Opinion Gil and Steve are wankas - opposition supporters welcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

And I reckon that's a load of crap. My U11 best and fairest award that I won wasn't cheapened because everyone else in the team got participation awards.
People got rewarded for their participation on merit. They turned up and they got rewarded. I played the best and got that award on its merits.

Nobody gets through their childhood and certainly not their teenage years without suffering at some point. That's life. We all deal with it.

Ps you do get rewarded in the big bad world for coming second, third and even last. I get paid every fortnight for my work despite being second best in the office at my job.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with rewarding kids participation. It's a silly argument and bizarre to blame current youth problems on it.

You find more participation ribbons in the bin after sports day than you do blue, red and even green ribbons. Go figure!

Gil kept saying in the interview, "we want fans to feel safe".

Other than Anne from Geelong, has anyone ever heard of anyone being scared or intimidated at the footy? I'm being serious here. I am picturing the biggest feral abusive drunk yelling out and abusing everyone that moves and am still struggling to think how someone would be intimidated by it. I've never seen or heard of a coward punch happening at the footy, you're surely more likely to get attacked on the outside. Walk past a sudanese gang or past a violent thug barrister's son.
Today on SEN plenty of cats supporters called in to wankley, saying they felt unsafe because the Richmond supporters were the 8nstigators of all the booing
Wankley laid into the tigers for breeding thebooing culture threw us 8n with the racial booing of Goodes

I’m over our club laying down and taking it from these campaigners

Whateley s hate of the RFC and it’s supporters is open for all t9 see now

Today on SEN plenty of cats supporters called in to wankley, saying they felt unsafe because the Richmond supporters were the 8nstigators of all the booing
Wankley laid into the tigers for breeding thebooing culture threw us 8n with the racial booing of Goodes

Gerald Wheatley is 100% Soy boy

Love it!

September 8 2017 still hurts them bad. 91-40.

Every time a geesook fan has a sook, remind them we are 8-2 in head to head finals games and lead 11-9 flags, they can have their little home and away wins but we monster them where it counts.

September 8 2017 still hurts them bad. 91-40.

Every time a geesook fan has a sook, remind them we are 8-2 in head to head finals games and lead 11-9 flags, they can have their little home and away wins but we monster them where it counts.
I called in but I need to use a new phone number as they know what I’m going to say to him, hypocrite

Yeah...my departed dad use to walk me, 3yo, up Wales street West Footscray to the Rising Sun Hotel saturday arvo...we would cross the road to TW Oval...
He would take me thro' the choking slow turnstyles and lead me up to the scoreboard end halfway down to the fence...
(how he ended up having an interest in VFL footy then is a mystery to me...he was WW2 refugee...a Balt, the only dark eyed/haired Balt ever!)
I would be immediately bored...and spend my time with a horde of other screaming kids playing behind the scoreboard...sliding down the grassy slopes on cardboard boxes, OH&S would freak these days!..eventually i would get hungry and look for the old man!
I'm hungry dad can i have a pie Daddddddd!!!...Saturday...it seemed a day of screams!
He would eventually give me a silver shilling i would buy a hot 4&20 pie from the boys with strapped white boxes around their necks and stand eating it beside him...In the time i took to eat my pie i saw another way of life in melbourne...
A male domain of shifting grey that would erupt in a roaring wave of anger or more preferably delight that would shift and shudder around me alarmingly like a disturbed sea to this lil tacker clinging to the old man. Anger or delight, the inevitable roll of grey smoke would rise and flow over me...contorted white faces screaming, yelling english words i had never heard of before, straight arms with pointy fingers would always be directed towards this shifting white pattern on green that fired out words of anger, dad would ignore me and look intently towards the flashes of bright colour jumping on green...and occasionally red balls landed near me with a thump over out stretched arms and screams of 'hatch it'!!!...if i did manage to touch the red ball it would be grabbed from me and hurled back over heads and upturned faces!...and dad would be happy! I would lose interest and would go back to where i had come from...
If 'foot des cray' had won my dad would take me to the rising sun hotel and would spend hours drinking frosted glasses of brown with more of those grey men...if i bothered him because i was bored i would be given 2 shillings to amuse myself...i soon learnt to bother him a lot and had bulging pockets...
Eventually whether it was because i was nearly crying from boredom or dad was unable to stand properly we would decide to go home by taxi...
The inevitable problem would arise that the old man had no money and needed me to pay for the taxi ride home, i would be caught between being furious at losing my hard earned silver and wanting to go home to mum! Slowly the old man would count out my silver...1 pound 4 shillings..and i would be so frustrated with anger! A taxi would arrive and we would drive home, it never made sense to me only the 2 bob in my pocket did!
Great read!
Ah the pie boy...I carried that thing too for a few seasons and that was another learning experience. If people spoke to anyone let alone kids the way they did us pie boys now....
But it just didn’t bother nor offend, just a different time I suppose.

I'd be really surprised if we, Richmond Supporters, were any worse than anyone else. Sure we have our share, but all Clubs do. It's a dumb arguement to even go there with. How can anyone possibly validate it - IT'S AN OPINION! It's theatre!

