Preview Geelong VS Richmond - Friday 8th September, 7:50 PM, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I was referring to a few weeks ago that Geelong couldn't give a ship where they play us. Our record at the G is no better than at skilled. We have a monumental task in front of us no matter what.
Yep. In fact, the last place we beat them was at Kardinia Park. I don't see a reason why anyone of us would think that this is an easy win given that all of our H&A games against Geelong since every single one of our players have arrived at the club has been tough for us, whether MCG or Simonds Stadium.

Still think we can win though. Hardwick and co. have been surprisingly good at learning from losses against the opposition this year when we have a return game against them.

Caddy has played in Round 21 at the very least. The other two were out for at least 7-8 weeks. I think Conca was out for longer than that.
He was. The only in that I can see will be Caddy. I only caught the last 5 minutes of the VFL game, but seemingly Griffiths is miles away. How did Hampson look? I can't imagine him being any more likely. I suppose Miles must be considered.

He was. The only in that I can see will be Caddy. I only caught the last 5 minutes of the VFL game, but seemingly Griffiths is miles away. How did Hampson look? I can't imagine him being any more likely. I suppose Miles must be considered.
I'll be honest, I didn't mind the look of Hampson. He was the only tall that stood out to me in the final last week. But, I still wouldn't call him up because of how limited his time in the seniors was in the last two years.

If it is wet, bring in Caddy and Miles and lose Graham and Castagna.

If it's wet, losing a pressure forward would be detrimental in my opinion. We can't change the structure and I don't understand the thinking behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been saying for the past five years we are ready to beat them, yet they keep on bending us over . Last time they had no Hawkins Dunnycan and Hellwood and still beat us.
This time I'm using reverse psychology and tipping them to win in order that I'm wrong. May even make it a certainly by dropping $200 on the cats to win. That should do the trick.
I've already put some cash on the cats. It's been costing me all year this superstition that I've developed!
Only time I got money back was the last cats game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt take what he said as criticism as he genuinely was trying to fire up our biggest asset...our supporters
Embrace the conditions I say. Sat out in the wet against Freo at Subi last year and stayed dry and toasty with a poncho and warm jacket while the rain smashed down on me. Absolutely loved it and looking forward to the same on Friday!

Can't leave anything on the table Friday,media want us to lose by there desperate campaign to overpump our tyres,the same formula they used for our last finals campaigns,Geelong have a shield over them.

Can't leave anything on the table Friday,media want us to lose by there desperate campaign to overpump our tyres,the same formula they used for our last finals campaigns,Geelong have a shield over them.

I would like to personally invite you into a newsroom to show you how things operate.
Please take up the offer.
I know that it will shatter your myth of guys and gals off in side rooms, plotting and scheming against the Tigers, and everyone from the front office staff to the janitor, who pops in after midnight, delighting in sticking pins into their company issued voodoo dolls, while inventing new ways to shield the likes of Geelong and Sydney from exposure.
No Smash and Bash, it doesn't happen.
We're an odd lot us Richmond supporters - we bemoan, allegedly (to coin a journalistic term) that the media maintain we haven't beaten anyone, yet when they report that we beat GWS, West Coast, they are somehow pumping up our tyres.
And of course the grandaddy of them all ..... the media are ALL against us because Matty Lloyd, or Wayne Carey are against us.
I never knew one journalist/former footballer/ etc was representative of the all encompassing and entire media???
Yep, loyal and well-intentioned Richmond supporting journalists like Jon Ralph, Caroline Wilson, Mick Warner and several others are all barracking for us to lose.

Mmmm can't blame em. We sell papers. We get views. We get likes and clicks.
Can you imagine if we actually win a final???
Whole leaf uck. Mass hysteria.

Here's some Matty Lloyd wisdom when talking about the Tigers:

"I'm still of the thought process that you need to win a final before you can go all the way and win a flag"

No s**t :drunk:

Myabe so, but check out the ignorant and ill-informed comments of many who post in here and you'll find similar twisted and bewildering logic.

Like most footy observers, I like to think I can tell fairly early in a game when my team is "on" and when they are not. It doesn't always come in the first quarter, in fact in quite a few games this year we've had a much better second-half than first-half.

I'll know we're "on" against Geelong if
  • Vlaustin is taking chest marks, running back with the flight of the footy;
  • Cotchin is tackling hard, getting clearances and giving away the odd free kick;
  • Rance comes from nowhere and delivers one of those two fisted, diving, "superman" spoils;
  • Jack is hitting up hard at the footy and taking marks in the centre corridor;
  • Rioli is terrorising defenders with his front-on pressure - not just corralling, but hunting them;
  • Castagna is taking diving chest marks 50cm off the ground, inside the forward 50;
  • Edwards is dishing out aggressive, line-breaking hand-passes to KMac, Bellis and Butler;
  • Hunt and Morris are sitting in the stands, watching the game intently; and
  • Nank the Tank is shrugging tackles, getting clearances and hurting little guys in tackles.
Go Tigers!

Dave P.

I would like to personally invite you into a newsroom to show you how things operate.
I know that it will shatter your myth of guys and gals off in side rooms, plotting and scheming against the Tigers, and everyone from the front office staff to the janitor, who pops in after midnight, delighting in sticking pins into their company issued voodoo dolls, while inventing new ways to shield the likes of Geelong and Sydney from exposure.
We're an odd lot us Richmond supporters - we bemoan, allegedly (to coin a journalistic term) that the media maintain we haven't beaten anyone, yet when they report that we beat GWS, West Coast, they are somehow pumping up our tyres.
And of course the grandaddy of them all ..... the media are ALL against us because Matty Lloyd, or Wayne Carey are against us.
I never knew one journalist/former footballer/ etc was representative of the all encompassing and entire media???
Yep, loyal and well-intentioned Richmond supporting journalists like Jon Ralph, Caroline Wilson, Mick Warner and several others are all barracking for us to lose.
If we win the headline story will be Richmond winning. If Geelong win the headline story will be Richmond losing.

I wish they start pumping the Cats tyres,don't mind Matty Lloyd in the media actually.

Here's some Matty Lloyd wisdom when talking about the Tigers:

"I'm still of the thought process that you need to win a final before you can go all the way and win a flag"

No s**t :drunk:
As profound as ever. The scary thing is, he's not the worst.

Actually, he's nowhere near the worst (don't mind him really).

Kiwi. You forgot the most important Nugent. Ted Nugent.

5c0e491f-f0cc-450e-ab75-9cc772e9bd84_screenshot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back