Opinion From Blues to tigers. GHF thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting presser from RTB. Speaking about Fyfe needing support he said something along the lines of
"After tagging Selwood, Crowley was black and blue so if players tag Fyfe they should be black and blue"

After which he summed it up pretty well really. Was a step fwd without being perfect. Realises next week is gonna be epic!

Last edited:
Dickhead teenager tonight wearing an Eagles' jumper at the footy jumper going for Carlton. Another tool around 50 with a Freo membership around his neck but wearing a Carlton jacket :rolleyes:

Don't mind the latter; hate the former.

Dickhead teenager tonight wearing an Eagles' jumper at the footy jumper going for Carlton. Another tool around 50 with a Freo membership around his neck but wearing a Carlton jacket :rolleyes:
I don't mind that. Much prefer going to football where there are opposition supporters, and in a predominantly 2 team town if someone like your 'friend ' wants to make an idiot of themselves then it just adds to thw theatre.

Pros
- much better output from Mayne
- almost kicking 100
- a step towards returning to form
- less reliance on Fyfe
- Griffendore
- Walters putting a few highlights together
Cons
- Our HB line is still off
- Our entries were pretty average
- No scoreboard impact by the youngens

While it wasn't a snap back to our best it was certainly a step forward. Hopefully it fills the boys with some confidence before the Tiges.

I'll keep it simple

Positive is GF is won this year in October and we will slowly build to get there. IMO we will finish top two now and Hawks will be second. I think us and Hawks are only two in it when the whips get cracking. We have had a fair bit bad luck at end of the last two seasons so the law of averages thinks this should change.:rolleyes:

Negative is we probably had the chance to run a few young players through to see if they could add anything. Probably to late now so if we get a late run of injuries like last season we could be in trouble.:(

Try not to report as its part n parcel and apparently it just makes more work for u. This thread is here to cut the hysterics. View points are fine however calls to sack the coach and shitting on our players grows tiresome hence the thread. We are discussing footy.,you're the only one in here that isn't . This isn't about you mate. Just please let us talk Freo in peace. Not everyone here wants to brawl.

I'm not sure there have been hysterics mate... I thoroughly enjoyed my back and forth with you a fortnight ago re: suban and not bringing in young guys being a missed opportunity.

This thread is nice I suppose. And I agree the sack Lyon stuff is rubbish. Although tbh I haven't seen much of it. As for wider view points... Perspective is an interesting thing isn't. And having a less optimistic view point on the team as it currently stands doesn't immediately make one negative. If anything I think it provides an opportunity for discussion and discovery of other perspectives. A complete history of the FFC perspective tells me we are in a very blessed or sweet spot in the clubs history. I enjoy our wins and love the team. I love that most weeks we come away with the points and I cheer for and emotional and financially support our team as do many others here. That same perspective (as seen in my top two finish awaits thread) informs me that we currently have our best opportunity to win a flag. Knowing that from an analytical point of view for me does a couple of things.

- causes me to look closely at anything that could be exploited by other teams.
- makes me more nervous during big games than ever before. But also enjoy them more.
- makes me look objectively at the best team and make as much as possible rational observations on their strengths and weaknesses next to ours.
- makes me realise we have perhaps the next 12-18 months to enjoy this period before slipping a little to rebuild. (This observation is predicated upon the realisation that we can't just plug and play via the free agency as some of our Victorian competitors can).
This last realisation makes me want to get the most out of the next 18 months. For me that means winning a flag. Some strong but reasoned discussion in the meantime doesn't detract from that imo.

Now that's out of the way...

Great seeing mayne kick some. Seeing ballas injured was sad, and at the same time I've been waiting for another head injury or perhaps a shoulder issue for his approach to tacking. Perhaps the silver lining will be his changing technique in this area?

Hilly was dominant, creative, efficient and generally classy again.

Ibbo was great.

Mundy was very good.

And watching the young Pearce... Junior Pearce... The BIG PEARCING play... Man he can play. Thoroughly enjoyed watching him win contests he shouldn't. Start to build confidence in his run and receive from defence. He should be left in the team when Johnson comes back imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back