Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Go do year 8 english. Ffs man.
Apologies.

Seeing you quoted my post, I assumed that "I have it on good authority that there may be a flog or two at your club." must have been due to a misinterpretation about what I'd written.

But I over-estimated you, it turns out that it was just random tosspotery.

Apologies.

Seeing you quoted my post, I assumed that "I have it on good authority that there may be a flog or two at your club." must have been due to a misinterpretation about what I'd written.

But I over-estimated you, it turns out that it was just random tosspotery.

Lol he was trying to say that there's certain players at your club that Henry didn't like, and wanted to get away from - that factored in to his decision.

Lol he was trying to say that there's certain players at your club that Henry didn't like, and wanted to get away from - that factored in to his decision.
Nah, he said there’s a flog or two at our club. Imagine being that precious that you can’t work in the same job as someone else you don’t like 😂

There’s no angle cats fans can add to this without Henry coming off a little bit dirty for being a precious kid.

If he had left Collingwood to be closer to family and play with his bro interstate, it really wouldn’t be this big a deal to Magpie fans. The fact he wanted to leave to be 1 hour down the highway is soft as butter.

Nah, he said there’s a flog or two at our club. Imagine being that precious that you can’t work in the same job as someone else you don’t like 😂

There’s no angle cats fans can add to this without Henry coming off a little bit dirty for being a precious kid.

If he had left Collingwood to be closer to family and play with his bro interstate, it really wouldn’t be this big a deal to Magpie fans. The fact he wanted to leave to be 1 hour down the highway is soft as butter.
Lol...the fact that you're still upset about it 4 days later, says a lot more about you than it does about him.

You enjoy Mitchell, we'll enjoy Henry - good luck next season.

/endthread

Lol...the fact that you're still upset about it 4 days later, says a lot more about you than it does about him.

You enjoy Mitchell, we'll enjoy Henry - good luck next season.

/endthread
Says the guy who is still having a cry about Jordan Clark 12 months later.

You and your mate Jack argue like 14 year old girls. “Why’re you still upset?”, “/endthread”, “This will be my last post!”

I actually became even more active in this thread post trade period because the Pies ended up doing very well out of this trade after fearing the worst. I’m very content with 25 + Mitchell as compensation.

Doesn’t change the fact Henry is going to look like the biggest sooky baby in the competition over the next 12 months.

Says the guy who is still having a cry about Jordan Clark 12 months later.

You and your mate Jack argue like 14 year old girls. “Why’re you still upset?”, “/endthread”, “This will be my last post!”

I actually became even more active in this thread post trade period because the Pies ended up doing very well out of this trade after fearing the worst. I’m very content with 25 + Mitchell as compensation.

Doesn’t change the fact Henry is going to look like the biggest sooky baby in the competition over the next 12 months.

What, lol? Think you've got me confused bud...I haven't posted in this thread since the day before trade period ended. I actually went on your board and tried to mend fences, and got mostly positive responses.

Also, the comment wasn't even in response to you, it was to someone else who 'liked' the comment - yet you've seen fit to chime in and use it as an excuse to throw all your toys out of the cot. You call Henry a sook, yet here you are looking for any opportunity to dig the boot in - even when it's an innocent comment to another poster - all because you're pissed off about losing one player...when you brought in 4 yourself.

Move on and grow up.

Is this justification number 375. I don't know why he needs any justification. He wanted to move to Geelong, who cares about his reasons. Good luck to the kid.

But in terms of flogs at clubs - 44 feted players, who've been indulged with ridiculous amounts of praise coming up and once in the system, good luck finding a flog free AFL club.

Having said that, unless I've missed it, it is interesting that. Ollie hasn't followed standard protocol and thanked his former employer.

What, lol? Think you've got me confused bud...I haven't posted in this thread since the day before trade period ended. I actually went on your board and tried to mend fences, and got mostly positive responses.

Also, the comment wasn't even in response to you, it was to someone else who 'liked' the comment - yet you've seen fit to chime in and use it as an excuse to throw all your toys out of the cot. You call Henry a sook, yet here you are looking for any opportunity to dig the boot in - even when it's an innocent comment to another poster - all because you're pissed off about losing one player...when you brought in 4 yourself.

Move on and grow up.
Why do you feel so compelled to get the last word when you think it so beneath you?

