Glenn Manton, woeful has a new name

Remove this Banner Ad

originally posted by QT
Manton has lost his thunder a bit, and so has Trevor, but they still both kick arse!

Funny you say that............do you remember Trevors drinking "joke" last night? (it was something like "i found out after i stopped drinking that i'm naturally clumsy and obnoxious")

Well i just happen to have a video tape of the 1993 Footy Show Grand Final Special where he uses that same joke. (he changed the build up slightly, but the punchline, if you can call it that, was exactly the same. I should send it in this week and point out what a non talented idiot he is at the same time.)

Hearing it again last night just confirmed that he's over it and he should shut up and go away.

Same with the cartoon guy.

Manton is one of the good panellists. I'd take his worst jokes over the boredom of Matthew Lloyd.

glen`s a real hunk. smart witty and intelligent. eddie is real lucky to have him on the show. carlton are lucky to have him playing footy for him. big jack likes him because he cleans out his barn for him.gotta go darls.

Sorry to go against you oh dearest Grendel, but I find him hilarious.

The cat joke last night was funny, and he has a high brow kind of humour which obviously goes over the heads of many. Luckily I get them, so I can have a chuckle.

Anyway, leave him there, I think him, Crawf, and Gary should be there permanently.

The Hitman

When Glenn first appeared he was very funny. But I am starting to get sick of it. Its getting a bit old.

The best panelist I reckon is Shane Crawford. He is a natural.

Originally posted by gPhonque

Funny you say that............do you remember Trevors drinking "joke" last night? (it was something like "i found out after i stopped drinking that i'm naturally clumsy and obnoxious")

Well i just happen to have a video tape of the 1993 Footy Show Grand Final Special where he uses that same joke. (he changed the build up slightly, but the punchline, if you can call it that, was exactly the same. I should send it in this week and point out what a non talented idiot he is at the same time.)

Hearing it again last night just confirmed that he's over it and he should shut up and go away.

Same with the cartoon guy.

Farken ell....I've heard it all now! If you are really that worried Trev used the same joke twice in 8 years - GET A FRIGGIN LIFE!!! :rolleyes:

He's not the first to do it....you've posted more than twice haven't you?

mants is great, and i think my friends agreed with me when i said he is the best guy on teh panel, crawf is also really funny but in a different way and occasionally some of the others have a good comment or 2, but teh worst are carey, buckley and lloyd

Originally posted by mantis
I think Manton is great, but unfortunately his wit is too intellectual for the majority of people on the show, so the humour goes right over their heads. Seems the same thing happens to a lot of viewers.:rolleyes:

Mantis, your not serious, are you? I find it insulting for you to hint that I may not be intelligent enough to get Glen Manton's wit. Have you ever considered that I, and others, may just not find him very funny, which I think is a common problem with the panel on the footy show.

originally posted by Shermanator
Farken ell....I've heard it all now! If you are really that worried Trev used the same joke twice in 8 years - GET A FRIGGIN LIFE!!!

He's not the first to do it....you've posted more than twice haven't you?

My point, smartarse, is that it wasn't funny 8 years ago to start off with, and was even less funny last night. (and this is the guy on the show that actually gets paid to be fresh & funny remember.) And it just shows you how far the footy show has progressed in 8 years.

And the only person here who posts the same things over and over is Dan25. :D

I dunno, Mantons jokes seem to appeal to my sense of humour I guess. I can understand why some people don't like him though. Crawford is also good when he's on the show.
But I've been getting more and more bored with the footy show, I guess it's just getting a little old.

Considering how maligned Mants is for his football ability, I think it is a great testimony to the person that more than 50% of opposition fans enjoy watching him on the Footy Show. Therein lies the verdict.

Onya Mants!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."

Manton is woeful!

Anyone that believes him to be otherwise, seriously, if you want 'of the wall humour' go and listen to Steve Wright or Allan Davies.

Maybe thats why i find him so pathetic. I judge him against people that really are clever. To those that question others intelligence, just ask yourselves this next time you feel like a cheap shot, "Is "tired old cliche" one?"

Look, I'm no fan of the guy, but at least he's trying. He's having a go.

We all know hes not a natural comedian, but he's not afraid to attempt some humour, and occasionally (rarely) it works. Leave him alone. It's not his fault if a joke dies. At least he is trying.

People who bag Manton are intellectually incapable and have no wit..which means most of the footy show viewers.

Carey is a funny as a father beating his 3 year old.

Manton has got very clever wit. Ditto.

Originally posted by Dan25
Look, I'm no fan of the guy, but at least he's trying. He's having a go.

We all know hes not a natural comedian, but he's not afraid to attempt some humour, and occasionally (rarely) it works. Leave him alone. It's not his fault if a joke dies. At least he is trying.

I agree. Manton tries way too hard, but often it is just above the audience's head.

Carey is the worst, too dumb to know whether a comment is a joke or not.

Buckey and Lloyd very boring.

But when I think Glenn's the funniest of the players, shows how dead the format is now.

Originally posted by TheSchwatta_#2
Carey is a funny as a father beating his 3 year old.

I prefer to watch Carey, he presents himself well on tv, on any tv show, whether its The footy show or talking footy. And that's from an Essendon Supporter.
John Barnes and, Gary Lyon and Bill Brownless are ok.

That joke with the cat was hilarious. Mant's had me in stiches for at least 3-4 minutes with that one.

The sworn enemy, hahaha.

Originally posted by TheKoutaman
That joke with the cat was hilarious. Mant's had me in stiches for at least 3-4 minutes with that one.

And i can't believe that no one actually got the joke! :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back