List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 trade discussions! (Gibbs swapped for Wigg or 2nd)

Do you think Gibbs will be an Adelaide player by the end of this trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox Footy's article suggest.
Gibbs to Adelaide
Lever to Melbourne
Picks 10 & 27 to Carlton
Yeah. Ok.

I'm not too worried about all this crap, our club last year showed they weren't going to be bullied into paying too much for Gibbs, I don't see that changing this year. The Vic media see us as desperate for Gibbs, we're not, Gibbs is the one who's desperate to get home, we're just happy to facilitate this at the right price.

Regarding the above, what I could see happening is our current 1st and second to Carlton for Gibbs, with an exchange of 3rd rounders or something along those lines. I could then see us trading Lever for Melbournes 10, 27 and Jack Watts. Not sure if I want Watts, but I suspect Otten may explore FA and with Lever off, we might like to bring in a versatile tall as depth/potential Lever replacement.

Regarding Lever though, if he has a big game or 2 in the next 1-2 weeks, watch his value sore as all Victorian eyes are on him. At the moment, most Victorian media personalities/supporters are still working out who he is, where he plays on the ground and actually how good he is.

If we win Friday, his price drops
I think his price dropped a lot after our match against GWS. No Sloane and we slaughtered their pretty top end talent midfield.

Brad, Matt and Hugh will all be better next year due to age/matches played/fitness.

Sloane will be Sloane.

Unless we see Gibbs as a Smith replacement, I really don't think we need him. And we sure as s**t don't need him at the price they want.

If we win Friday though, it will be abundantly clear he is just some added sprinkling on top of the icing on top of a bloody delicious cake.

I think his price dropped a lot after our match against GWS. No Sloane and we slaughtered their pretty top end talent midfield.

Brad, Matt and Hugh will all be better next year due to age/matches played/fitness.

Sloane will be Sloane.

Unless we see Gibbs as a Smith replacement, I really don't think we need him. And we sure as s**t don't need him at the price they want.

If we win Friday though, it will be abundantly clear he is just some added sprinkling on top of the icing on top of a bloody delicious cake.

Gibbs would be a nice addition, he's by no means a necessity though.

The only result that will enable some posters to accept that we did the correct thing when we refused to cave to Carlton is for us to win the flag.

If we had failed to make the Eight then "Gibbs would have made a big difference".

Now that we have finished minor premiers and made the Prelim, if we don't go all the way then "Not trading for Gibbs has cost us a Premiership".

The reality is that if we had given Carlton two first round picks and all else remained the same then we would not have seen THE MIGHTY THOR this year.
When TMT weaves his September magic we will be very thankful that we didn't cave.

Serious question: Have you ever watched weitering?

Yes. He went off track this season. Still like him which is why I would love a straight swap for Lever. But Lever was well deserving of being in the AA mix this year. Weitering nowhere near. My feeling is that over the next decade Lever will be better than Weitering. But right now he clearly is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. He went off track this season. Still like him which is why I would love a straight swap for Lever. But Lever was well deserving of being in the AA mix this year. Weitering nowhere near. My feeling is that over the next decade Lever will be better than Weitering. But right now he clearly is.

They butchered his year by playing him out of position too much

Gibbs would be a nice addition, he's by no means a necessity though.
Exactly, and that's why I would be shocked if we overpaid for him. Our current first round pick (15, 16, or 17) would be the maximum pick I would give (and maybe a 3rd round pick, 50-53, to go with it).

Exactly, and that's why I would be shocked if we overpaid for him. Our current first round pick (15, 16, or 17) would be the maximum pick I would give (and maybe a 3rd round pick, 50-53, to go with it).
I think it will end up being our 1st and 2nd round picks for their 3rd. In reality, this means our first and only a few picks downgrade for our next pick.

The crowcast reported a couple of weeks ago that we are in to Cunnington from Norf. This seems curious as we already have a very blue collar midfield and I'm unsure if he is the final piece of the jigsaw. Could this possibly be a smokescreen for Gibbs or potentially a genuine alternative? Personally I think we would he better off targeting a midfielder with more polish than Cunnington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back