Geelong 1963 Premiership autograph book

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 12, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
My apologies is this is in the wrong forum. My father in law has come across hard times and has an autograph book from the 1963 premiership team with all the team signatures inc Polly Farmer and Tony Polinelli. If anybody can guide me as to where I might be able to sell this for him it would be much appreciated. I know he really doesn't want to let it go but do to unforeseen circumstances he has to let it go:thumbsdown:

Cheers!

Definitely make the effort to reasonably establish what it's worth before entertaining any offers, unless the offer is too good to pass up.
We just don't want to see you/your old man get ripped off.

yes definitely get it valued as these things can be worth more than you think. If you decide to use ebay then set a reserve price that is in line with your valuation. This way you wont lose it cheaply and defeat the purpose of selling it. Otherwise sell it at one of the larger Auction Houses that sell Sports Memorabilia.

Yeah contact the club. Im sure theyd be interested.

Dont know ur Father in Laws situation but u ever thought of getting a loan out to fund the situation, i know it may seem a pain to add more debt to whatever his situation is...but maybe one day when things are better he may rue losing somehting so priceless and special to him

Sorry guys for bumping such an old thread but wanted to share a '63 Weg poster I found whilst cleaning out my mothers things. Seems to have 29 signatures of listed but can't work out a couple. Any help would be great.
cat 1111.jpg

Sorry guys for bumping such an old thread but wanted to share a '63 Weg poster I found whilst cleaning out my mothers things. Seems to have 29 signatures of listed but can't work out a couple. Any help would be great.
View attachment 1364911
You need to at least give us a clue on the ones you need.

You need to at least give us a clue on the ones you need.
This is what I have so far, I worked out that a couple of players had signed twice I think but the ones with no name next to them are the ones I'm looking for help with. Two on the left upper side, two on the bottom left, one on the middle right and two top right.

1963 Cats team.jpg

Actually here's one with the missing sigs circled.

1963 Cats team_LI.jpg

Some I haven't found yet:
Paul Vinar
Bill Goggin
Ian Scott
Hugh Routley
John Brown
John Yeates

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So tell us how you ended up barracking for The Dees
Dads side of the family were all Dees fans and mums were all Geelong. Dad bought us kids Melbourne jumpers and that was that. I was even born in Geelong and until last year half wished mum pushed harder for the cats.

I think it got signed when my grandfather took mum to post flag celebrations.

Dads side of the family were all Dees fans and mums were all Geelong. Dad bought us kids Melbourne jumpers and that was that. I was even born in Geelong and until last year half wished mum pushed harder for the cats.

I think it got signed when my grandfather took mum to post flag celebrations.
I was there at the town hall that night when the Cats got back from the MCG it was a huge crowd and something I'll never forget.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back