Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:heavymultiply:.........................................
There’s little doubt we won’t go into 2021 with nank soldo chol and CCJ all on the books . I imagine CCJ will be most toey and will undoubtedly attract offers with rivals thinking they can shake loose cheap, lucky for us he’s contracted which should guarantee min r2 . Nank if he got a big offer may also be a worry . Yep cholly form gives us some assurance , pity we haven’t seen anything of Biggy but you’d reckon he’s 12-18m away at earliest seeing the time it’s taken cholly
CCJ for mine will be the trade bait

Elephant in the room time.
We all know the potential of CCJ.We have seen glimpses of it at vfl level.
However with the emergence of Chol.
Should we put CCJ on the table?
GWS apparently were keen last year so there is no doubt they'll be interested.
Would you consider a straight swap for Tom Green as acceptable?
They get what they want and we get what we want?
We have seen in the past with the likes of Vickery/McBean and Griffiths not quite making it.
Should we explore while there is a high interest on an untried kid and back ourselves in regards too Chol filling that spot that looked to be CCJ's at the start of the season?

If the deal is good enough.

He's possibly very good. But right now maybe we have enough ruck/forward talent that he's cream on top rather than the cake. All depends, if we could set up a situation so that we get Toby Greene. That'd = premierships I reckon.

There’s little doubt we won’t go into 2021 with nank soldo chol and CCJ all on the books . I imagine CCJ will be most toey and will undoubtedly attract offers with rivals thinking they can shake loose cheap, lucky for us he’s contracted which should guarantee min r2 . Nank if he got a big offer may also be a worry . Yep cholly form gives us some assurance , pity we haven’t seen anything of Biggy but you’d reckon he’s 12-18m away at earliest seeing the time it’s taken cholly
Corona has thrown a spanner in the works this year.Such uncertainty at many levels.For CCJ like i said it'll have to be something really good to satisfy us.Late 1st not going to do it.

He's possibly very good. But right now maybe we have enough ruck/forward talent that he's cream on top rather than the cake. All depends, if we could set up a situation so that we get Toby Greene. That'd = premierships I reckon.
Tom not Toby.

Tom not Toby.

I'm not taking about a straight swap. CCJ + other stuff for Toby.

Toby I rekcon is good enough to ste us up for another 5 years.

Won't happen. But if GWS is as strapped cap wise as they say, there's always the opportunity. So I'm just hoping.

Someone like Crouch has about 4-6 years left, barring injury. He should be cheap, for all the reasons people have given. T71's point about Adelaide wanting to fast track their rebuild also gives us space to do a magic trade like BF people often propose from trade a draft season. They win, we win. Because we look like having to cut players for next year we will have to cut AFL quality players. So if Adelaide got say, Graham and KMac and someone else, they'd get a huge bit of tiger DNA in in one hit + a major increase in game day capability + future to protect their kids and offer a great example. They give us a quality inside mid + $. They don't need $ because they don't have a list worth it. We fill that inside mid spot to allow Cotch to play longer, maybe Shedds as well. And we're left with the Rance $. Add to that we've supposedly built a small warchest in player payments we can seriously target a star, who is willing to come for unders but premiership success.

So a trade with Adelaide makes perfect sense in the larger picture. It gets us what we want, and allows us to move some guys to another AFL club who might just be cut (looking after our won, Richmond man style), and leaves open the opportunity to go for someone like Toby Greene (I'd be in heaven if that happened). We might end up with a good B+ 26 year old. But we got big Tom Lunch for unders this way. Every AFL player can see quite clearly that the Tigers aren't going away for quite a few years. So a genuine shot at the title with the largest supported team, and the best culture has to be worth a lot to the right person.
ok sounds good but who is tom lunch

Tom Lunch is a nick name for Tom Lynch on this board. It's a very poor joke, but hey I have a very poor sense of humour.

who said its a poor joke? lol

It originated from the Tom Lynch trade, when Collingwood fans kept telling us they were getting him. Our posters said if they are getting Tom Lynch then we must be getting Tim Lunch then.

Elephant in the room time.
We all know the potential of CCJ.We have seen glimpses of it at vfl level.
However with the emergence of Chol.
Should we put CCJ on the table?
GWS apparently were keen last year so there is no doubt they'll be interested.
Would you consider a straight swap for Tom Green as acceptable?
They get what they want and we get what we want?
We have seen in the past with the likes of Vickery/McBean and Griffiths not quite making it.
Should we explore while there is a high interest on an untried kid and back ourselves in regards too Chol filling that spot that looked to be CCJ's at the start of the season?

No we would get * all for him and a straight swap for Tom Green? We are dreaming.

look you would take that in a heartbeat wouldnt you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not taking about a straight swap. CCJ + other stuff for Toby.

Toby I rekcon is good enough to ste us up for another 5 years.

Won't happen. But if GWS is as strapped cap wise as they say, there's always the opportunity. So I'm just hoping.
No chance.
They'd rather give up Cameron than Greene

who said its a poor joke? lol

It originated from the Tom Lynch trade, when Collingwood fans kept telling us they were getting him. Our posters said if they are getting Tom Lynch then we must be getting Tim Lunch then.

All good. I like a good big Lunch. Was great in 2019. Very satisfying.

Toby green ? No chance they’d ever let him go from a long term contract ,,, he likes it up there too

Of course. I'm not the list manager. I'm a keyboard warrior with no real insight, but I'd love to get Toby Greene - probably more than any other player right now.

SO it'll probably happen :p

Would be a shame because he might end up being the best of our 3 ruckman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back