• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 40 23.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 53 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 52 29.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Yes their 2-1 grand final record has really gotten away from us and 6-4 overall record has really been disastrous. Every single time. Smashings.

A real rivalry is two teams perpetually getting in each other’s grill. Not one team bobbing up once every time Halley’s Comet reappears to remind everyone that they exist and then disappear off the face of the planet again while the other one ‘falls’ to third or fourth during their down years.

Again, if your club is as great as you make it out to be you would have given yourself every chance to prove it while we were at the top of the tree but you weren’t. You were busy getting flogged by 30 goals and having crowds turn up to the MCG that would barely fill Kardinia Park, members microwaving memberships, and talkback callers generally making radio hosts want to quit their jobs rather than field another call from a tigers fan. But they weren’t: they were s**t. Hawthorn to their credit took it up to us while we were at the top and pinched a flag off us, and we managed to at least get past them in a final on the way to our next flag and win a dozen games on the bounce against them afterwards, and be there to contest THEIR title runs.

As has been observed, you popped up, peaked, were enjoyed by basically nobody and then f**ked off again.

You were like 80s music.

You guys seem really defensive about a rivalry you are losing in. That’s really sad, like I said Stockholm syndrome.

Falcon bingo

• tbh
  • it’s sad
  • ngl
  • accidentally using the wrong account on the wrong board
  • getting a fact wildly wrong
  • draft picks
  • high picks
  • loser
  • picks
  • legend
  • Lethal
  • cliff
  • its actually very sad/awful/pathetic/other adjective that should never be used for a sport

Your obsession is creepy, but you get flustered with facts so much I get it.

I’m going to rub in your finals exit this year so hard you won’t believe it. I’ll be right in the end.

You guys seem really defensive about a rivalry you are losing in. That’s really sad, like I said Stockholm syndrome.

How are we defensive about it? They’ve had marginally the better of it. Full credit to them. It’s 2 grand finals to 1, 6 finals to 4. It’s a good rivalry and to their credit, again because you don’t seem to be able to read, they were around during our dominant run and served it up to us and beat us in a grand final, and we were around during theirs and unfortunately couldn’t return the favour. A preliminary final thriller was as close as we got. Being respectful of them isn’t exactly getting defensive, is it. Again, your skills as an amateur psychologist come to the fore 😂😂

Had your side actually managed to be around during our best run you might have managed to do the same, who knows. But you weren’t. You were an embarrassment. Hawthorn were not, they were there and managed to actually leapfrog the other clubs most people thought were the prime contenders to maybe beat us out for a flag like St Kilda and the Dogs.

The best you can come up with is this half-arsed idea that because at your peak you bested us - and again, full credit to your team for doing it because you were the best, there is no denying that - it creates this narrative of ‘well not playing you in finals is way better than losing them’

I’ll do my best Falcon impression to sum it up.

‘It hurts my eyes to read, and it’s just sad, man. NGL.’

I’m going to rub in your finals exit this year so hard you won’t believe it. I’ll be right in the end.

The fact that you would even be a) thinking about it and b) worrying about doing it is somewhat more worrying than me responding to some posts of yours in an actual Geelong-Richmond thread, if you want to talk obsessions.

You’ll be right in the end? Who cares.

#t#tankForPicks

Right would be Geelong finishing 14th or worse.

You then shifted the goalposts to "won't win a final".

You've now made "won't win the flag" as a desperate last stand?

Remember, you thought there was a very good chance Richmond would finish ahead of Geelong heading into this season. You are not looking too good on that one.

Can you bring up some finals games instead of meaningless H&A ones that look like it was filmed using a potato.
Facts are facts, we were in a rebuild phase between two premierships (2011 and 2022), you caught us in a rebuild, well done to you for catching us in our rebuild phase.

