Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is human side to life and our club chose to value Josh's wellbeing in face of minimal interest. His emotional state could have affected team moral - who knows. Hope all goes well for him.

Has plenty off ability with the right head space but very very soft and doesn't bother with second efforts. Maybe he will improve in that area with the Dogs.
Some of our posters have said similar stuff about Tom Boyd and it could be all mental. From past experience that kind of stuff can affect one's enthusiasm for life. Do you know if he got on well with the coach(es) or leadership group?

Good for the dogs, very good as a lead up forward. Biggest hurdles are mental.
Hopefully at least one of him and Boyd can come good or we're stuffed :$

If you look at Schache for 15 & 52 is doesn't seem as bad, but there seemed to be a genuine feel from the club we would only be trading him for a pick inside the top 10. Will all depend on draft night, should all remember we picked up Berry last year for 16 so if we get another gem like that we will feel pretty good about this trade.

Some of our posters have said similar stuff about Tom Boyd and it could be all mental. From past experience that kind of stuff can affect one's enthusiasm for life. Do you know if he got on well with the coach(es) or leadership group?

Hopefully at least one of him and Boyd can come good or we're stuffed :$
Josh's first year he showed a lot more than Boyd and came to you guys a lot cheaper too. You guy's had a win for sure.

We got under's no doubt about it but I can live with it as we got pick 15 for it in a round about way.

Good luck to Josh at the Dogs, health and happiness are a lot more important than kicking a ball between a few sticks. I really hope you become the man you can be both on and off field.

I am so happy he didn't go to the Pies or the Tigers, most of their supporters would have been insufferable tools with their I told you so's.

Just when you thought the Lions could not screw up anymore, they come up with this beauty.
I just about fell off my chair when I heard that.

It’s not bad enough that we butchered the trade period, we go and top it off further with that shite.

I’m amazed that anyone can rate Noble after that debacle; he is honestly a deadset clown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got under's no doubt about it but I can live with it as we got pick 15 for it in a round about way.

Good luck to Josh at the Dogs, health and happiness are a lot more important than kicking a ball between a few sticks. I really hope you become the man you can be both on and off field.

I am so happy he didn't go to the Pies or the Tigers, most of their supporters would have been insufferable tools with their I told you so's.
Sorry I must be missing something. It says on afl.com that we got picks 25 and 40. Pick 15?

The whole thing's been a ******* fiasco tbh. You can rationalise it however you want, we've still drafted the kpf we wanted for years at 2 only to lose him for * all soon after. We've had some pretty bad losses on picks over the years, but this is just as disastrous as any of them. Accepting the inevitability of these outcomes is what's put us at the bottom of the ladder, and it's what will keep us here too.

Jason McCartney just said it all when he said that Josh is so wrapped to be coming to the Dogs. Noble and Fagan knew he was just about cooked at the Lions no matter what we did for him. Get him out get something back and move on without the weekly will he or won't he discussion.

He was out, nothing was left in Brisbane, all his belongings and couldn’t even watch his mates in a Grand Final he told the coaches and they new this, and we just spun it to get the best deal possible. We all like a fairytale but this wasn’t going to come true for us. No more talk about Josh onwards and upwards don’t look behind.
What I am pissed about is pick 12 for Cameron way overs yes he fits our needs but not at that price.
Look at what Essendon achieved against what we did, that pisses me off, and pick 1 I really am worried about this, Rayner obvious number 1 but fitness at AFL level will take 3 years to get a motor for midfield, he has everything else including excellent pedigree and will end up first class, I will still back us to take him No1 but a touch dubious

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

How can the club seriously expect to sell hope moving forward. 25 and 40 in a nothing draft for a Pick #2 two years ago. Good grief.

I get Schache was sunk costs - but he still needed a Top 20 pick. but I can't get excited at all about the #1 pick - what are the odds he walks after 2019 for Pick 20?

Now that I have settled down I can only imagine the clubs rational is:
- we won’t be playing Martin Hipwood, Walker and Schache in the same team. We’d be too too heavy.
- walker and Hipwood are in front of Schache
- Schache will therefore play the majority of the 2018 season in the NeAFL
- schaches value will drop as a result
- we’d get even less for him next year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Put it this way if Josh doesn't have a great year in 2018 I fear for him. He doesn't deal well with pressure. Hope it works out for him and he has a career but I think the Lions were well aware of the what issues lay ahead if he returned and so we move on.

Lets nail our first three picks in the draft and hopefully we get Ballenden after which makes for an excellent 2017 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back