Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
Gary O'Donnell to coem back to Victoria as an assistant coach at Geelong. Also

Nigel Lappin wants to come back to Victoria. Actually it is his wife that does as she is about to give birth and wants to be around her family for support. Apperently Geelong is trying all it can to secure him... Not sure what they are offering though...

Originally posted by BigCat1
how old is Lappin.

Thinking the same thing...*Checks out Brisbane site*

Date of Birth: 21st June 1976

A tad on the old side, definitely would reduce his trade value ;)

Originally posted by Shaitan

He is only 27!, just coming into the prime of his career, i would move heaven and earth to get him to the Pies, he is a genuine matchwinner and gun player

Originally posted by Shaitan

He is in his prime. At Geelong I dare say you would not want many more young players, it would be handy to have some more senior and experianced players such as Lappin. :)

Interesting rumour.
I know all the talk at Geelong has been about grabbing a gun who can take a big mark in the fwd50, but this Lappin thing makes me wonder . . . . . I know I'd rather be on the end of a Lappin pass than one from Clarke/Rahilly/Spriggs/Wojcinski, know what I mean? Blokes like Lappin could make an average forward line look good.
Thoughts?

Lappin would be awsome. Richo was grilled on the Footy Show about coming to Geelong. ????????? Richo-Lappin would be a dream.

Re Richo-Lappin

Richo-Lappin would be a dream.

How can you say having Richo would be a dream? It'd be shocking. With all our young players around, if he started getting down spirited and pessimistic how do you reckon our players will react? We don't want someone who's going to hang their head the whole time. But it'd be great to get Lappin. And if we got Rawlings as well it'd be perfect. (Might as well keep dreaming)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back