Rumour GOAT to return home in straight swap for Motlop

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering who, in an era that DGAF about 'meaningless stats', as you say, kept those stats on the day.

It wasn't the VFL, who had no need or desire. It wasn't any of the official stat keepers who didn't exist yet

There have been stats keepers for at least some games since at least the 1920s. The fact that they were not 'official' employees of the VFL/AFL is neither here nor there. You can read some of the history of VFL/AFL stats gathering here:
http://www.boylesfootballphotos.net.au/Footy+Stats+–+A+Short+History

Seems they were taking possession stats for all the weekly games from the 1960s.

Say, where did you even hear that stat?

It was a famous game, but there are a heap of sources you can find online for historical game stats. Footywire and afltables are two common ones. I'd guess they are largely sourced from tables published in news papers and other sources since the 60s.

Yes... You'd guess.

Well the notes page on afltables says where they sourced the data from, and there are threads on bigfooty that talk about the data collection. If you are seriously hanging your hat on GAJ being a better player than Lethal on the hope that Lethal's exploits have been exaggerated by corrupt statistics gathering, I truly feel sorry for you, and hope you receive the help you so desperately need.

So the salary cap was an issue for Geelong getting Deledio and Tuohy but no such problem with Ablett? Yeah nah Bill.

Enright was worth more than both spuds you mentioned combined.

This is Gaz, so by the looks of it we will sacrifice the likes of Bartel, Lonergan, Mackie, Taylor. Then your Clarks and Horlin-Smedts spud types. We have so many spuds we could probably delist 10 and free up 200k in cap space.

Enright was worth more than both spuds you mentioned combined.

This is Gaz, so by the looks of it we will sacrifice the likes of Bartel, Lonergan, Mackie, Taylor. Then your Clarks and Horlin-Smedts spud types. We have so many spuds we could probably delist 10 and free up 200k in cap space.

You make Geelong sound like a fully operational potato farm! Makes me sad to think we lost a QF to a sack of potatoes :-(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan_Lyon.jpg

Nathan Lyon
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nathan Michael Lyon (born 20 November 1987 in Young, New South Wales) is an Australian cricketer. He holds the record for the most Test wickets taken by an Australian off-spin bowler, after passing Hugh Trumble's 141 wickets in 2015, thus earning the nickname amongst teammates of "GOAT", which stands for "Greatest of All Time".

Going back to pitch curating at Adelaide Oval??????

Let's ignore the fact you must have never actually seen GAj play to reach that conclusion.

Let's even ignore the fact your two points contradict each other.

I'll just ask one question: who kept those Matthews stats? Where did they come from?
Nobody is the answer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back