Game Day Game Day Preview Melbourne v Collingwood Mon 14 June 3.20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the great write up.
Bucks walked. He was not publicly terminated
Of course I want us to win.
Emotions can elevate or decimate...
Tomorrow we will find out how the players can respond to this week.
The following week will be another response

Thanks for the great write up.
Bucks walked. He was not publicly terminated
Of course I want us to win.
Emotions can elevate or decimate...
Tomorrow we will find out how the players can respond to this week.
The following week will be another response
I can guarantee that the following week we just won't turn up! Bookmark it and take it to the bank.

I've made it no secret that I felt a change was required in the coaching department, but today will be a sad day. It's such a shame that the majority of the supporter base won't be able to farewell him at the ground.

Feels surreal that this is the end of Nathan Buckley's coaching tenure. It only feels like yesterday we were witnessing him start Peter Yagmoor, Jackson Paine and Paul Seedsman for their first games against Hawthorn in round 1 2012. Pendles and Sidey are the only two players to have been there from start to finish.

On the match itself, I'm really excited to see how Elliott and McCreery complement each other in the forward line. Hopefully this combination makes us more unpredictable for opposition defences.

I expect a strong start and to lead at quarter time but feel that Gawn and Petracca will then take the game away from us in the second half.

Football fairytales are just not in the stars for Buckley.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I expect a strong start and to lead at quarter time but feel that Gawn and Petracca will then take the game away from us in the second half.

Football fairytales are just not in the stars for Buckley.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That's how I feel too.

A superhuman performance by Adams and Grundy would likely be needed for us to roll them now.

I suppose stranger things have happened.

Today is a good day and tomorrow will be a great day.
No player or past player is bigger than the Club.
Would still love to Bucks go out on a high note with a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to 20 touches each from Poulter and Bianco... and a rising star nomination for one of them next week. Fingers crossed that Murphy has an impact up forward and Lynch surprises us with 10 disposals and by holding his own with Gawn.

Hopefully post game there is some sort of acknowledgement of Bucks by all players on the ground

Looking forward to 20 touches each from Poulter and Bianco... and a rising star nomination for one of them next week. Fingers crossed that Murphy has an impact up forward and Lynch surprises us with 10 disposals and by holding his own with Gawn.

Hopefully post game there is some sort of acknowledgement of Bucks by all players on the ground
Lynch will be smashed. The last thing you'd want would be for him to mysteriously hold his own against Gawn (the suggestion is laughable), because there would then be a compelling reason to retain him on the list. However, I guess that a positive performance might actually give him some trade value, of which he would currently have done, and we could use some points for the acquisition of Daicos.

Lynch's selection over Cox speaks volumes for the respect in which Cox is now held by the selectors. Hopefully our mids are primed for sharking the ball from the Melbourne mids, because Gawn is almost certain to have everything his own way in the ruck contests.

Lynch will be smashed. The last thing you'd want would be for him to mysteriously hold his own against Gawn (the suggestion is laughable), because there would then be a compelling reason to retain him on the list. However, I guess that a positive performance might actually give him some trade value, of which he would currently have done, and we could use some points for the acquisition of Daicos.

Lynch's selection over Cox speaks volumes for the respect in which Cox is now held by the selectors. Hopefully our mids are primed for sharking the ball from the Melbourne mids, because Gawn is almost certain to have everything his own way in the ruck contests.
Will be interesting if Cox is selected against Freo (after the bye next week).

I am not a big fan of Lynch either sadly.

I always think when a seemingly obvious selection choice is not made... every player is carrying niggles. Maybe in cases such as the non selection of Cox this week, they're carrying a niggle injury sufficient to make them not worth risking a game, but the club keep quiet about it?

From memory in our 2010 premiership year, Didak was carrying a severe injury (broken rib or something?) but we were able to keep playing him, just didn't announce the injury publically so that the opposition couldn't exploit it.

Lynch will be smashed. ...........

What it tells me is that the selectors don't see Cox as a ruckman at all. They see him purely as a forward. Yes, he can help out in the ruck, but as we saw last night, anyone can do that (Richmond used Marlion Pickett in the ruck a few times....).

So when you look at it that way, the only ruckman we have on our list is Grundy and Lynch. Pick one out of them.

For tall forwards, we have Cameron and Cox. Pick one out of them.

What it tells me is that the selectors don't see Cox as a ruckman at all. They see him purely as a forward. Yes, he can help out in the ruck, but as we saw last night, anyone can do that (Richmond used Marlion Pickett in the ruck a few times....).

So when you look at it that way, the only ruckman we have on our list is Grundy and Lynch. Pick one out of them.

For tall forwards, we have Cameron and Cox. Pick one out of them.
Cox is actually a better tap than Grundy but Grundy is the better all round ruck(rover).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back