AFL Grand Final Grand Final, 2021: Melbourne v Western Bulldogs

Who will be premiers?

• Melbourne

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just imagine the melts..... Petracca Premiership Medal, Norm Smith medallist, Brownlow Medallist. All in one year.

You would hope he'd at least thank us in his acceptance speech.

Well the big picture hurts even more......they have 12 CUPs to our single solitary immaculate one.......now we are expected to lay down and venerate their absence from glory and support their fragility, ha!. 1964.... oddly two years prior to our lamentably singular but glorious moment in Time/Space. Perhaps that augurs well for our future aspirations to be fulfilled....... maybe within or on the 60th anniversary!!!

It certainly would be a story if Melbourne happen to loose this year and we meet them in the ultimate battle for the souls of mankind. The DEMONS versus the SAINTS. The Battle for Heaven and the Holy Grail. Both of us roughly 60 years from our last win perhaps 2025. Six as in sixty years for both....within the Judeo /Christian and even pagan numerical understanding I believe is the number on the Tree of Life 6 being of Tifareth one of Beauty..THAT BEAUTY BEING of the middle path one of great import for us. To be reigning Premiers in 2026. I believe it will be our time!!:)

I know ...a stretch too far but it certainly injects a little mystique and wonder into the equation.
Whoaaa settle down Prophetic One

Have ordered a s**t load from Red Gum BBQ , will treat myself a bottle of RWT looking forward too it

I know its not trading but I am pretty happy Perth has the GF if we can't have it.

A great football state who seem to be having a great time and really embraced the week.
I know it won't happen but would not be against this happening once every 5 years or so.
South Aussies would embrace it as well I reckon.

My interest will be who will be more important to the outcome: the better team (Melbourne) or the better coach (Bevo).

I honestly can’t pick it. So hard to split.

I think Bevo is an extremely smart coach, and they’ve had the perfect lead up, having had their little wobble and regrouped. Appear to have adjusted to losing Bruce and I think one under Bevo and Bont’s belts may just give them the edge.

Dees are just electric to watch when they’re on, but so many inexperienced players on a very big stage and May has to be under some kind of cloud. But Gawn can really get them going. What a great guy.

Even record against each other this season. Just hope it’s an exciting game after the prelim final flops.

I honestly can’t pick it. So hard to split.

I think Bevo is an extremely smart coach, and they’ve had the perfect lead up, having had their little wobble and regrouped. Appear to have adjusted to losing Bruce and I think one under Bevo and Bont’s belts may just give them the edge.

Dees are just electric to watch when they’re on, but so many inexperienced players on a very big stage and May has to be under some kind of cloud. But Gawn can really get them going. What a great guy.

Even record against each other this season. Just hope it’s an exciting game after the prelim final flops.

Bevo is very strategic and Melbourne carry a weight from history around their necks like we do. I want the Dees to win but think the Dogs will strangle them.

Bevo is very strategic and Melbourne carry a weight from history around their necks like we do. I want the Dees to win but think the Dogs will strangle them.

Such a shame Bevo was “stolen” from under our noses. I think he would have made a big difference to us. I reckon he’d be our coach now after Richo got the flick.

Come on Doggies, start the Footscray dynasty now, you will be a formidable opponent when we are ready to compete and you have been the closest thing to a rival in the modern era.

Bont - inspire Jack Billings to find whatever was in him for scouts to rate him higher than you.

Bevo - you'll be coming home one day, get as much winning experience as you can along the way.

Despite my hatred of playing for free kicks, I prefer the Dogs to win. I like Bevo, I like Bont, and I'll never forget their supporters shaking tins for our Save Our Saints donations in the 90s. We're lucky to still be here as a club.

Apart from that, this is just holding up trade period from starting.

I never knew they rattled tins for us. Definitely warmed me more to them now. Good honest unfashionable suburban battling club just like us. Love Bevo and how intense he is, in a just world he would have ousted the pretender Richo and come back to where he belongs but it wasn't to be. Maybe once he's had a bit more success at Footscray.

Go dogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watched a bunch of grand final highlights to get into the mood. It’s a bit hard in lockdown and a shame for the two clubs involved. Grand final day is usually Christmas for me - unless we’re competing, those days were anxiety filled write offs - but we don’t speak about that.

anyway just have fun and try to enjoy the game. It’s easier knowing we were no chance this year at least for me.

Great article about Max Gawn

I hope a few of our players read it.

“I said, regardless of what happened yesterday, for the next month, try to be the best trainer you’ve ever been and see where it takes you,” Stafford said. “He did that. It was a small first step. From that day on, he’s been the flag-bearer for training standards and what you need to do as a professional. It’s amazing when you do that what the games brings.

"To players who complained about their roles, Gawn stressed pre-season that they all had only one role, what was best for the team. ”

watched a bunch of grand final highlights to get into the mood. It’s a bit hard in lockdown and a shame for the two clubs involved. Grand final day is usually Christmas for me - unless we’re competing, those days were anxiety filled write offs - but we don’t speak about that.

anyway just have fun and try to enjoy the game. It’s easier knowing we were no chance this year at least for me.

I have this anxiety from knowing that we could beat both these sides recently and that they have both flown past us to the point that I reckon we are a fair way off them now.

Bulldogs won a premiership, rebuilt and are back to the top with a pile of stars while we still haven't moved much from the position we were in under Scott Watters. Melbourne was like your loser brother who still lived at home in his 40s and collected Centrelink, just having a job made you look successful. Thank god Carlton still sleeps in their car.

I'm a petty jealous person and that's possibly why the footy gods are so enraged as to punish us every year.

This year I'm hoping that having good will towards Melbourne will some how create good karma that will fall our way. I think it's more likely that my bad luck will rub off on them and that they'll lose by 60 points though. Bevo is a wily campaigner.

Does anyone know if the U19's game is being televised or do we have to put up with hours of filler on the Channel 7 broadcast?

Not sure but get ready for a closeup of Gary Lyons tears at some point, win or lose.

Does anyone know if the U19's game is being televised or do we have to put up with hours of filler on the Channel 7 broadcast?
Think i read somewhere it was going to be on AFL website so assume there will be lots of filler from Ch.7 as per normal

Back