Gather Round 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s the seating like? Is it mostly standing?

And when do tickets go on sale?
Mostly standing. I guess, 60%?
(which I personally prefer)

They’d wanna have the bar/beer situation sorted this time round.
We watched the last quarter of the GC v Freo game outside the stadium because the lineup was literally half way around the ground. They had less bars open that night than they do at the Norwood SANFL games - which makes me think it was possibly an AFL led decision since they controlled what stock etc to sell (ie; not Coopers - one of Norwoods major sponsors). Saying that the head of hospitality at the footy club was on an Adelaide hospo page the day before begging for staff.
Either way, it was a shambles.

IMG_6818.jpeg

This was in the second quarter & that is the bar all the way down there. Had about another 40m worth of punters behind me when I took this photo.

Last edited:
Mostly standing. I guess, 60%?
(which I personally prefer)

They’d wanna have the bar/beer situation sorted this time round.
We watched the last quarter of the GC v Freo game outside the stadium because the lineup was literally half way around the ground. They had less bars open that night than they do at the Norwood SANFL games - which makes me think it was possibly an AFL led decision since they controlled what stock etc to sell (ie; not Coopers - one of Norwoods major sponsors). Saying that the head of hospitality at the footy club was on an Adelaide hospo page the day before begging for staff.
Either way, it was a shambles.

View attachment 1851299

This was in the second quarter & that is the bar all the way down there. Had about another 40m worth of punters behind me when I took this photo.
Loos and bars are the most important things at these events. Get them right and everyone is happy.

And I for one am stoked all my mates are chipping in a little to bring North to our home town for me to watch.

Yeah absolutely, good for you and all SA supporters. My point is not to dismiss that aspect but to explain that this round is not a grassroots promotion. This round was not created to promote the game in new markets. It was created because someone wanted to pay for it and all the clubs agreed to take the money. So it is pointless for people to argue that it should be played somewhere else because at this stage, nowhere else is offering the money that SA is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone received a "voucher code" like we did for last year's game yet? I've received nothing yet either.

Has anyone received a "voucher code" like we did for last year's game yet? I've received nothing yet either.

Nothing here.

The issue is getting tickets with Non Members to Games or going as a Non Member to a game.

Therefore we’ll be getting ours on Tuesday.

If I miss out on Tickets I suppose I will watch from outside

Nothing here.

The issue is getting tickets with Non Members to Games or going as a Non Member to a game.

Therefore we’ll be getting ours on Tuesday.

If I miss out on Tickets I suppose I will watch from outside
We could put in for a cherry picker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back