How are we defensive about it? They’ve had marginally the better of it. Full credit to them. It’s 2 grand finals to 1, 6 finals to 4. It’s a good rivalry and to their credit, again because you don’t seem to be able to read, they were around during our dominant run and served it up to us and beat us in a grand final, and we were around during theirs and unfortunately couldn’t return the favour. A preliminary final thriller was as close as we got. Being respectful of them isn’t exactly getting defensive, is it. Again, your skills as an amateur psychologist come to the fore

Had your side actually managed to be around during our best run you might have managed to do the same, who knows. But you weren’t. You were an embarrassment. Hawthorn were not, they were there and managed to actually leapfrog the other clubs most people thought were the prime contenders to maybe beat us out for a flag like St Kilda and the Dogs.

The best you can come up with is this half-arsed idea that because at your peak you bested us - and again, full credit to your team for doing it because you were the best, there is no denying that - it creates this narrative of ‘well not playing you in finals is way better than losing them’

I’ll do my best Falcon impression to sum it up.

‘It hurts my eyes to read, and it’s just sad, man. NGL.’

You just said they are better in it. Ergo you are losing and think it’s the greatest rivalry ever. Such a weird thing to boast about. I’d be embarrassed and most likely switch to Hawks.

The fact that you would even be a) thinking about it and b) worrying about doing it is somewhat more worrying than me responding to some posts of yours in an actual Geelong-Richmond thread, if you want to talk obsessions.

You’ll be right in the end? Who cares.

#t#tankForPicks

I normally wouldn’t straight after the loss to be polite but you’ve earned it with how much you pump yourselves up. You just better hope you win it.

Right would be Geelong finishing 14th or worse.

You then shifted the goalposts to "won't win a final".

You've now made "won't win the flag" as a desperate last stand?

Remember, you thought there was a very good chance Richmond would finish ahead of Geelong heading into this season. You are not looking too good on that one.

I didn’t shift anything.

My stance was that you’d finish 14th. Turns out I’m most likely wrong, and that I’d like for you to finish as high as you can without winning it to get a worse pick.

Again all this is because you pump yourselves up so hard it’s obnoxious.

You guys literally think you can contend forever it’s delusional. No other supporter base does this. We know how the AFL system is designed.

Geelong supporters act like problem gamblers that think they’ve beaten the system because of a good winning streak. It will end eventually and you’ll have egg on your face. I’ll be wondering how you will cope. Probably just with denial like last year.

Facts are facts, we were in a rebuild phase between two premierships (2011 and 2022), you caught us in a rebuild, well done to you for catching us in our rebuild phase.

Rebuilding whilst getting to a GF and like 6 prelims (all choked btw) by trading in old players to top up like Jenkins and Co? Ok sure.

Oh, so you wanna talk about modern era then? *checks the current AFL ladder

*Check whole AFL history 13 to 10

*Checks actual modern era starting from Clarko cluster 3 to 1

2011 is a long time ago now and the game was different.

Modern era keeps changing. Is 1990 or 2000 modern no it is not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t shift anything.

My stance was that you’d finish 14th. Turns out I’m most likely wrong, and that I’d like for you to finish as high as you can without winning it to get a worse pick.

Again all this is because you pump yourselves up so hard it’s obnoxious.

You guys literally think you can contend forever it’s delusional. No other supporter base does this. We know how the AFL system is designed.

Geelong supporters act like problem gamblers that think they’ve beaten the system because of a good winning streak. It will end eventually and you’ll have egg on your face. I’ll be wondering how you will cope. Probably just with denial like last year.

Yeah you did. Even in this post you’ve shifted the goalposts. ‘I’m wrong so I’m going to change what I’d like to happen’ is a paraphrasal of your first few sentences.

We couldn’t give a s**t about worse picks. We are where we are having had ‘worse picks’ for three decades. We don’t pump ourselves up. You s**t on is and we simply point out every flaw in your logic. It’s pretty easy to do when there are so many of them. We don’t have to.

We don’t have to contend forever to have already beaten the system. That we’ve done it for basically three and a half decades is already proof that we’ve managed to get around what the salary cap and the draft are designed to do. We could fall out of the 8 for a decade and it wouldn’t magically change that we spent 35 seasons where we averaged a preliminary final appearance every second year and never went more than 3 years without making the finals and averaged a grand final every 4 years. It wouldn’t magically erase the angst of your posting about it either.

