Preview Gameday Thread. Hawthorn Vs Carlton & Preview & Bartos (maybe)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was last season:confused:
no - that was the party you had to have!
Plenty of BIG names still on your list. You still could carve it up this season and Carlton could easily be the spark like they almost were last year.

I thought that was last season:confused:

No, last season we had our head in the clouds and, rightly or wrongly, had every excuse imagineable as a reason why we didn't perform... This year is about reality and maturation- I wish we'd had this experience last year, however we didn't, so we move forward and hopefully- collectively- grow and really learn the lessons of never taking anything for granted and the constant work ethic, appreciation, & respect that is required of successful teams...

It has to get to a point where the individual doesn't matter, where petty jealousies and selfishness are eradicated... The group must get to a point on the field where enough is enough and pull together to get the best out of the team... I love this team, love this club- but i can't say I've seen a team effort since the premiership except Maye once or twice- all I've seen are a couple of idividuals who exude the right ethos towards the game- but individuals are of no use to us right now.

What will kill me is if we are just off the pace again.

Not sure I could take another game where we battled for the lead for a half, dropped 4 goals down, battled back to be in front & then ran out of legs and lost by 8 points etc... Especially if we look at skill errors, umpiring decisions & questionable selection decisions etc & again think to ourselves; if only...

This week I would like the boys to leave it all out on the park * - I really couldn't care about the result - I just want to see the boys enjoy their footy again & have a flat out dip. Everyone play to their strengths & work as a unit again.

Funnily enough, if that were to happen I think the result would be beyond question...

(* Not to suggest the boys don't try their best every week - just that after the game I don't see guys other than Renouf, Brown, Cyril & Hodge dragging themselves from the field - everyone else looks as though they could back straight up into another game)

No, last season we had our head in the clouds and, rightly or wrongly, had every excuse imagineable as a reason why we didn't perform... This year is about reality and maturation- I wish we'd had this experience last year, however we didn't, so we move forward and hopefully- collectively- grow and really learn the lessons of never taking anything for granted and the constant work ethic, appreciation, & respect that is required of successful teams...

It has to get to a point where the individual doesn't matter, where petty jealousies and selfishness are eradicated... The group must get to a point on the field where enough is enough and pull together to get the best out of the team... I love this team, love this club- but i can't say I've seen a team effort since the premiership except Maye once or twice- all I've seen are a couple of idividuals who exude the right ethos towards the game- but individuals are of no use to us right now.
at a risk of incurring the wrath of the mods - do you use you left or right for that?

Go hawks. All I'm asking for is a close game with good skill and minimal whistle blowing. If we can put up a fight and keep up the intencity it'll be a good sign that we are starting to come good. 4 points would be nice too of course, but I really wanna see us actually play for each other and not over possess.

Not long till kick off. Heres hoping for a good game!

Just thought I'd let you know that this match is being shown live here now(11.20pm Sat. in Chicago) in the United States on ESPN2. Hopefully it will be seen by many Americans who have never seen a footy match before.

Just thought I'd let you know that this match is being shown live here now(11.20pm Sat. in Chicago) in the United States on ESPN2. Hopefully it will be seen by many Americans who have never seen a footy match before.
Good to hear Chicago. Hopefully we can put on a bit of a show for all you guys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God.....when we are on, we are on. When we are off....we are bad..relaly bad :( hawks can smash us today.

I get irritated by all these commentators saying the Blues are "in trouble." It's the first quarter, for God's sake! Make no mistake, Ratten's going to put a rocket up'em and the Blues will come out firing in the second quarter. Hawks need to keep applying the pressure like they have been and NOT give away goals in red time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back