Preview Geelong vs St Kilda, Mon Aug 10 @ GABBA, 6.10 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team changes

Kolodjashnij will play his 100th game, having lined-up in at least 18 matches in each of his past four seasons and becoming a permanent fixture in the Cats stingy defence.

Sam Simpson, Lachie Fogarty and Zach Guthrie have all been managed as the club takes its opportunity to rest some of its younger players.

Eng: Simpson, Fogarty, Z. Guthrie & Ratugolea

Very weird, how they say rotations, and resting them, but there all named as emergencies:think:

Changes for both teams

St Kilda v Geelong, Gabba, 6.10pm AEST

ST KILDA
In: J.Geary, J.Bytel
Out: Z.Jones (rested), E.Phillips (omitted)
New: Jack Bytel

Team changes

Kolodjashnij will play his 100th game, having lined-up in at least 18 matches in each of his past four seasons and becoming a permanent fixture in the Cats stingy defence.

Sam Simpson, Lachie Fogarty and Zach Guthrie have all been managed as the club takes its opportunity to rest some of its younger players.

Emg: Simpson, Fogarty, Z. Guthrie & Ratugolea

Actually annoyed Fog is out, plays his first really good game as a mid then needs to be “managed”
How can a player needs to be managed after one game? Also very interesting that Sav still didn’t get picked

Very weird, how they say rotations, and resting them, but there all named as emergencies:think:
Those who missed against North were all genuinely given a break, and not named as emergencies

Not surprised that Zuthrie is an emergency - more surprised he misses to be honest as I thought he'd stay in to help with player rotation across this period). If he totally missed it would be questionable on his fitness if he was only able to come in for 1 match and then needed to totally sit out & rest

I would have thought that maybe Simpson would have a total break but maybe he's ok to go if required

Actually annoyed Fog is out, plays his first really good game as a mid then needs to be “managed”
How can a player needs to be managed after one game? Also very interesting that Sav still didn’t get picked
Maybe with Fog it's more about management across this period, like might have been pre-planned situation - played 3 consecutive games which betters his 2 games last year. Manage him this match and have him right to go against Port

Those who missed against North were all genuinely given a break, and not named as emergencies

Not surprised that Zuthrie is an emergency - more surprised he misses to be honest as I thought he'd stay in to help with player rotation across this period). If he totally missed it would be questionable on his fitness if he was only able to come in for 1 match and then needed to totally sit out & rest

I would have thought that maybe Simpson would have a total break but maybe he's ok to go if required

I think it might be the work of the Zuthrie sceptics. Deny deny deny.

Can’t believe fog was managed. He’s just come back and he had his best game for the club last week.

He has been injured for 18 months and played 3 games in 9 days, stretching that to 4 games in 13 would be a little reckless. Hopefully they've guaranteed his position for the following game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do find it very interesting that Sav's having another game out. Feel like we're way too tall in the backline honestly, which means that we'll probs play Blics on the wing on Hill, to nullify him.

Fog out is annoying, but hopefully he's back in against Port, given Guth, Menegola and Close will all need a rest too.

It's an odd side to take in against such a quick Saints team, and I am a bit concerned that we didn't drop one of Hendo or Taylor, since we're bringing Kolo back in. Could see their speed really exposing us down there if we're not careful.

Our midfield is much stronger than theirs, but it will be interesting to see how we fare against their ball movement around the ground, once they get their hands on it.

Biggest game of the year IMO, as this one is winnable. If we drop one against Port, that won't be so bad if we win this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back