No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
before u start giggling too much they are sitting on pick 3, have 2 academy players including Campbell who's a top 10 pick + have a tonne of injuries atm which skews there performance this year ...they re building
Understand that. But their top end is putrid.
Bud. Gone.
Kennedy, body failing him now.
Parker, body been bashed for years and doesn't have the support.
Heeney injured.

Their youth looks good, but short term pain awaits.

View attachment 943391
Doesn't duck his head here, what happens to him on the field?
Dont generally Enjoy Selwood as a footballer but he's right for calling out Leah there, Ratagoulia is anything but lazy, Hopeless maybe, dude works his ass off on the field and isnt "Scared" he's happy to get crunched.

Is it? I feel thats under 13's local footy thinking, all that should matter his the respect said player commands inside the club.
Theiasofseed: you did not see the context of my conversation. It was about the greatest teams of the last 100 years and what they had in common... the Hawks 3 peat did not make the grade in the chat.

The article that I quoted looked at the greatest teams in history... and what made them great.

Clearly talent was needed ... But talented team often fail... = see the Giants... a great team on paper.

the conclusion of the article was that their needed a talented person who was willing to sacrifice his ability to score, so that others could shine.

If you say this is under 13 stuff. Hell yes it is and it is still right.
If over 13 stuff is play for yourself, play local footy and be the best... I just hope that you don‘t play for Hawthorn

Last edited:
Dont generally Enjoy Selwood as a footballer but he's right for calling out Leah there, Ratagoulia is anything but lazy, Hopeless maybe, dude works his ass off on the field and isnt "Scared" he's happy to get crunched.
She wants Jenkins....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone read the article on Robert Muir?

That showed a man raw and the effect of racism.
I felt ill reading it tbh.

I grew up watching replays of him hitting guys and just thought he was a loose cannon who couldn't control his anger.
Thought it was funny .
Yep I was a kid at the time but that article was a timely reminder for me.

Hope he gets the help and support he needs and deserves .

I felt ill reading it tbh.

I grew up watching replays of him hitting guys and just thought he was a loose cannon who couldn't control his anger.
Thought it was funny .
Yep I was a kid at the time but that article was a timely reminder for me.

Hope he gets the help and support he needs and deserves .
I remember around Feb 1984 a friend of my Mum's mentioning that this guy called Robert Muir was making a comeback. She just slated him saying he was a dirty mongrel and complete animal. I was not even 10, so when he went mental a few months later at Princes Park I was transfixed - thought it was unreal he exploded (I could identify with it), but more seriously (looking back now) my opinion of him was completely generated by my Mum's friend's comments.

Until the article, I always saw Muir as a loose cannon, but never equated it to the fact his behaviour was a result of years of abuse - domestic, racial, and social.

It's not a St Kilda problem, it's societal.

Muir was a loose cannon - he can’t back away from that. Had terrible anger management issues but the difference is we now know why and he certainly wouldn’t be getting pissed on in showers and spat on if he was playing now, so maybe we would have a different outcome

Bud. Gone.
Heeney injured.

Parker will still do Ok for them, unless it is a final. As they won't be making them in the short term, he's worth keeping.

Muir was a loose cannon - he can’t back away from that. Had terrible anger management issues but the difference is we now know why and he certainly wouldn’t be getting pissed on in showers and spat on if he was playing now, so maybe we would have a different outcome
There is always some fool who thinks it is funny to piss on people in the showers. There could also be bullies who want to intimidate. I am glad the bar has been raised in so many ways.

Bud. Gone.
Heeney injured.

A lot of teams have good youth and kids.
Their youth is more a reminder of how much of an advantage an academy is.

Then add Blakey in who really should have been FS to the roos and the system has worked well for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back