Game Day Game Day Preview Melbourne v Collingwood Mon 14 June 3.20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s 20,720 days since Melbourne won a premiership

Sucked-in you descendants of dandruffed, try-hard plutocrats

For nearly 60 years you've been bedwetters and that’s not going to change this game

We have Jamie F*cking Elliott back

Pace, one grab, truth off the boot

And a face to melt the stony heart of a tuckshop manager

Time for more swagger this week

Poulter, McCreery, and Daics you are in Sydney – goal, showboat, sledge

Jordy you are a natural for this city of glitz and frosting; time to dominate young fella, Hell is couldabeen

I will stand and applaud Bucks and probably mist-up – he has a red hot go and carries himself with dignity

He’s been a black and white warrior and deserves our thanks and love

We extend our winning streak

Collingwood by 64 points

For nearly 60 years you've been bedwetters and that’s not going to change this game

Jordy you are a natural for this city of glitz and frosting; time to dominate young fella, Hell is couldabeen

I will stand and applaud Bucks and probably mist-up – he has a red hot go and carries himself with dignity

Collingwood by 64 points
Are you going mate?

Collingwood by 64 points
I envy you. I’d give my left nut to see Bucks in black and white for the last time.

I need another beer…

A win would be a fitting tribute from the players but would also provoke questions regarding the decision to terminate Buckley's coaching. If we win, is it due to the players committing 110% for Buck's last game or because they feel liberated by his resignation and invigorated at the prospect of a new style and game plan? If Buckley can lead the team to a win over top team Melbourne, why was his position terminated? In some ways, a decisive loss would be a more appropriate if undesirable outcome. Nevertheless, I hope we win.

Totally get what your saying.
Is it a + positive or a - Negative.
The same will be with Harvey and his coaching in 2021 in the next games.

Totally get what your saying.
Is it a + positive or a - Negative.
The same will be with Harvey and his coaching in 2021 in the next games.
Harvey is the very definition of a caretaker coach. He has zero chance of getting the job.

Meeting up with some old Collingwood mates to watch this at a pub. It’s an historical occasion, and I need like-minded people around me. I expect there will be hugging and reminiscing, and lots of high fives when we win.😊
I just booked last minute flights from Sunny Coast and a hotel. Hit the hip pocket but can't pass up the opportunity to be there for Bucks's last game. I love that man.

Not at all.
He’s got a job to do and I believe he will do it well.
I am actually looking forward to seeing what Harvey does with the team. There have been many doubts expressed over his coaching ability but now he has the chance to prove his worth. The change of coach and perhaps game plan will at least inject some interest into the latter half of the season.

I am actually looking forward to seeing what Harvey does with the team. There have been many doubts expressed over his coaching ability but now he has the chance to prove his worth. The change of coach and perhaps game plan will at least inject some interest into the latter half of the season.

Hopefully does some Different things to Bucks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I envy you. I’d give my left nut to see Bucks in black and white for the last time.

I need another beer…

Why is it always the poor left nut that gets offered? What makes the right one more precious?

A win would be a fitting tribute from the players but would also provoke questions regarding the decision to terminate Buckley's coaching. If we win, is it due to the players committing 110% for Buck's last game or because they feel liberated by his resignation and invigorated at the prospect of a new style and game plan? If Buckley can lead the team to a win over top team Melbourne, why was his position terminated? In some ways, a decisive loss would be a more appropriate if undesirable outcome. Nevertheless, I hope we win.

I think we’ve improved our on-field performance over the last few weeks. Expect that to continue tomorrow. Whether that’s enough to get us over the Dees, I don’t know, but I’m not optimistic.

Why is it always the poor left nut that gets offered? What makes the right one more precious?

More right handers, right handers dress left, left therefore hangs lower, distance makes them less regarded?

Mind you, I’d happily sacrifice Jmac’s lefty and righty.

Last edited:

That's not entirely true. Bucks himself has made the decision to pull the plug now, as he said during his presser, that he doesn't know if he wants to be at the club in the next 5 years, so his commitment to a rebuild was wavering. I know he may have wanted to coach the year out, but if he has his own doubt about his commitment, then there was no point continuing beyond this week.
I also believe if it wasn't the BF game, and just a standard game, Bucks may well not be coaching this week. I do hope though the players can lift, and pull one out of the bag for Bucks.

That's not entirely true. Bucks himself has made the decision to pull the plug now, as he said during his presser, that he doesn't know if he wants to be at the club in the next 5 years, so his commitment to a rebuild was wavering. I know he may have wanted to coach the year out, but if he has his own doubt about his commitment, then there was no point continuing beyond this week.
I also believe if it wasn't the BF game, and just a standard game, Bucks may well not be coaching this week. I do hope though the players can lift, and pull one out of the bag for Bucks.

Start Making the Changes that are Badly Needed be done lot Quicker now

I don't subscribe to the "Milestone" theory when media like to think clubs lift in the hope of winning for a player's 200th or 250th or whatever game but tomorrow is vastly different. There will be no "I must play at 110%" thinking from players. I honestly believe it will be an automatic lift in intensity knowing that it is the last chance to bring Bucks some joy from the decades of dedication he has given the club. Would love to be in the huddle at all breaks listening to Pendles, Sidey, Maynard, Moore etc and what will come out of them, their hearts, their love for the man. Can't wait to get to the ground. Go Pies. For BUCKS!

I don't subscribe to the "Milestone" theory when media like to think clubs lift in the hope of winning for a player's 200th or 250th or whatever game but tomorrow is vastly different. There will be no "I must play at 110%" thinking from players. I honestly believe it will be an automatic lift in intensity knowing that it is the last chance to bring Bucks some joy from the decades of dedication he has given the club. Would love to be in the huddle at all breaks listening to Pendles, Sidey, Maynard, Moore etc and what will come out of them, their hearts, their love for the man. Can't wait to get to the ground. Go Pies. For BUCKS!
Lucky you, I would love to have gone. Yell loud for me too please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back