Autopsy Geelong lose to WC by 9 points at Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't get much tougher than that and we gave a really good account of ourselves all up but that doesn't count on the ladder. Can't be too disappointed with that.

Agreed. I felt like we could have won it in the last 5 minutes and that was a really 4 important points ladder wise but if we play like that all year we will win more than we lose and we will be a contender. Considering who we had out I was impressed by our effort.

A big effort so soon after last week's game in the mud. We were up against the form team on their home ground with a hostile crowd and missing a number of players including our captain. The last quarter was disappointing and frustrating but good teams force their opposition to make mistakes as we did to them in the first half. We kept fighting to the end and weren't thrashed.

Pretty happy with that. Hard to overcome a home crowd and some poor skills - but we were in it right up to the last minute.
Thought Sav did alright in the ruck, but had a few skill errors. Still, he's 22. I'll wear that.

Thought Richo was really good in the box - actually gave us credit unlike Brayshaw etc. Lots of respect for him.

Both teams understrength, but after a big long slog in a hurricane last week, thought we did alright. The EFFORT was there. That's what I liked. I think the balance of old and new was about right. Some good youthful enthusiasm (and skill errors).

Rest up for North and let's go Catters!

Agreed. I felt like we could have won it in the last 5 minutes and that was a really 4 important points ladder wise but if we play like that all year we will win more than we lose and we will be a contender. Considering who we had out I was impressed by our effort.
Spot on mate. Had we played like we did tonight against any other team, or even against West Coast without the crowd, we'd win.

Positive night tonight.

Pretty stiff.
Played on one of the greatest athletes this game has ever seen and did well in the first half.

Of course, Blicavs costing us a couple of crucial goals late in the 4th quarter will go unnoticed as it's all on Ratugolea the 37 gamer.
Not sure what you were watching but he was awful in the first half, regardless.of how much the commentary box was trying to hype the Natanui vs. Ratagolea match up.

Why was there no free to Constable when he got a shoulder to the face in front of goal late?
The commentators claimed that the WCE player had his hands on the ball and thus the high contact was ok

Can someone explain to me why a blatant head high contact on Constable 15m out that almost certainly would have given us the lead back with less than 5 minutes to play was not a major talking point for the commentators? Absolutely bizarre that it wasn't mentioned given the significance of the game state and the impact that would have had on the outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty good effort tried hard, bit unlucky with couple of dopey mistakes from a couple of players. The team had a good attitude and fought it out. A good ruckman would be noice. West Coast are good. Pity Guthrie played on after that fantastic mark- deserved better!

Both are culpable. And others.

I rate Ratugolea despite his poor turnovers. I think he gets to all the right contests and presents as a big target which is always what you want from those type of players. He finished with 11 disposals and 2 contested grabs but did not kick that goal when he was almost directly out in front. That is inexcusable for a key forward.
Good news, he's still raw and very young.

Has to be persevered with.

Dangerfield was very poor. Came to life in the 2nd half but poor from him tonight.
Menegola disappeared in the 2nd half. Parfitt was very quiet as well and we could not stop Kelly, Yeo or Sheed from doing as they pleased in that last term.

My whinge is our skill level falls off a cliff when it matters and has done so for 6 years and seems to never get fixed just not good enough by the club

BOG by far natanui. Brilliant and more influential than i have seen a player for a long time. Was literally the difference.

Our defense is struggling in the air. Kennedy comprehensively beat taylor who is starting to show his age.

Stanley or fort could have nullified alot of that.. Would have still infuenced but hopefully not as bad as he did.

Thought all up we did well... Over there without a genuine ruck and no selwood.. Good effort.

Would back up against them on neutral ground with both having a full line up. Didnt see anything from them tonight to suggest we cant beat them

NN killed Grundy in the ruck last week.
That was Grundy worst game for the year,

People also need to remember we went in without a ruckman against the best ruckman in the competition right now. Nic Nat absolutely dominated and had Fort/Stanley played instead of Esava running around the middle turning it over that sets them back a few goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back