Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have went after last season’s deplorable performance at the end. Because he gave us such a high 8 years ago we thought we could give him one more opportunity. I’ve seen nothing this year, even those two wins against nobodies, that has really changed. Bizarre selection for 7 years now and this year as bad as ever if not worse.

We have lacked integrity as a football side for a very long time

The lack on integrity stems from the board, football department and coaches

The longer things stay the same the longer it takes for that integrity to comeback and the more damage is done.

Change is needed ASAP but I fear no one at the club has the ability to do it especially at board level

Who will stand up to challenge and change

And It's been a while
Since we could hold our heads up high
And it's been a while
Since Bevo first walked in
And it's been a while
Since we could sing our song with gusto
And it's been a while
Since we weren't boring

And all those wins we can't remember
As ****ed up as our gamestyle seems
The consequences of our missed shots
Bev's stretched himself beyond his means

And it's been a while
Since I could say that I wasn't disappointed
And it's been a while
Since I could say I loved this team as well and
And it's been a while
Since we've gone and s**t the bed just like we always do
And it's been a while
But all that s**t wasn't fixed by an offseason review

And it's been awhile
Since our forwards could kick straight
And it's been awhile
Since I wasn't worried
And it's been awhile
Since I've seen a smile creep over Bonti's face
And it's been awhile
But I can still remember how real victories taste

And It's been a while
Since we could hold our heads up high
And it's been a while
Since Bevo first walked in

My phone is red hot but I'm not willing to post anything just yet.

I did see a certain board member after the game heading down to the rooms. To say that he looked unhappy would be a gigantic understatement.

thanks for your posts and your information you provide I appreciate them always especially the inside information you get.

All Dogs supporters leaving Marvel last night did not look unhappy they were unhappy in fact they were livid and confused so the board member is not alone.

The board is spineless, inept, lacks integrity and are a bunch of imposters for board members I would take a flame to that board room would get rid of them all scorched earth policy start again.

The board tight now are as useful as **** on a bull

The fade out of some of our key players last night against that Drabble was so disheartening. Players i would back weekly for 3 votes just didn’t bring it for 4 quarters. So if the unlikely does happen (which I highly doubt as I have waited with bated breath for the last few years) who is there to come in realistically. Lade could take over interim I suppose….but one shining light I think Clarkson realises he is in a sinking ship….maybe ??

Can anyone remind me of that debacle again? Think I deliberately erased it from the memory.

One of the rare times Gold Coast took advantage with a backbone - knew we needed Croft.

Attachments

• IMG_8431.jpeg
    IMG_8431.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 86

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are the next ones in line?
Port will get Carr.
Gia?
The Eagles will eventually get Cox.
Caracella?
Mcqualter?
Graham?

King would have to be a chance for me, but just a starting point.

Funny how things have turned to s*** since he left.

But, we should cast the net wide.

ive never been so angry and frustrated, its juts so incredibly obvious that Bevo's cooked, been that way for two years.

when he sooked last year after Bubba, and dragged the players down with him and virtually threw the eagles game, and a finals birth, that would be the end of a coach in any professional league in the world...but not us

Bevo's last 8 games, 3 and 5 with an incredibly easy draw, this is clearly a bottom 4 team

lost to Hawks
lost to West Coast
beat Geelong (tanking with half a side in)
lost to Melbourne (belted)
beat Gold Coast
beat West Coast
lost to Geelong
lost to Bombers (injury hit)

This current situation is bad as it has impacted our past, present and future.

No doubt now that we have underachieved since 2016 under Bevo. Yes, one more Grand Final appearance since. It’s worth noting that we conceded the biggest 2nd half deficit in Grand Final history, so not exactly something to be proud of. We have also lost 3 elimination finals, two of which we went in as favourites and one where we lost after being 42 points up - the biggest comeback in finals history. With 3 other seasons missing finals and likely another this year - there can be no doubt now that we have under achieved.

The present - this team plays with little intensity and to be honest is very hard to watch at times. Out forward line remains a mess and has been for some time.

The future is the most concerning. We have some great pieces, but also many holes. Our midfield needs to be rebuilt, and the only piece we have is Sanders. I know people hate on Dunkley here, but people need to ask themselves why he was unhappy, and why the exact same thing is happening with Baz. Those are the two who were going to bridge our midfield, Dunkley gone and Baz likely gone. Dunkley we got unders in the trade and the same likely to happen with Baz.
We after offering English a million a year and he can’t ruck.
We have no 1st rounder of our own this year.
We still rely heavily on Jones at full back and don’t have an immediate replacement.
Our best young forward in Jamarra only wants to sign for 2 years when we have a long term deal on the table. This is extremely concerning.

We can’t do anything about the past, but we had a chance to impact the present and future if we moved on Bevo last year, and didn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back