Review Good/Bad vs Carlton - Rd 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannot believe the posters that want to make numerous excuses for Ned because he goes at everything like a mad bull over looking he has no ability to compete due to size and body strength either way and has no real footy nous in positioning on the attack or on rebound and can't kick over a jam lid as old saying goes.
Thats not even mentioning his brain fades or macho attempts .
We have to keep installing ball and defensive aggression into our team to move forward but have to offer more than that for us to move forward.
Kicked an important 45m+ set shot.

Cannot believe the posters that want to make numerous excuses for Ned because he goes at everything like a mad bull over looking he has no ability to compete due to size and body strength either way and has no real footy nous in positioning on the attack or on rebound and can't kick over a jam lid as old saying goes.
Thats not even mentioning his brain fades or macho attempts .
We have to keep installing ball and defensive aggression into our team to move forward but have to offer more than that for us to move forward.

Nah, Ned is fine. Putting together a solid season on the half-forward flank, and certainly is one of the reasons we're showing off a never say die attitude.

Take out the Port game (seeing he was concussed in the first 10 minutes), and he's averaging 12.75 disposals, 4.41 ground ball gets, 0.58 goals (from 1.16 shots at goal), 4.58 score involvements, 3.41 tackles and 20.41 pressure acts. I'm curious to see where he gets to in 20-50 games time as that's a very solid base for a kid.

Last edited:

I fear if we trade him it will come back to haunt us, can just see him becoming a 60+ goal a year forward somewhere.

But if we are only going to get what we are now out of him ....
I think he just needs time. Once it’s just him and thilthorpe, I think we’ll see him come into his own.

Having endured the game at Marvels seagull dome I’d have to say it was very representative of 13th v 14th. Terrible match not even redeemed by its closeness. I’ll give all the juniors a learning curve pass but wowzers we have some holes to fill. McAdam and DMac were so poor it is hard to imagine whoever we put in for them wouldn’t be a net positive. And I might as well say it again but Keays, Sloane and Laird is just the most ridiculous midfield ever and hopefully will now never be seen again.

The only positive was the blues are going nowhere. They are rubbish and without hope.
Tbh we were playing better in the midfield when. Sloane was out injured. Laird needs to be in the middle as he is our best mid currently but we need to be playing Schoenberg and Berry in there as well as it will improve our midfield while also getting valuable experience into them. Would also like to see Pedlar in there joining them and rotating with Keays.

Sloane needs to be played at half forward or a wing in 2022. If he can't accept that it may be time to work out an amicable trade. We also desperately need to draft an elite mid with most importantly elite kicking skills. Hopefully we will pick one up with our first pick this year. An added luxury would be to bring in some real experience and class with a player such as Josh Kelly. Is currently 26 so likely still has 5 or 6 years left in him. Another option I would look at would be Jacob Hopper who is also at GWS and currently 24. He would likely be the better long term option and also cheaper. I believe he has put off contract talks with gws until the end of the year. Nick's should have a relationship with him from his time at GWS. We could definitely afford him.

Last edited:
How can you compare value (i.e. performance) of Talia if he hasn't played a game this season?
Ding ding we have a winner!

You nailed it and I'll say it again:

When they do not play a game - they have ZERO value.

Example. Jonas plays all games for poort, he has some level of value. Talia plays zero games. He gives the crows zero value.

My first post simply stated that poorts 29+ are still giving them value, and our 29+ aren't.

Example. Jonas plays all games for poort, he has some level of value. Talia plays zero games. He gives the crows zero value.

My first post simply stated that poorts 29+ are still giving them value, and our 29+ aren't.
Are you serious? This was exactly what you did, why not throw in M.Crouch and Milera who also haven't played a single game for us this year.
"Put it this way, if we had Jonas and they had tahlia, we had gray and they had lynch, we had Dixon and they had walker (this one would be the only one helping them), we had boak they had Sloane, we had Lycett they had Seedsman....we'd be better than 13th and they'd be worse that 4th. "

Eh? Tex, Seedsman, and Smith are all having very good seasons at the moment (Smith being one of the more underrated players on our list at the moment).

Unless you think they're all 26.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frampton plays well in the SANFL where he can use his size and doesn't have the yips when taking set shots. He kicks from the 50m line as well as Tex when he's playing reserves. When he gets to AFL he will miss an easy set shot 35m out in front. Not worth persisting with a player who is psychologically weak imo. Fogarty has his faults but at least he can kick a set-shot.

You posting stuff to prove my point now? 20 touches for an 80% TOG player who spends all their minutes in the stoppage rotations is terrible. Totally sub par. If he had elite disposal and cut through oppo for 20 touches, then you could probably mount an argument. But his value is totally aligned with how often he gets the pill. Awesome game against the Suns, literally won us those 4 points, but a fringe midfielder outside of that. He's had only 1 other similarly high output game, but even then, it was often noted how often he totally torched the ball. He's having a terrible year and thankfully it's come to a close so he can start concentrating on 2022. We can now provide more minutes to others and hopefully see a more dynamic stoppage unit. Or we'll see Seed take all the minutes and we'll lose both on the inside and also on the outside. That's even money favourite at the moment.

You posting stuff to prove my point now? 20 touches for an 80% TOG player who spends all their minutes in the stoppage rotations is terrible. Totally sub par. If he had elite disposal and cut through oppo for 20 touches, then you could probably mount an argument. But his value is totally aligned with how often he gets the pill. Awesome game against the Suns, literally won us those 4 points, but a fringe midfielder outside of that. He's had only 1 other similarly high output game, but even then, it was often noted how often he totally torched the ball. He's having a terrible year and thankfully it's come to a close so he can start concentrating on 2022. We can now provide more minutes to others and hopefully see a more dynamic stoppage unit. Or we'll see Seed take all the minutes and we'll lose both on the inside and also on the outside. That's even money favourite at the moment.
Hence I said he was excellent before his eye injury.

Carlton, Brisbane, Melbourne, Gold Coast, and Saints have had their issues this past decade. Certainly isn't difficult to get stuck, especially as you've required a period of being a total sh*t club to get yourself in the bottom 4 for multiple years.

Teams who have jumped out effortlessly of a couple of bad years without failing a build is really the Dogs, GWS, Port and Sydney this decade.

I mean that's pretty easy. The number 0 exists for a reason ;)

Teams down for a couple of years or so isn't the hyperbolic claim though. The claim is that if we don't implement what we now call 'selection integrity', we'll end up rooted to the bottom of the table for years and years. Only s**t clubs stay down. Carlton and Melbourne. Brisbane were down for a fair while, but the fix was a total overhaul of their off-field system. Only s**t clubs get stuck down the bottom and one or two extra losses doesn't make you a s**t club. And nor does one or two extra wins stop you from being a s**t club.

But he wasn't. 2 failures and 1 win doesn't make excellent form. If you said that he was, "excellent once prior to injury", then you'd have been right. But you didn't, so you're not. As usual.
What the hell are you talking about again, 20 possession games in 2 games and BOG in the other is excellent form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back