Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

For what it’s worth I think there will be a few clubs looking for a new coach next year. Potentially any of Port, Melbourne, Adelaide, Freo, St Kilda, Richmond, Hawthorn, West Coast and a few others could be looking depending on how the next 12 months go for them.

You've mentioned PA first here.

If you think we're pretty vocal about wanting Bevo gone, you should venture across to the PA board. Even though they won yesterday, their thoughts are extremely strong that he should **** off.

Kane Cornes seems pretty vocal in his commentary about Bevo. Does he ever visit the Hinkley convo? Serious question, he may. I just haven't heard him mention anything about PA's coaching future.

If you think we're pretty vocal about wanting Bevo gone, you should venture across to the PA board. Even though they won yesterday, their thoughts are extremely strong that he should heck off.

Kane Cornes seems pretty vocal in his commentary about Bevo. Does he ever visit the Hinkley convo? Serious question, he may. I just haven't heard him mention anything about PA's coaching future.
Doesn't really matter though. Where the AFL media is a live ladder, he's North Melbourne.

If you think we're pretty vocal about wanting Bevo gone, you should venture across to the PA board. Even though they won yesterday, their thoughts are extremely strong that he should heck off.

I’ve raised Cornes’ blind spot with Hinkley a few times here - Primus has Cornes marked for delisting and Hinkley resurrected his career. He will never have a go at him.

PA and Melbourne’s BF boards are equally scathing in their assessments of their coaches. If neither makes a dent in finals this year I think both will come under heavy scrutiny next year.

In my mind, a few of Hinkley, Simpson, Goodwin and a few other well credentialed coaches will probably be available to us by late next year if things do not work out with Bevo.

Watch this video. It's a long one.

Did you watch this?

I’ve raised Cornes’ blind spot with Hinkley a few times here - Primus has Cornes marked for delisting and Hinkley resurrected his career. He will never have a go at him.

PA and Melbourne’s BF boards are equally scathing in their assessments of their coaches. If neither makes a dent in finals this year I think both will come under heavy scrutiny next year.

In my mind, a few of Hinkley, Simpson, Goodwin and a few other well credentialed coaches will probably be available to us by late next year if things do not work out with Bevo.

All of them would be amazing coaches but their time at their current roles may have expired.

Bevo would also be a great fit for another club and opposition teams would be crazy not to seriously consider him if he was available at season's end.

All of them would be amazing coaches but their time at their current roles may have expired.

Bevo would also be a great fit for another club and opposition teams would be crazy not to seriously consider him if he was available at season's end.
I believe Bevo should move on if we don't make the finals this year.
He will no doubt get another senior coaching gig if he puts his hand up, and he may well be successful.

I believe Bevo should move on if we don't make the finals this year.
He will no doubt get another senior coaching gig if he puts his hand up, and he may well be successful.
Bevo has said before that he doesn't want to coach anyone else.

He may not have the need/want to take on another side.

On the other hand, it may depend on how he leaves the Dogs, I spose.

Hinkley is coach for life at Alberton... or at least while Kochy is alive and/or the human race avoids self-destruction.

I suspect there's some Dorian Gray-like stuff happening behind the scenes too...

Happy Tom Cruise GIF

That’s awesome.

Long live Libba!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Douggie led me down the garden path! Apologies Doggies fans if my comment caused any distress on Saturday - but fantastic news!

I was resigning myself to never seeing Libba in the RWB again. Every game from here on in is precious.

Damn when he runs out again, it'll be an event. Reckon his teammates will be so pumped.

We run one of the smaller CBA groups in the AFL, could easily expand it a bit more to fit a good chunk in for Richards also.
As long as Richards is at half back when he isnt in the centre. Don't want to see him standing around in the forward line waiting for his 4 CBAs, if that were the plan I'd rather him return to the backline full time.

As long as Richards is at half back when he isnt in the centre. Don't want to see him standing around in the forward line waiting for his 4 CBAs, if that were the plan I'd rather him return to the backline full time.
Richards goes to half back when not in the middle, Bont to half fwd, Treloar has a spurt on the wing. I think it could work...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back