Great read!
Ah the pie boy...I carried that thing too for a few seasons and that was another learning experience. If people spoke to anyone let alone kids the way they did us pie boys now....
But it just didn’t bother nor offend, just a different time I suppose.

How many times do you think you got called 'Dickhead'? I sold the afternoon Herald, Sporting Globe and the Struth at the Blackburn Hotel. Did I learn fast how fast people can be with their insults. But with familiarity I also leant how and when to give some back AND get a tip for it. Some of the harshest initially were some of my best protectors eventually. You earn trust!

Being a Dickhead pie boy is King!

I reckon the contemporary insulation of people has lead to the rise in mental illness.

They have no psychological immunity, and collapse under very little pressure as a result.
100%.
Some of the situations I got into as a young buck wouldv'e sent my olds to an early grave.
Street smarts got me out of ALOT of s**t...kids these days don't seem to be afforded the same 'opportuntities'.

It's insane how many in the media and the afl actually hate our guts, wankley, lloyd, lyon, roos, gil, shocking, list goes on.

With the exception of Lloyd, why would all those people of that age hate Richmond? The same reason I hate Collingwood and Carlton I suspect. Not a problem - we have Richo out there doing it for us and let's not forget Carro:richmond:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be really surprised if we, Richmond Supporters, were any worse than anyone else. Sure we have our share, but all Clubs do. It's a dumb arguement to even go there with. How can anyone possibly validate it - IT'S AN OPINION! It's theatre!

I don’t boo but I did remember Goodes getting it from us for two games where he blatantly staged for free kicks, slid in with his feet and laying a squirrel grip on Taylor Hunt. That’s where it started for us it had nothing to do with his race but him acting like a complete flog on the field.

How many times do you think you got called 'Dickhead'? I sold the afternoon Herald, Sporting Globe and the Struth at the Blackburn Hotel. Did I learn fast how fast people can be with their insults. But with familiarity I also leant how and when to give some back AND get a tip for it. Some of the harshest initially were some of my best protectors eventually. You earn trust!

Being a Dickhead pie boy is King!
100%.
Life’s no different still I work at a fire station and whilst it’s old school rookies still get tested out the same within reason. The reaction tells you everything and the ones who brush it off and put s**t back are flying.

It's insane how many in the media and the afl actually hate our guts, wankley, lloyd, lyon, roos, gil, shocking, list goes on.

It’s not really.
Richmond were always hated and when they just turn around win a flag, get 100,000 members and a vocal arrogant support it’s no surprise.
What else was going to happen after 30 years of copping s**t? Was a no brainer.

I don’t boo but I did remember Goodes getting it from us for two games where he blatantly staged for free kicks, slid in with his feet and laying a squirrel grip on Taylor Hunt. That’s where it started for us it had nothing to do with his race but him acting like a complete flog on the field.
This is 100% how I saw it too mate but the agenda pushers decided to put all the eggs in the racism basket and the media took it and ran.

It's not sexy to say it but he did some pretty dirty things on the field.

*Yes I 100% support anti-racism but that's not this convo.

This is 100% how I saw it too mate but the agenda pushers decided to put all the eggs in the racism basket and the media took it and ran.

It's not sexy to say it but he did some pretty dirty things on the field.

*Yes I 100% support anti-racism but that's not this convo.
One of the best players I’ve ever seen but dead right. I’m so bloody annoyed by this everyone knows why he was booed.
I was at a Richmond v Adelaide game once in the late 90’s and we got smashed but I promise you I was among many Richmond fans who stayed to the end and applauded Andrew McLeod off after the game that’s how ******* brilliant he was.
Why is that not brought up? I was at the 93 Grand Final and Carlton fans applauded Michael Long after the game right after they just lost the bloody GF, where’s that?
Load of ******* rubbish it is.

Last edited:
Are they still running with Goodes was booed out of the game due to racism? Lol.

Even heard Wankley repeat it this morning.

Dumb knobs.
And it was the Richmond supporters that instigated it

One of the best players I’ve ever seen but dead right. I’m so bloody annoyed by this everyone knows why he was booed.
I was at a Richmond v Adelaide game once in the late 90’s and we got smashed but I promise you I was among many Richmond fans who stayed to the end and applauded Andrew McLeod off after the game that’s how ******* brilliant he was.
Why is that not brought up? I was at the 93 Grand Final and Carlton fans applauded Michael Long after the game right after they just lost the bloody GF, where’s that?
Load of ******* rubbish it is.

G17fAUt.gif

Was there at that game and it wasn’t the only time he staged. Couple times he threw his head back in the tackle. Could have changed the game and we know what that would have meant.

It was the one time I remember the umps having a great game calling it very fair and not falling for that bullshyte

He was a chronic stager. And a cheap shot cat.

I never booed the guy - I don’t boo the players just a few non swear sledges - but when Goodes was being booed it was my interpretation he was being booed for being a stager and a cheap shot artist. Viewed with same sort of disdain that Joel Shrugwood receives in other words.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back