Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Switta is good but he's usually replaceable with guys like Crowden.
Switta is the best of out small forwards atm IMO. I'd agree we dont lose a too much replacing him with Schultz (less consistent, worse field kick) or Crowden (slower) but still think he's the best of them

I like it how they bring out the new guy when there is no bad news and roll out Bell when its some sh*t.
It's the equivalent of Dan Andrews' choice of attire for press conferences. North Face fleece = We're Covid free baby! Shirt and tie = the proverbial just hit the fan!

Lobb could go down again though, I'd bring him back thru Peel.
I’ve never understood that argument. Are you saying he won’t get injured if he plays for Peel? Because players get injured in the WAFL every week.
I mean I understand letting players come back through the WAFL to regain touch but the idea of protecting them against getting re-injured makes no sense at all.

I’ve never understood that argument. Are you saying he won’t get injured if he plays for Peel? Because players get injured in the WAFL every week.
I mean I understand letting players come back through the WAFL to regain touch but the idea of protecting them against getting re-injured makes no sense at all.
Assuming no one at Freo is caring if Peel win or lose you can play him there and restrict game time, or only play him forward. You can instruct him to avoid big contests. It’s much easier to protect and manage players.

Switta is the best of out small forwards atm IMO. I'd agree we dont lose a too much replacing him with Schultz (less consistent, worse field kick) or Crowden (slower) but still think he's the best of them

Mitchy is only marginally slower than Switta, a better tackler and a better kick.

I feel a lot more comfy when he's shooting on goal

Maybe because you are thinking in terms of the player's health. The actual priority is 4 points so the risk he goes down early means it will be a tougher AFL game to win. If he pulls up sore at Peel and only wants to play a quarter then it is only a wafl game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, it is not about them not getting re-injured, it is totally about whether they could play enough AFL minutes and handle the pressure to be a worthwhile selection. Running Lobb through the WAFL, as they say, is about building his minutes in a lesser match scenario with the idea on playing AFL the next week. It is not about not being injured.

I still have hopes that Pearce will come good in the end.

Look at Pat Cummins for inspiration, spent around 5(?) years out of international cricket due to injury but then his body hardened and he returned to become the best test bowler in the world.

Dear Freo Faithful,

I’m sorry. I took a risk and selected a young, up and coming star of our team in the buddy draft. I caused banfield to go from effective tagger to irrelevant HF. I caused Lobb’s hippity-hoppity kicking woes last year and now I’ve all but killed Young’s second season.

Mods, do your job and ban me from the buddy draft for at least a year. It’s common sense at this point. It’s clearly not just a coincidence and my bad American mojo is having severe consequences down under.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s the hope that kills you.

It’s actually the expectations that do. Adjust your expectation and you’ll find your perspective changes.

I agree that this injury run hurts but what benefit does it do you or the club to brood about it? Next man up.

It’s actually the expectations that do. Adjust your expectation and you’ll find your perspective changes.

I agree that this injury run hurts but what benefit does it do you or the club to brood about it? Next man up.

To be fair I have had over 25 years of “adjusting my expectations“. The good news is it hasn’t actually killed me.....yet.😜

Last edited:
Urgh. It's early and already the injury thread haunts us!! What weekly russian roulettes of rapacious torment will it deliver this week?!?! 😭😥

Remove this Banner Ad

Back