Geelong - Too old, too slow?

Remove this Banner Ad

As the club has made a conscious decision to keep trying to win, why would they do that.

If they have fallen out of finals and are uncompetitive yeah of course you look to the future.

You don’t look to that future unless you need to.

Look at the England cricket side. Trying to push their two best bowlers into retirement at the cost of being able to compete in series and matches they should’ve at least competed in or won. As Cricinfo defined it, ‘building for a future that never arrives.’ Carlton did the same thing for 20 years

The ball doesn’t know the age of the bloke kicking it. If they are still league standard and earning their place in the side on merit, they should be picked in all but the most extreme rebuild cases
Cats oldies can’t get it done. Lessen the age profile especially with our new speedier game plan. Need more zest through the middle.

Cats oldies can’t get it done. Lessen the age profile especially with our new speedier game plan. Need more zest through the middle.

That’s probably true but it’s NOT the view the club has taken so in fitting with the view they’ve taken, they will select what they believe is the best 22 each week irrespective of age.

Geelong are nowhere near that Carlton side
True, but there plenty of time left in season and it clear this is there last tilt at a premiership before Selwood and a few others gone. IF, they pull it off, it would have been worth the gamble, like Carlton's was with old side of 1995. If their old side got on a winning run as season develops, you just never know.
There not many forwards line with an experienced and dangerous duo such as Hawkins and Cameron.
I suspect they still a chance to be one of the top four sides to grab the double chance. I think Demons and Lions are a lock but the other two double chances way more open.

Last edited:
:p most predictable bump of the weekend. Lose by 3pts, thread gets bumped.

I wouldn't worry too much, you'll figure at the pointy end of the season again for sure. That game was a taste of the finals, pressure immense by both sides.

I wouldn't worry too much, you'll figure at the pointy end of the season again for sure. That game was a taste of the finals, pressure immense by both sides.

Not worried, I find the regularity of this thread getting bumped amusing.

Beaten by a better side today but we weren't poor.

Season 6 Car Over Cliff GIF by ABC Network

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong - Too old, too slow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back