Review Good/Bad vs West Coast rd 9 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:
Laird - Our best midfielder is a half back flanker
Thilthorpe - Didnt get it much, but marked strongly and kicked straight
Rowe - Chooses good options and generally reeads the play well, shame he isn't quicker
Shoey - Building really well

Bad:
Seeds - Had a mare
Rob - Had a mare
Keays - Poster boy for our team at the moment. All effort, no composure.

Ugly:
Kennedy, Darling and Allen - 11.3 between them, who could've seen that coming?

Another game with high effort levels but very skills/cleanliness. We'll catch a couple of teams off guard later for a few more wins but until we bring in higher skilled players we wont be much of a threat. We also revert to reactionary footy far to easy, once the game isn't on our terms it seems all we do is chase tail

Lotsa good signs from kids

Lotsa disappointing signs from vets

Keays showing he’ll try all day but never be an A grader

Didn’t miss Lynch at all, same with Tex

All the mini-scuffles broke up pretty quick When Fog sauntered over

id go unchanged... except for a 2nd kpd

Pretty good effort from all our youngsters, plenty of good signs for most of them.

Nicks has no tactical nous, hopeless.

Terrible deliberate out of bounds against Sloane, RT was about one metre away. Standard of umpiring is abysmal.

Good
Fog 1st quarter got us all excited

The Bad
Fogs rest of game showed how much he has to keep working at each minute

The Ugly
Knowing people will write him off based on the middle 2 quarters without recognising the gold of the 1st

Good
Fogarty's first quarter
Scholl, Schoenberg, Jones played well
Frampton did a good job as a stepladder for McAdam

Bad
Keays disposal by foot
Smith/Seedsman - tried to create run, constantly over used it, took wrong options, turned it over which led to easy goals
Defensive selections
ROB

Ugly
Kelly
Frampton in everything else he did, not sure why we persist with him other than he's Nicks pet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowe broke the duck of poor away games. He was very slick when he got the pill, I think we persist.
Another preseason, especially with Burgess he is going to be a good player.

He can read the play well, just needs the tank.

Genuine Footballer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lots to like. Let down mostly by shitty decision on field making which is to be expected from young players. Also by shitty decision making off field which is less acceptable.

Overall good signs.

Anyone knocking Fog needs to get a clue.

Some also need to get some perspective- 30 pts at OS isn't horrendous considering where we were. Seeds not shititng the bed at the end and it couldve been 18. Regardless, it was a decent result and lots of gamblers lost money today.

Doedee is getting hung out to dry being asked to play second tall.

Bad:
Bicks on 5aa saying you can't play all youth as excuse for David Mackay getting a game after call questioned what does he actualky offer.
FFS. Give it a go! They may just surprise.

This is the same know jockey who said Thilthorpe wasn't ready.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Intensity and effort was similar to our first few rounds (good). The bad are still plenty, but expected with such an inexperienced side. Some real positives:
- Fog started tremendously well, really set the tone for us with his physicality. This is something the stats sheet does not show in his favour.
- McAdam - great to see some nice marks and some zip up forward. He looks like he feels he belongs at AFL level.
- youngsters all showing solid efforts across the board, which is all we can ask of them.

ROB was beaten categorically, and I think he needs to have a spell. Has hardly shown much in the recent weeks.

Bad:
Bicks on 5aa saying you can't play all youth as excuse for David Mackay getting a game after call questioned what does he actualky offer.

This is what all the idiots say who defend his selection.

NO ONE IS SAYING DROP EVERY SENIOR PLAYER FFS.

just the ones that aren't offering anything, its really not that hard to understand.

But Bicks still knows/believes in the patented AFC Club Selection Philosophy

All in all, that probably just scrapes in for par.

Good:

Thilthorpe gets another 2 goals and shows more signs he'll be a stud key forward long term.
Berry got the multiple goal game he's deserved all season. Did well.
Rowe was industrious all game.
Schoenberg was a couple of misses off a breakout game.
Sholl did well all up, though wasn't that damaging with the ball in hand for an outside midfielder.
I liked Hamills game, especially his first quarter.
Fog was hot and cold, but 12 disposal and 1 goal exceeded every expectation I had for him as a 2nd tall. Fingers crossed he backs it up.
Jones looked really good on the half back line. Was composed, moved the ball with purpose throughout, nearly kicked an excellent goal. Good return game.
Laird was Laird.
I didn't mind O'Connor. Didn't spend a lot of time on the field, but tackled hard and got a clearance. I would be happy to see him retained.
McAdam was back to 2020 McAdam.
Kelly did have a good game.

Average:
Keays had a fantastic game, if you ignore his disposal. That was absolutely woeful.
Sloane and Seedsman got a fair bit of the ball, but were off.

Bad:
Doedee got mauled all game.
Mackay was Mackay.
Frampton really showed why he should have had his card stamped the last time he was dropped. A really perplexing decision to bring him in, but at least he's the easy drop for Tex next week.

Ugly:
Our decision to go in with one key back. It was dumb when it was announced. It proved to be dumb. Especially when we have an overabundance of key defensive stocks. Repeat after me, Adelaide selectors: It's. Time. To. Play. Josh. Worrell.
Riley O'Brien. He needs a week in the SANFL to reset. Was horrid.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back