok. Just doesn't seem to be the same player he was a couple of seasons ago. Will remain depth for the rest of his contract if you want my opinion
I really hope you’re wrong. It’s not like he’s lost his physical ability. Hope he turns it around.

Edit- I forgot he was actually back in the team before his fainting incident.

The vfl listed players are pretty average. We are in strife if we have to rely on COVID top ups.

I liked the look of Parker and Cleary. Let Buku back that performance up for another week and the vfl, if he performs again he should play afl.

It won’t be popular but I think McComb is next in line if a player doesn’t perform. He was good today and deserves a crack.

Otherwise Martin was good and crozier had plenty of it.
Agree about McComb - looks like a really neat user which surprised me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Khamis took 10 marks today, probably at least 8 of which, were in the forward line. Players who can take overhead marks in our forward line are like gold. Not assuming he can do the same at AFL level but even half that many would be a welcome addition.

He's drunk his own bathwater, the big criticism is that he's a selfish footballer and that hasn't changed.
Had a few shots at goal, some from a fair distance. Each time he turned his back on the play and walked back like he was Josh Kennedy or Buddy Franklin. Someone like him should be looking to give it off.

West is good, could offer no real less than Dunks in my opinion - can’t play em both though. Honestly he’s probably more ferocious, way quicker first few steps, better disposal by foot (but still poor), similar vision/disposal by hand, and probably just as strong in the air even though he’s a lot smaller. Dunks has him covered as a big body. It’d make sense to offload dunks with value and play West in his role in my opinion.

He’s a little bit hot headed, can definitely try to do too much and lacks composure but that’s nothing that can’t be fixed - it’s a bit of a problem that he doesn’t seem to be improving from where he started but I still think with decent AFL time whether that’s with us or probably someone else, he makes the grade.

Honestly giving Khamis a run as a forward isn't a bad idea. Cleary & Raak as medium interceptors makes his spot on the list shaky. He can take a grab and is fairly quick, if he can establish himself as a decoy forward that can tackle then that'd be good for him.

Honestly giving Khamis a run as a forward isn't a bad idea. Cleary & Raak as medium interceptors makes his spot on the list shaky. He can take a grab and is fairly quick, if he can establish himself as a decoy forward that can tackle then that'd be good for him.

Khamis is a favourite oh mine and has always had a massive upside. No way his spot on the list is shakey, the only intercept mark we have. Will be in the team soon and is just the player to improve our team. Arty as well

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Full stats breakdown...

Disposal Efficiency
FO: 69%
NM: 69%

Kicking Efficiency
FO: 63%
NM: 65%

Hitouts / To Advantage
15 / 4 - Martin
7 / 2 - Khamis

Hitouts To Advantage

FO: 6
NM: 8

First Possessions
FO: 40
NM: 39

Clearances / Centre Clearances

FO: 43 / 17
NM: 31 / 10

Contested Marks
FO: 9
NM: 10

Marks Inside 50
FO: 12
NM: 6

Defensive 50 Marks
NM: 29

Defensive 50 Intercept Marks

FO: 4
NM: 4

Spoils
FO: 30
NM: 18

Score Launches
7 - Martin
4 - Craig-Peters, Orgill
3 - Butler, Clearly
1 - Crozier, Hodge, Jones, Macpherson, Smith, Vanderhuevel, West

Inside 50 Efficiency
FO: 47%
NM: 44%

Shots At Goal
FO: 28 (36%)
NM: 20 (65%)

Scoring Profile (Footscray / North Melbourne)
Set Shot: 6.10 / 6.2
Snap: 2.2 / 4.1
On Run: 2.3 / 3.2
Mark Play On: 0.0 / 0.0
Ground Kick: 0.0 / 0.0

0M-15M: 2.0 / 5.0
15M-30M: 3.1 / 1.0
31M-40M: 4.3 / 2.3
41M-50M: 0.7 / 3.2
51M+: 1.4 / 2.0

Scores Directly From FK/50MP: 1.4 / 1.0
Scores In Time-On: 1.8 / 4.2

Smothers
NM: 6

Champion Data Ranking Points (Supercoach)
125 - McComb
122 - Martin
113 - Macpherson
112 - Crozier
110 - Khamis
95 - Clearly
94 - West
86 - Sullivan
78 - Butler
77 - Lewis
66 - Vanderhuevel
65 - Smith
65 - Schache
65 - Parker
58 - Craig-Peters
56 - Kellet
55 - Orgill
47 - Drummond
45 - Hodge
33 - Chatfield
23 - Jones
17 - Cormack
17 - Raak

Free Kick Summary
FK.png

Score Sources
SS.png

Player Stats Table
PS.png
kicks, kicking efficiency, handballs, disposals efficiency, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, marks, contested marks, intercept marks, tackles, pressure acts, spoils, frees for, frees against, hitouts, hitouts to advantage, clearances, centre clearances, inside 50s, rebound 50s, shots, goals/behinds, score assists, score involvements, metres gained, fantasy points, ranking points

Khamis is a favourite oh mine and has always had a massive upside. No way his spot on the list is shakey, the only intercept mark we have. Will be in the team soon and is just the player to improve our team. Arty as well

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I like him but at his tank needs to be at an afl level soon. We can’t just wait forever. Feels like he’s close.

Khamis took 10 marks today, probably at least 8 of which, were in the forward line. Players who can take overhead marks in our forward line are like gold. Not assuming he can do the same at AFL level but even half that many would be a welcome addition.
There's a tall forward in the Twos who can take more than 2 marks and kick multiple goals ? Can he lay a tackle ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back