Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
I've been seriously considering getting this, but I don't know anyone else who uses their 360 for Foxtel so I'm not sure of the quality etc.

Does anyone know much about it?

one word - don't

the fox sports channel is like a comglaboration of their 4 fox sports channels, and apparently a poor one at that

have a look at Whirlpool for more information, full of people that think it's shite

The quality is ordinary - I reckon there is some wort of 50Hz Vs 60Hz going on as the picture is not smooth.

This is best evidenced on the v8 Foxtel-XBOX360 channel where there 'ribbon' showing placings that scrolls along the bottom is not smooth but instead 'judders'.

Fast moving panning etc causes a similar effect with the cars.

Fast moving sport like AFL has it as well.

Note the whole picture does not stop-pause, it is not stuttering caused by download etc.

It isn't an issue for movies and the like as they don't have the same amount of continual fast moving action.

Hopefully Foxtel and Xbox sort it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so why the hell does it say in the guide that the games are on, yet all i am viewing is the 'there is no afl match on footy play at the moment' screen??!
this is a joke

Yeah that pissed me off. There is usually always something airing on the channel (replays or whatever) but when there is actually a game on they show that graphic :rolleyes:

I tried this for a few months last year and it was absolutely shocking. Occasionally I'd get 10 minutes of reasonable quality service but it'd inevitably fail and I'd go back to illegal streams. My internet connection wasn't the problem because streaming on my computer would work fine but even the low res setting on the xbox would buffer endlessly. Waste of time and money

FWIW, we are slowly being brought into line with Foxtel re: sports...

We're giving our Sports pack a revamp

You've told us you want more sports on Foxtel on Xbox 360 and we've listened, that's why we're revamping our Sports pack to bring you more of the sports you love. From 1 March the Sports pack will be bursting with new channels, including FOX SPORTS 1, 2 & 3, and SPEED, in addition to FOOTY PLAY, ESPN, Eurosport and FUEL TV, bringing you 9 premium sports channels with action from the NRL, AFL, Super Rugby and more.

Try it on us

We want you to experience the new look Sports pack, so you'll be able to tune in to all the sports channels throughout March for no more than you are currently paying. However, from 1 April the Sports pack will be charged at the new price of $30* per month, so you will notice an increase in your subscription price. We're confident you'll love it, but if for any reason you want to make changes to your service, simply log in to "My Account".

SPORTS PLAY will be removed from the Sports pack and the NRL BigPond channel is being removed from Get Started, but don't worry with the addition of FOX SPORTS 1, 2 & 3 we'll have your sports needs covered.

There's so much to look forward to:
  • 8 LIVE Games every full Round of the 2013 Toyota AFL Premiership Season
  • Every game of the 2013 NRL Telstra Premiership including 5 LIVE every full round
  • Every 2013 Super Rugby match LIVE and exclusive with no ad-breaks during play
It's a big year ahead with a ton of exciting stuff on the horizon, so stay tuned.

Regards

Your Foxtel on Xbox 360 Team

Works fine for me, obviously not high def but it gets me EPL overnight and AFL across the weekend which is all I really want...

Its simple and cheap and does the job. Good for sports viewer otherwise a waste of money. Sure the quality is passable but nothing more.

haha yeah i get this email 1 day after signing up for 'real' foxtel.
i'm fine with it though, i'd rather have quality signal than put up with xbox streaming any longer.
Yeah same had foxtel on the Xbox and it just pissed me off that even though my Internet was easily fast enough it would still not run smoothly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back