Review Geelong dumps Crows by 42 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Must admit im bit surprised by the early market for next weeks game

WB $2 Geel $1.80

Geel have got alot of injuries - come the opening bounce i reckon that market will be totally opposite - Dogs have to be favourites surely - Geel have got blokes like Narkle/Stephens/Evans - who are only getting a game because higher credentialed players are unavailable
Narkle didnt play

I was going to ask the same question (won’t be poular).

Is Cooper Stephens any better than Charlie Constable? Same good size, same lack of pace, same lack of spread (real bad), if anything he can’t rack em up as well as Charlie but he may have a better tank.

Only young and played very little footy, just don’t see a gun mid there, love to be wrong.

DeKoning on the other hand…wowee.

Stephens is faster, moves better through stoppage, strong over the ball, better by foot, better runner aerobically.

The only weakness they share is lack of defensive accountability. We need to see Cooper tackle and chase.

I didn't like Hawkins throwing away an almost certain goal. There is a time and place for that. It's a bit arrogant and disrespectful to the opposing team that has pushed you well into the 3rd quarter. Neale didn't have a great game, I reckon he'd prefer to get his first goal on his own merit.
I will come back to my previous posts about confidence in the 30m shot for goal. If you stuff it up you look like a dick, but if you try a snap - or in this case - palm it off to someone else, you can have a bit of a laugh about it when it doesn't work. I don't like it.

What was worse it was a s**t kick from Tommy to Neale. Didn't look that hard to execute was just a really poor effort.

I love Tommy but this was shitshow on his behalf.

So I don't like it, but what does that matter I'm not out there am I?

Last edited:
Stephens is faster, moves better through stoppage, strong over the ball, better by foot, better runner aerobically.

The only weakness they share is lack of defensive accountability. We need to see Cooper tackle and chase.
For Stephens I think he lays the tackles when they're in his vicinity so i don't think it's the tackling but I agree on the chasing. I definitely feel like there's times where it gets out of a stoppage and he just his rather than apply some audible footsteps in the vicinity of the ball carrier. He's a level above Chook on it but he needs to step it up because it's in a similar vein

I definitely agree on giving Cooper games and time and waiting for maybe 18 months time to judge him. I think he's suffering from the "why isn't he Christian Petracca yet" syndrome.

But I disagree on Chook. He has been given plenty of chances and by the time he left we knew he wouldn't make it. He is never going to be best 22 at gold coast in my honest opinion either
Petracca was no world beater for years. Took him time

Nah just don't take your opinions on footballing talent all that seriously is all.

Was a truly woeful game of football today.
Dump on a mod? Great idea.

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

Now I can go back to bed

EDIT /sarc

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed season 2 with an ACL, but he always showed he had IT. CS looks average in all respects. If he played for any other team, would not be in any conversations.

Exactly mate,...Cooper's barely played in the Geelong jumper till this year,...he is a Petracca type and could be very similar for us, great thing is we know he's a sensible lad who trains very hard and always trying to improve. We have a great combo moving on with him and Holmes.

Must admit im bit surprised by the early market for next weeks game

WB $2 Geel $1.80

Geel have got alot of injuries - come the opening bounce i reckon that market will be totally opposite - Dogs have to be favourites surely - Geel have got blokes like Narkle/Stephens/Evans - who are only getting a game because higher credentialed players are unavailable

Dogs also have a few drossplayers in the bottom of their 22 have you seen cordy mccomb khamis et al. But they will get some good players backfrom injury this week and they play the dome well so they will be a challenge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back