Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how they can win the appeal though. It's back to back repeat almost identical offense, first one he pleads guilty... second one he chalenges :drunk::drunk::drunk:
The AFL is unpredictable but still...
Plus if he loses the appeal could he be risking missing the GF too if they were to make it?

Awful decision. Should not be suspended for that.

That incident standalone would incur a fine, but he was fined for the same thing last week Boxy. He thumbs his nose at the AFL, enough is enough with him. The way he goes about it is wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These days facial massages are a definite no no and he has a history of it,if he beats this charge he virtually has a green light to what likes,it matters not that he is a superb player he like anybody else should not be touching someones face.
I don,t know if there is much malice in the incident but you could blind someone possibly,I think after last,s weeks incident that he is foolish enough to attempt much the same treatment to another player means that he should go this time.

Prospect of a Collingwood v Richmond GF is a pretty big carrot for the AFL.
GWS winning the lot is the whole vegetable patch for Gil and Associates.

Not sure how they can win the appeal though. It's back to back repeat almost identical offense, first one he pleads guilty... second one he chalenges :drunk::drunk::drunk:
The AFL is unpredictable but still...
Plus if he loses the appeal could he be risking missing the GF too if they were to make it?
I think that’s not in play getting an extra week for failed plea.

He'll either get off or he wont. Out of our hands and you never know what happens at the tribunal. I'll try to not get emotional or excited over it and assume the worst...that he will get off.

It will also be an interesting exercise to test whether a fine means a fine, or whether a fine means a warning.

By that I mean if its the same offence as last week can he argue "I got a fine last week, be consistent and give me another". And can the tribunal argue, "you got a fine last week, you didnt listen to the reprimand, this time its a week"

I'd hate to disagree but Coll v Rich will break records.

Not suggesting Greene doesn't deserve a week because he does.
Might be at that.

Still would assume that for the AFL success in western Sydney is their nirvana. They will believe that GWS winning the lot will help them make inroads into that area and market.

It’s a bit delusional as the area will care for 5 minutes and move on to the next sound bite.

Just my take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back