Is this justification number 375. I don't know why he needs any justification. He wanted to move to Geelong, who cares about his reasons. Good luck to the kid.

But in terms of flogs at clubs - 44 feted players, who've been indulged with ridiculous amounts of praise coming up and once in the system, good luck finding a flog free AFL club.

Having said that, unless I've missed it, it is interesting that. Ollie hasn't followed standard protocol and thanked his former employer.

Yeah the whole thing is a mess to be honest. It's very similar to JHF, but without as much animosity. We'll never know the intricate details of what happened, but it's just one of those things I guess.

Not every job a player leaves is smooth sailing - Bowes coming to us is a good example, as he didn't have much say in GC offloading him, and was blindsided by it in his exit meeting. You guys with Treloar and Grundy (less so), is another example. It happens. It's just the nature of the business, and every club/individual trying to do what's best for them. Sometimes those things just don't marry up.

As I've said before, I actually had a lot of time for your club this season, and was impressed by a lot of the style changes, culture shift etc. I would hope that moving forward, guys like Ginnivan and Henry aren't pilloried by the wider community- as the pile on has real world effects in this day and age.

Anyway, I'm out, as your fellow poster seems to be in a mood to attack and denigrate, and I honestly just don't care enough to engage anymore, haha.

Good luck in 2023 :)

See ya

Last edited:
Why do you feel so compelled to get the last word when you think it so beneath you?

Lol someone attacked me for no reason mate. I was clarifying and simultaneously implying that their behaviour is exactly the behaviour they're insinuating that Ollie has displayed.

There's no need for it. Just want to be able to have an adult level-headed conversation without resorting to 'I know you are but what am I?'

But I'm happy not to have the last word here, as I'll leave now - and I'm sure I'll get responses to both of these comments anyway.

Collingwood & Geelong.

Great.. elite.. successful and wealthy.. both hard working and ingenious.. 100+ yrs history.. destination clubs.

Both have earned the right to celebrate all the above aforementioned jazz razzamatazz on and off the pitch. No gorblimey with anyone wanting to make the move. There is such a thing as ethics though in situations like this. A deal that works for both clubs. That's true in life as well. You don't spend your spondoolies on a delish pair of Karl Lagerfeld's and expect to get a pair of el cheapo Clogs in return. Oh here we go. We're on an easy wicket here mate. Oh goodo P25 will get the deal done. Let's just get out the chards and spark one up. Cheerio. Thanks for the deal mate. It's not how life works mate. It's not how life works.

Last edited:

Even if we assume 1 hour from Geelong to the Holden Centre. Optimistic in peak hour traffic but whatever. Players get 1 week day off iirc.

So that’s still up and back 4 days a week. So 8 hours of travel. Even assuming 40 weeks contact per year that’s 320 hours a year travelling from home to work. Whereby travel from Kardinia park to home might be 15 minutes. Or 2 hours a week.

That’s a lot of extra hours at home with friends, family or your partner. I would have thought two years of covid lockdown would have reminded us all the importance of family and loved one’s.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, at the heart of it is that he had two options, was at the end of his contract, and picked his preferred option.

Whatever the reasons were, don’t really matter so much at the end of contract.

I’d have a dimmer view if he didn’t see his contract through.

I notice Madgen has now been delisted by Collingwood.

Let us all shed a tear and bow our heads, and hope that our dear friend Gimpy is doing okay...

View attachment 1538614

Watching the Madge play was like an absolute ball tearer from go to whoa man. Players like that are rare as hens' teeth I tell ya.

Yeah I'm doing okay thanks man.

Like with Ollie.. try and strike the best deal possible for the Madge and the club.. doesn't work out.. move on like a rat up a drainpipe.

Watching the Madge play was like an absolute ball tearer from go to whoa man. Players like that are rare as hens' teeth I tell ya.

Yeah I'm doing okay thanks man.

Like with Ollie.. try and strike the best deal possible for the Madge and the club.. doesn't work out.. move on like a rat up a drainpipe.
Gimpy... you know in your heart you will miss the madge

As a neutral weighing in, Ginnivan is a Toby Green like small forward. Henry has done nothing on the big stage yet. Will he?

Was waiting for Ginnivan to do something on the 'big stage' of the QF, as all the commentators were blowing so much smoke up his date.

Not sure he was even on the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back