Preview Gold Coast v Melbourne, Rd 10, Alice Springs

Remove this Banner Ad

There's talk around today that Hall will be going too. Asking for a trade.
The AFL in their arrogance thought they could create a GC team but no they have created a feeder club for Victoria and that moron McLachlan is doing nothing about it. He mostly cares about hairspray.
Eade just sees us as an amazing superannuation top up. He does nothing to promote the sport up here.
This will be a massive loss for the AFL as it is looking likely the Titans will win the footy wars.
Gold Coast people aren't going to support a sloppy weak soft team that always is drafting kids and seeing them then get picked off.
And the Melbourne media are so insular it won't get addressed as they want us to suck and just pick off the May's of this world.
We are in a deep hole and so is the AFL as they have wasted millions.
What footy war.
The fact that a start up team which has had no success gets almost the same crowds in an NRL area /State should be an absolute embarrassment to the NRL.

What footy war.
The fact that a start up team which has had no success gets almost the same crowds in an NRL area /State should be an absolute embarrassment to the NRL.

That might be true however the drums are beating louder and louder from Melbourne that either
1-we exist to provide them developed players
Or
2-we should cease to exist and Tasmania come into it

I'm a GC sports man rather than an AFL man on the GC and trust me I've seen this happen with NRL, Soccer, Basketball, Baseball u name it.

There is a pack that is always willing to kill off GC teams even if others are doing worse.

That might be true however the drums are beating louder and louder from Melbourne that either
Or

I'm a GC sports man rather than an AFL man on the GC and trust me I've seen this happen with NRL, Soccer, Basketball, Baseball u name it.

There is a pack that is always willing to kill off GC teams even if others are doing worse.
No chance of it happening. We already get bigger crowds than Tasmania. Look at the draft over last few years with NSW/QLD kids v Tasmanian it's daylight.
If fact there was not one Tasmanian taken in the first Rounds.
Do you seriously think any draftee wants to go to Tasmania.
I have Tasmanian friends and they tell me all any one thinks of from a 16yo is how to get out.

Or

TV rights pay for the game, and run it. They wanted the AFL to tap into new markets and Western Sydney and Gold Coast were perfect. Bums on seats aren't that important. Tasmanians already followed AFL and watched it on TV. They will never have a team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back