Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROGS

Team Captain
Jun 4, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Usually go to most Peel home games so have seen a fair sample of how they play and sorry to say but neither is up to AFL standard as witnessed in todays game V Subi (compare say Clark to them, WA boy just looking for an opportunity at AFL)
The talent scout in SA needs to be shown the door, compare our recruiting to the mob up the road but my query is can Bell take charge and make us more professional,had 3 years now and not really seeing it
PS /Leno Thomas appears to be another wasted pick , how did they let Pina go but keep him ?

Pina is not a loss he’s well off AFL level it was correct to let him go.
Valente deserves a few games at AFL level to see how he goes but he looked a long way off today I agree

PS /Leno Thomas appears to be another wasted pick , how did they let Pina go but keep him ?
Because Leno was a category B rookie with, according to a lot of people in the club, a great work ethic. Combine that with his silky skills and why wouldn't you keep him for cheap sitting outside the main list?

Pina played a position that isn't exactly a need, and he didn't have too many weapons. I liked him, but considering we have less list spots then we did last year he was a waste to keep around

Usually go to most Peel home games so have seen a fair sample of how they play and sorry to say but neither is up to AFL standard as witnessed in todays game V Subi (compare say Clark to them, WA boy just looking for an opportunity at AFL)
The talent scout in SA needs to be shown the door, compare our recruiting to the mob up the road but my query is can Bell take charge and make us more professional,had 3 years now and not really seeing it
Valente still doesn't look fit to me. The 20 minutes or so I watched he was barely on the ground.

Clark was pick 15 and Giro was a rookie. I'm sure we'd happily swap them given the chance.

Leno was Cat B, literally only keeping blokes you've probably never heard of from being on the list. As close to zero opportunity cost as you can get.

Pina is an average WAFL player. Should be obvious why he isn't still on our list.

Valente still doesn't look fit to me. The 20 minutes or so I watched he was barely on the ground.

Clark was pick 15 and Giro was a rookie. I'm sure we'd happily swap them given the chance.

Leno was Cat B, literally only keeping blokes you've probably never heard of from being on the list. As close to zero opportunity cost as you can get.

Pina is an average WAFL player. Should be obvious why he isn't still on our list.
I think ROGS was referring to Greg Clark of Subiaco not Jordan Clark

I think on reputation, the Valente selection was justified. Captain of a very talented SA team & vice captain of the AA at the carnival.

The question has to be over his last contract extension considering how very little football he had played.

I don’t think Giro would be getting a game for any other club at AFL level & definitely shouldn’t be getting a game with us.

I'm not usually very good at spotting troll threads, but this one stands out like Liam Ryan's middle finger after the game

I’m with Joao - I’m not sure Valente is 100%. He seems to be on light duties at training and on managed minutes.
I hope for his sake that he is being held back by an injury of some sort because 8 touches as a ruck rover in the WAFL, in your third year on the list won’t really cut it.
He does seem like one of those types that could fit in better at a higher level though, with his clean use of the footy.

Is Pina an average WAFL player? He makes mistakes but he goes ok. So we delisted him. Doesn't mean he's not going to be a good WAFL player. He's a 20yo, a year out of the colts who has played about 10 WAFL league games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back