Roast "GAMDEDAY!" MFC Media Dept: a beacon of literacy and engaging content

Remove this Banner Ad

This is some Zoomer demographic posting at times
It seems to be heading that way across the board. Churn out content, jump on trends to get likes/reactions/exposure and feed the social media machine. The media team is there to promote the club and (rightly or wrongly) those sm metrics are important to many businesses these days.

Most of the interviews/'footy content' we get at this time of year are just cliches about new players being great, training the house down, boys are really friendly etc. More behind the scenes stuff would be interesting, especially the draft night clips, but if they're short on staff and haven't already been working on it it'd be hard to pull together now.

The new media nerd (started in the last week or two) can't spell Brodie Grundy's name or the words 'versatile' and 'gruelling', doesn't know how to use apostrophes (i.e. 'Melbournes'), or whether you should use 'whose' or 'who's', so we're off to a good start.

Last edited:

The new media nerd (started in the last week or two) can't spell Brodie Grundy's name or the words 'versatile' and 'gruelling', doesn't know how to use apostrophes (i.e. 'Melbournes'), or whether you should use 'whose' or 'who's', so we're off to a good start.

Qualifications for the job were: did you pass primary school & can you spell your own name. Other strengths we are looking for: do you enjoy making corny vids about any sport other than football?

* that is grim.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wouldn’t be shocked if the person writing that is a fanboy doing it for free as a trial to see if he gets a paid gig.

For all the money floating around for the players, there is very little for the administration staff.

There’s also plenty of supporters willing to volunteer to try and get a foot in to a “dream” gig at the footy club they support. That means a club can get labour very cheap (and it shows at times such as here with the lack of proof reading and pretty basic errors).

I wouldn’t be shocked if the person writing that is a fanboy doing it for free as a trial to see if he gets a paid gig.

For all the money floating around for the players, there is very little for the administration staff.

There’s also plenty of supporters willing to volunteer to try and get a foot in to a “dream” gig at the footy club they support. That means a club can get labour very cheap (and it shows at times such as here with the lack of proof reading and pretty basic errors).
With you; however, I saw the dude on LinkedIn (the one that wrote that horrific article, also don't ask me why I visited that hellscape) and he commenced as Social Media and Content Coordinator this month. Fingers crossed somebody can teach him how to spell/write, or the website is going to be extremely painful reading this year.

With you; however, I saw the dude on LinkedIn (the one that wrote that horrific article, also don't ask me why I visited that hellscape) and he commenced as Social Media and Content Coordinator this month. Fingers crossed somebody can teach him how to spell/write, or the website is going to be extremely painful reading this year.
Looking forward to his commentary on the practice match this Friday.

Looking forward to his commentary on the practice match this Friday.
Keen to hear how Josh Shaquille, Jacob Van Ruin, Lachie Gatherer and co go.

Expect our team sheet to look like this in Round 1:

images (46).jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hung around at a s**t job a bit too long. Boss organised a little farewell on my last day.
Mate volunteers to do a speech, walks up in front of about 30 people and says: "Toump's alright. Has anyone got any ketamine?"
Some people laugh, most are just confused, especially when this dude turns around and walks out of the room. Bit awkward.

Anyway he also quit that s**t place and ended up working at the Dees a few months later. Legend of a bloke actually.
Good to see he's still kicking goals!

Deadset embarrassing, to be honest.

Yea, lets soften up Demon by putting Spirit next to it... thennnnnnnn.... lets get a kid who hasn't reached puberty to do a voice over to make Demons Spirit sound even less threatening. ******* morons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back