General AFL Discussion #7 - Carlton Supporters ONLY !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how the most viewed AFL video on youtube is one with us thumping Essendon :p.

Carlisle will make for a good player I'm sure, but that was not the night he'll care to remember.
Was outmarked by Krezuer twice in two minutes that had him looking around as to what had happened and then, Walker.

[youtube]pht_GDEZKMM&start=95[/youtube]

Carlisle will make for a good player I'm sure, but that was not the night he'll care to remember.
Was outmarked by Krezuer twice in two minutes that had him looking around as to what had happened and then, Walker.

[youtube]pht_GDEZKMM&start=95[/youtube]

The first one he was looking around at the umps hoping for a free kick. The second one was a definite WTF moment for him.

God I am really looking forward to this season when we really start to stamp ourselves on the competition again.

Fox Footy is launching tomorrow night. Here's a list of the programs those of us who have Foxtel will be viewing:

AFTER THE BOUNCE
Sundays, 7.30pm
Premieres Sunday, February 19
A review program hosted by Jason Dunstall and featuring Danny Frawley and Damien Fleming every Sunday night.

EMT - EDDIE McGUIRE TONIGHT
Sundays, 8.30pm
Premieres March 11
This is where the biggest names in football, sport and sports entertainment go head-to-head with Eddie. EMT gives the headline-makers the chance to have their say on the big issues.

OPEN MIKE
Wednesdays, 8.30pm
Premieres March 21
Former Herald Sun chief football writer Mike Sheahan hosts this interview series featuring some of the greats of the game.

LEAGUE TEAMS
Thursdays 8.30pm
Premieres Thursday, February 23
A look at who's in, who's out - and why - as footy fans look for the team news, and subsequent reaction, to selections for the upcoming round. Hosted by Dermott Brereton and a rotating panel of experts.

AFL 360
Monday-Thursday, 7.30pm
Premieres Monday, February 20
Will look at every angle of the week's biggest issues in AFL and scrutinizes and dissect them. Football's odd couple, Gerard Whateley and Mark Robinson, argue and laugh their way through the day in footy as seen through the eyes of the media.

ON THE COUCH
Mondays, 8.30pm
Premieres Monday, February 20
A weekly look at the news, views, drama and intrigue surrounding the AFL through the eyes of some of the most respected AFL analysts and former players including Gerard Healy, Mike Sheahan, Paul Roos and guests.

AFL INSIDER
Tuesdays, 8.30pm
Premieres Tuesday, February 21
Hosted by Jason Dunstall and Alastair Lynch, AFL Insider exposes the inner workings of elite AFL clubs and provides insights into the innovations that clubs are introducing to give themselves the competitive edge.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/revealed-fox-footy-list-of-shows-for-2012-afl-season-including-old-favourites-and-bold-new-ideas/story-e6frf3e3-1226272495823

Footy on 24/7 is going to be unbelievable, but I reckon they will need to expand the show selection if they are to sustain the channel long-term.

Eddie McGuire Tonight? Sorry, but that's absolutely cringe-worthy. :eek:

I hope they rotate the hosts of AFL 360 because it's going to be a struggle watching Mark Robinson for 4 nights per week.

After the Bounce tries hard but ultimately isn't that funny.

Other than that the shows are great. Can't wait :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spent a few minutes on the ground in pain and then managed to hobble off.
From someone whose done their ACL, I just can't fathom how anyone could bear weight onto it, thereafter.
Wish the guy well.

Absolutley Harks.

LeCras knee scare

WEST Coast sharpshooter Mark LeCras has suffered an injury scare at training on Thursday morning and will require scans to determine the extent of a possible knee injury.

LeCras appeared to tweak his right knee in an innocuous incident 10 minutes into the session at Patersons Stadium and will have scans on Thursday afternoon.

LeCras knee scare

ACL's often happen in "innocuous" incidents. Such as when a player is decelerating.

In terms of AFL - the ACL is the one injury I wish the doctors could figure out and prevent and fix properly.

Here's hoping for Le Cras it is just a strain or a bruise.

So aside from Harker, does anyone else think the Lions have what it takes to beat us in round 2?

May I answer that question?

Things rarely go to plan through the first few rounds and we may still have a few players not quite at their best.
Realistically, playing Richmond at the MCG should not pose a problem but we could well have the letdown the following week away, before we pull ourselves together and give Collingwood a run for their money.

Of course I hope we end up 4 - 0, but if there was to be a turn-up I just think it may be away early in the season and if you don't like it, you can .............:)

May I answer that question?

Things rarely go to plan through the first few rounds and we may still have a few players not quite at their best.
Realistically, playing Richmond at the MCG should not pose a problem but we could well have the letdown the following week away, before we pull ourselves together and give Collingwood a run for their money.

Of course I hope we end up 4 - 0, but if there was to be a turn-up I just think it may be away early in the season and if you don't like it, you can .............:)

I forgot to add a cheeky emoticon face there.

I know what you meant. sorry mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back