Certified Legendary Thread Gone: Brett Burton and Scott Camporeale!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if Chappy is still standing by this comment:
"But I’m backing him to be one of the elite football managers, when judged at the end of his tenure"

Chappy should have been first to go. He has presided over all our disasters.

"- a change to the leadership of the football department with Head of Football Brett Burton to depart the Club

- a change to the coaching structure with Senior Assistant Coach Scott Camporeale to also leave the organisation after spending nine years in the coaching department"
Good enough for me will put my membership back on to auto renewal

While there are some that I'd still need to go (Hart, Roo and Chapman), this is a ******* good start. Burton is a completely toxic individual who has ****ed over two clubs, us a lot moreso than Brisbane. We didn't learn from his time at Brisbane (due to boy's club) but every club should be smart enough to avoid having him in any capacity. * off Birdbrain, I wish we had never drafted you for getting us into this mess.

Holy s**t boys. The beacons are lit. There is hope for us afterall.

giphy.gif

For all those convinced the Club would find a way to protect Burton... and that the review would be a sham.... you were wrong. Roo is not my favourite person in the world... but he absolutely wants what is best for our club... he thought Burton would do the job well. He was wrong. In his defence, he at least cleaned up the mess he made once he was dragged kicking and screaming to the conclusion that an external review was needed. This is great that we can now move forward. New coach. New coaching panel.

Also proud of the club for releasing this this morning.... they normally would have released it 5pm Friday.

Campo should not be tarred with the same brush as Burton.

I think he was an good coach, not a great one, who was here too long.

Let's not forget he put his hand up and guided our players as head coach after Walshy died. And we did play Finals that year.

I wish him luck in the future and thank him for his service at our club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

From the club

Today is a significant day for our Club and one that shapes our path on and off field, and we can push ahead with optimism and a clear plan to create the sustained success we all desperately want.

As we all know, there have been a number of challenges and distractions which have ultimately led to a decline in our on-field results over the past two seasons.

We were compelled to undertake a thorough external review of the football department and I am pleased to say that process is now complete. Both the internal and external findings were extremely consistent and it is clear that there is no single issue or reason responsible for the inconsistent team performances but rather a series of events, issues or relationship dynamics that despite a varied and number of attempts, could not be sufficiently addressed during 2019 to deliver better on-field results.

Recent weeks have also reinforced there are many coaching, high performance and football administration staff operating at a high level and delivering effective and meaningful programs and outcomes. However, the review also quite clearly showed the need for some important adjustments.

I can promise all of you that each and every decision has been made after lengthy and careful consideration, and with a focus on putting in place personnel and revamped structures to enable success in an ever changing and challenging professional sporting landscape.

Providing you with as much information as possible about the review has always been at the forefront of our minds, but we must also balance that with the welfare of those affected by this process and the impact it has on their livelihoods and families. Like other clubs which have undertaken similar reviews, there is also the need to maintain an element of confidentiality to uphold the integrity of the process, and ensure those who willingly shared information were able to do so knowing they could speak honestly and freely.

The Board has endorsed the following:

A change in leadership of the football department with Head of Football Brett Burton to depart the Club

A change to the coaching structure with Senior Assistant Coach Scott Camporeale to leave after nine years at the Crows

The creation of a new position, Head of Leadership and Culture, to deliver a new player leadership program across all areas of AFL and AFLW

Some structural realignment within the high performance area to enhance role clarity and communication between coaches and players

As you already know, Don Pyke and Taylor Walker both recently stepped away from the positions of Senior Coach and Co-Captain respectively. Both decisions were unrelated to the review, but together with the above, represent significant change.

It has created a unique opportunity for us to develop a fresh football leadership group which can complement the rejuvenation of what is already a talented playing list. We will have the right balance and diversity of thought that our players need and given our younger list profile, a well-resourced leadership and development structure to support our next generation of stars on their AFL journey.

We expect to name a new Senior Coach in coming days and other appointments, such as the Head of Leadership and Culture, will take place after this announcement. In the meantime, our trade period focus is on rejuvenating our playing list by securing the best possible draft hand to bring in some of the country’s most talented youngsters.

Finally, I acknowledge the past couple of years have been frustrating for all of our passionate supporters and just like you, I and the other Board Directors, management, staff, coaches and players, are desperate and determined for the Club to be the best it can be. We are also well aware that we are privileged to have the chance to be custodians of your Club and help shape its direction.

I am confident that these changes will create a positive environment and exciting times lie ahead. In the meantime, if you have any immediate questions I urge you to contact Andrew and myself via this online form and we will endeavour to answer as many of your queries as possible.

We Fly As One!

Rob Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back