Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B Crouch if his body holds up would be amazing for us.

We could protect Cotch and get an extra year or 2 out of him playing HFF or wing.

Could also allow Dusty to play Fwd more.

He is the exact type of player we need.

It’s a nice sentiment but I don’t think the social media manager is sitting in on Match Committee.

FWIW I don’t think Aarts should be omitted, just saying puff pieces by a 20 year old website manager don’t guarantee selection.
okay, but they always seem to put out a puff piece to signal a player coming into the side, or extinguish some player criticism. I watched the game again and Aarts played extremely well, along with Graham and Ross. And very apparent that some players came in to get real match practice (Caddy, Chol) knowing they'll be depth for the finals and come in later if needed. Definitely trying out Nank for duration of the game, probably with a view to have only one ruck. Interesting seeing Geelong being tested and having to pull out plan B to get over Sydney for same reason.

I'd argue Matt is better and with Brad missing heaps of games every year I'm not sure how that makes Brad better than Matt anyway ?

he doesn't miss as many as people make out.
2017 - 20/25
2018- out all year
2019- 22/22
2020- 11/17
In the early days he missed more. prestia missed a few the 2 years before we got him. Same with Lynch

he doesn't miss as many as people make out.
2017 - 20/25
2018- out all year
2019- 22/22
2020- 11/17
In the early days he missed more. prestia missed a few the 2 years before we got him. Same with Lynch
That's better than I thought.

What did he miss 2018 with?

This year he ****ed himself walking around the house didn't he?

That's better than I thought.

What did he miss 2018 with?

This year he f’ed himself walking around the house didn't he?

He missed 2018 with a broken heart, in fairness, the whole team has had the same injury eh eh eh

Bloke who said it has replied when i asked for sauce...

Said its come from someone within Geelong who has been told by Crouch's manager that its cats or tigers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said its come from someone within Geelong who has been told by Crouch's manager that its cats or tigers
I hope he chooses the Cats, he seems like a flog and I would rather give games to Ross and RCD. They are our future we need to start playing them.

I think it really depends on our development of Ross/RCD vs new player. We do need a big clearance winning mid that can allow dusty even more freedom and protect Cotch, although we do fine without one. But can one of those two step into the breach then we can spend money elsewhere.
I think with the time frame our money will be better spent on someone who is to replace Cotch straight away.That player has been mentioned on here and would be a hit straight away and thats Josh Dunkley.
I think we should just cool our jets and keep developing Ross & Dow etc.

Tend to agree, an elite winger would be great. Maybe Dow can be that guy? If RCD leaves I'd be happy to take a FA mid though.
Great reports about Ralphsmith as a winger.
Hoping Turner can kick on too.

Be a hard sell to any top mid to come to us just on the premises of gametime alone.
Seriously who would Crouch play ahead of?

I'd play him behind Graham and Ross, and I want space for RCD to play. And for certain he isn't ahead of Cotch, Meatball or Shai.

Hows Grigga finding Salty Scott?

Don't understand supporters that when a player reaches 30-32 that they need to instantly retire.

There have been plenty of players who have played good footy well into their 30's and I can't see why Houli won't be one of them
I just think that after three flags, Houli will have had enough and want to do other stuff...

I think with the time frame our money will be better spent on someone who is to replace Cotch straight away.That player has been mentioned on here and would be a hit straight away and thats Josh Dunkley.
I think we should just cool our jets and keep developing Ross & Dow etc.

Well yeah Dunkley would be amazing and you may as well hand us next years flag. But is he gettable? Dogs would be mad to give him up.

Don't understand supporters that when a player reaches 30-32 that they need to instantly retire.

There have been plenty of players who have played good footy well into their 30's and I can't see why Houli won't be one of them

Don't think anyone wants him to retire. Discussion has mainly been about the fact that he might.

I think he has another year in him, even if Short does more of the rebounding and he is rested at times.

Tend to agree, an elite winger would be great. Maybe Dow can be that guy? If RCD leaves I'd be happy to take a FA mid though.

I like Macca and Pickett on the wings, both hard nuts, run all day both ways, and don’t often let their opponent beat them. They can both have good days getting on the end of a few goals too.

Don’t think there are many elite wingers even in the game. Gaff, McCluggage and Sidebottom off the top of my head.

If we get him I'll be talking up our premiership chances and naming him in the centre in the best 22 2021 thread though :drunk: :tearsofjoy:
So will everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back