And no, we won’t have egg on our faces like problem gamblers either you imbecile because that’s not how this works. Problem gamblers lose because they give back what they’ve already won.

What the hell are we going to give back? That has to be the worst analogy I’ve ever read.

Rebuilding whilst getting to a GF and like 6 prelims (all choked btw) by trading in old players to top up like Jenkins and Co? Ok sure.
And winning a flag.

Yes our rebuild went quite well, thanks for letting us know.

It’s nice rebuilding and not having to sit there looking for positives in 10 goal defeats or go ‘at least we showed some heart for three quarters.’

Josh Jenkins 😂😂😂

That’s your argument?

*Check whole AFL history 13 to 10

*Checks actual modern era starting from Clarko cluster 3 to 1

2011 is a long time ago now and the game was different.

Modern era keeps changing. Is 1990 or 2000 modern no it is not.

Oh that’s the modern era now 😂😂

Even though there are still probably a few hundred listed players from before that grand final they aren’t considered from the modern era. They’re not contemporary players. They’re from the past.

Yeah you did. Even in this post you’ve shifted the goalposts. ‘I’m wrong so I’m going to change what I’d like to happen’ is a paraphrasal of your first few sentences.

We couldn’t give a s**t about worse picks. We are where we are having had ‘worse picks’ for three decades. We don’t pump ourselves up. You s**t on is and we simply point out every flaw in your logic. It’s pretty easy to do when there are so many of them. We don’t have to.

We don’t have to contend forever to have already beaten the system. That we’ve done it for basically three and a half decades is already proof that we’ve managed to get around what the salary cap and the draft are designed to do. We could fall out of the 8 for a decade and it wouldn’t magically change that we spent 35 seasons where we averaged a preliminary final appearance every second year and never went more than 3 years without making the finals and averaged a grand final every 4 years. It wouldn’t magically erase the angst of your posting about it either.

And no, we won’t have egg on our faces like problem gamblers either you imbecile because that’s not how this works. Problem gamblers lose because they give back what they’ve already won.

What the hell are we going to give back? That has to be the worst analogy I’ve ever read.

Think whatever you want. Runners up is my hope for you guys. That is my stance. It’s going to be delicious.

Yeah it is exactly like problem gamblers thinking a 15 year run out of 100+ year old club means you be competitive forever. It’s idiotic

Oh that’s the modern era now

Even though there are still probably a few hundred listed players from before that grand final they aren’t considered from the modern era. They’re not contemporary players. They’re from the past.

What is the modern era then? Will 2007 be modern in 10 years?

The AFL era (1990) is going on 35 years ago. It’s old

Think whatever you want. Runners up is my hope for you guys. That is my stance. It’s going to be delicious.

Ooooh no, we make a grand final in a season where everyone thought we would miss the 8 again and probably go even further down the ladder than we were last year instead of finishing second last. How ever will we cope with the idea of you sitting in a pile of your own filth with magazine cuttings of the word ‘picks’ stuck all over your forehead and typewritten notes to the AFL demanding a rewriting of the stand rule?

Yeah it is exactly like problem gamblers thinking a 15 year run out of 100+ year old club means you be competitive forever. It’s idiotic

No, problem gamblers give back what they win.

You can’t give back in football what you have already won.

It’s the dumbest analogy possible.

Ooooh no, we make a grand final in a season where everyone thought we would miss the 8 again and probably go even further down the ladder than we were last year instead of finishing second last. How ever will we cope with the idea of you sitting in a pile of your own filth with magazine cuttings of the word ‘picks’ stuck all over your forehead and typewritten notes to the AFL demanding a rewriting of the stand rule?

Mate I know you’ll cope with anything. You aren’t a real footy fan, finals mean nothing to you. You’ve said this several times. It’s quite SAD.

Back