Analysis 2018 General Offseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rules say 22 players, doesn't say those players cannot be horses. So I believe so long as we play with 1 player down there's no reason we cannot replace it with a Horse (assuming said Horse has also been drafted properly [with the strength, speed and height of a Horse would it be a first rounder or a project type like Mason Cox?]).

Problem there. Horses tend to bite. Now a real horse, not coach Horse, would bite the ball rendering it useless. The other thing is opposition players who were brought up with horses, see anyone from Cobden, Geelong district, would jump on it's back and ride it to the goal and kick a goal. Now any hominidae. ape, would be another matter. imagine a Gorilla with his/her long arms, wow.

He's a great bloke and knew him before and when he was on our coaching panel.

I thought that was the case Bedford. He always seems like a great bloke. That is why I was confused by that post. I think that post should be removed because it is defamatory.

Problem there. Horses tend to bite. Now a real horse, not coach Horse, would bite the ball rendering it useless. The other thing is opposition players who were brought up with horses, see anyone from Cobden, Geelong district, would jump on it's back and ride it to the goal and kick a goal. Now any hominidae. ape, would be another matter. imagine a Gorilla with his/her long arms, wow.

I thought that was the case Bedford. He always seems like a great bloke. That is why I was confused by that post. I think that post should be removed because it is defamatory.
What else do you expect on here , then you get a stupid rant from bunghole.

It's not defamatory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enough is enough from people like bungee , people are allowed to not like the game plan , not like the way Horse coaches , they are allowed on BF to express their views , whether we agree ,or not.
I love my club as I have for decades whether it be in Melbourne or Sydney , pay my membership and am allowed my views , here or on other places like the Book. If you don't like it don't read it , or put the person on ignore . It's simple . Sorry for the rant , but sick of his sooking.

Enough is enough from people like bungee , people are allowed to not like the game plan , not like the way Horse coaches , they are allowed on BF to express their views , whether we agree ,or not.
I love my club as I have for decades whether it be in Melbourne or Sydney , pay my membership and am allowed my views , here or on other places like the Book. If you don't like it don't read it , or put the person on ignore . It's simple . Sorry for the rant , but sick of his sooking.
I totally agree with all you are saying here Beders, but it also runs both ways - we "Glass half full" types cop quite a bit of unwarranted abuse also.
The thing is we should all be allowed to support our team however we want and not be criticised for whatever our thoughts are about Longmire, game plan etc and just accept that we all look at things differently. I know I'm as guilty of criticising other posters as most everyone on here is.

The ignore function is the saviour of this site!

Thug. A drunken one off the field as well.
Isn't it? It can be taken so many ways 'Maclure was the most detested Blue'. Detested by whom? Other players? Supporters? Oppositions supporters? Umpires? You don't specify why he was hated either. I thought he was a highly admired footballer and commentator. He seems like a great bloke. You just generalised a hatred of Maclure that would make it a statement of general hatred. In other words it could be assumed he was hated by everyone.

Sweeping statements about people are dangerous. If you are going to make statements about a person please provide evidence.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thug. A drunken one off the field as well.
Please spare me. Every player that played in his era was a thug on today's standards. I watched a lot of footy in the old days on The Winners and later 7. It was a different era. He was never in the same league as Dermie, Bruns, Yates, Vander Har, Rod Grinter, Nichols, Jackson, Muir (although nobody was in Muir's league)

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Altercation in a bar circa 1980 where an inebriated physically aggressive McClure carried on like a prima donna when he had to wait behind others to be served. When people, inc me told him to wait his turn, he abused the barmaid and asked the smallest bloke waiting to be served whether he would like to go outside.

I was at the pub with my cricket club after a match and can produce about 10 witnesses.

Sure everyone has bad days and no-one's behaviour (esp mine) is impeccable. Maybe McClure had a rare off day when alcohol and hubris got the better of him. If so good.
As a player he was an above average kpf with the advantage of delivery from a fleet of skilled smalls.

Altercation in a bar circa 1980 where an inebriated physically aggressive McClure carried on like a prima donna when he had to wait behind others to be served. When people, inc me told him to wait his turn, he abused the barmaid and asked the smallest bloke waiting to be served whether he would like to go outside.

I was at the pub with my cricket club after a match and can produce about 10 witnesses.

Sure everyone has bad days and no-one's behaviour (esp mine) is impeccable. Maybe McClure had a rare off day when alcohol and hubris got the better of him. If so good.
As a player he was an above average kpf with the advantage of delivery from a fleet of skilled smalls.
Seen him on the piss every Sunday night in those days and he wasn't a problem . Are you perfect or something , never got pissed with your cricket mates , never had a crack at anyone when pissed. Give it a break for christs sake.

Seen him on the piss every Sunday night in those days and he wasn't a problem . Are you perfect or something , never got pissed with your cricket mates , never had a crack at anyone when pissed. Give it a break for christs sake.
Well that pretty much explains what went on here on Cup Day IMO Bedders as I mentioned to you.
So much aggression. I don't drink so my efforts that day came about just by being a pure a hole.

As for McClure, he respects our club & how we go about it & calls a spade a spade which is what I like. He absolutely hammers his old club when they deserve it, which is all the time.

Thank goodness for these rule changes
INTENTIONAL high-impact strikes to the head will no longer be referred directly to the Tribunal but instead attract an automatic three-match suspension under a suite of changes to the MRO system approved by the AFL Commission.
system approved by the AFL Commission.
From 2019, intentional conduct involving high contact will only be referred directly to the Tribunal when the impact is graded by the MRO as severe, as Andrew Gaff's strike on Andrew Brayshaw was following the round 20 West Coast-Fremantle clash.

the inappropriate use of studs will attract fines and suspensions when there is an associated impact to an opposition player.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-11/mro-shakeup-crackdown-on-high-hits-umpire-contact
cec07eaf40dbeada9d89e4dbb2af02f5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back