Resource Geelong YouTube highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he simply wasn't as strong as you would expect in body-on-body contests and got consistently out-muscled because of his unusual body shape. His body went in a straight line from shoulder to ankle with no interruption for hips. No hips = no added stability = no strength.
And yet he was far stronger than any of the second string forwards we currently have on our list. If he we had him now I would be going to the TAB to put lots of money on us for the flag. Very underated player.

And yet he was far stronger than any of the second string forwards we currently have on our list. If he we had him now I would be going to the TAB to put lots of money on us for the flag. Very underated player.

Definitely under-rated.
He was more what I'd call an "over-expected" player, someone from whom lots of barrackers wanted more than he was able to give, partly because he looked so big and imposing but then disappointed us so often in shoulder to shoulder contests.
Very difficult to compare relative physical strengths of players who've started more than 20 years apart; on what we've seen you'd have to say he's stronger shoulder to shoulder than Brown, but that we simply haven't seen enough of Vardy (as a forward), Walker (ditto) or Kersten to know. I haven't, anyway.

Awesome work man! You forget A) How good he is and B) Just how many games he has won off of his own boot or had a hand in at key moments, 09, and 11 GFs and at least a dozen home and away games. True match winner.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Yep he's a star, you can see that he is a big game player, that's for sure!

Superb work again, Matt!
I loved how you finished off with THAT goal he kicked against the Hawks that won the game.
The highlights reel made me really sad, though, for his lost year that was - 2013 :(
As boobsie said above- he's a matchwinner, our Tom.

Thanks man! I'm sure he will have a big final series THIS year for the mighty cats!

Here we go guys, yet another video! Sorry I've been posting heaps of videos lately, but please enjoy! Hawks v Cats Rivalry Trailer for next Round. Thanks!

sad to watch but just look how natural the game flowed for the kid. We were watching a 10 gamer (finished on 32 games) who was already out-marking quality defenders, side stepping midfielders and basically playing for the fun of it. It was easy to him. Had he had the same mentality as his brother and stayed on, I wonder how strong and how good he could have become?

He had all the athletic attributes of Lance Franklin and was almost the same size as him too.

sad to watch but just look how natural the game flowed for the kid. We were watching a 10 gamer (finished on 32 games) who was already out-marking quality defenders, side stepping midfielders and basically playing for the fun of it. It was easy to him. Had he had the same mentality as his brother and stayed on, I wonder how strong and how good he could have become?

He had all the athletic attributes of Lance Franklin and was almost the same size as him too.

Thanks, Bobby_ . On a day like this for a follower of the hoops, that was sorely needed.

I was an unashamed Nate fan and reliving a snapshot of his pure footballing ability just confirms my bias.

Could take a contested mark, kick with precision off either foot and step into space with a nonchalance that few can match.

Still really disappointed that it all ended so soon but I take solace from the fact that we got to see him show some of his exceptional ability at the top level.

And the one-hander in the GF still has me in awe. Shades of Dad right there.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth did he have to leave us?! He would be so good now with Hawkins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back