Preview Gameday Thread. Hawks Vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather: Currently 7.1 degrees with no breeze whatsoever, expecting a top of 14. Mainly cloudy and any rain should hold off until tonight.

"Central North for Saturday Central North and Midlands: Morning fog patches, otherwise fine apart from isolated showers about the north coast, becoming more extensive during the afternoon. Cold to locally very cold with frost patches at first, then a cool to locally mild day. Light winds tending light to moderate northwesterly and freshening about the coast later."

Seems like perfect conditions to debut Lisle to me.

Weather update: cloudy and drizzle. I'd say the ground will be slippery so sewell must play.

Mitch is a definate starter

Pls totally disregard TAITA's ill founded faith in the meteorological service and defer to the man on the ground gh!!!

I am hopeful that everyone gives more than a passing thought to what boots they will be wearing today if it's greasy. (personal bugbear of mine)

Bit worried that they have their big bodies all back in the side together - Clark, Merrett, Leuenberger, Fev, Brown - and that this may cause us some pain but I think we will be too quick for them on the big ground and have too much talent across the park. Will be very relieved when we hopefully have the 4 points in the bag.

I was nervous now excited. Sewell will be BOG you wait and see!

Our midfield is going to DESTROY theirs.

C'MON on HAWKS lets get our first 10 goal win and send more fear into the hearts of the top 4.

I am fired up now!

Ok. I'm going to stick my neck out and make my first ever prediction on BF. :rolleyes:

Hodgey to spend a significant amount of time forward and will kick at least 3 goals.

Disappointed to not see Lisle play, i was hoping the conditions held up so he had a better chance to play.

That said, we are now a forward down, although WhiteX has gone forward this year and been handy so hopefully he can do that again today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I don't think Voss is much of a coach and the Lions much of a team if we lose today at Tassie it will be far worse than losing to the Weagles.
Bloody Shaw and Lynch talking to Voss about how bad they have been hope it doesn't fire them up.
Nothing worse than losing to bad Teams.

I realy can't see us losing this game we are driven for September, different with the Cats they have nothing to play for they just won the flag last year and are garunteed finals, we know we need to win.
I'm thinking we could shock the Lions with a thumping!

I'm different. Always prefer the better player to come in.

Sewell > Lisle
Fair enough but Lisle really hasn't had a chance on the big stage so it's hard to compare. It's more just replacing a forward with a mid which is weird. Yes we can fill the void of franklin but it gives us one less target going forward. Being wet the ball isn't going to come inside 50 accurately and a marking option is going to be needed.

I hope Sewell plays well though, hopefully he does what Lewis did all those rounds back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back