Analysis GWS - The Bigger Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

That is my take. GWS now under the magic number for 2018 so can extract full value for Shiel. And Dodoro doesnt like paying full value.

Pretty rich coming from someone whose team just pulled off the most one-sided trade in the history of the game isn't it. Maybe Wright should give GWS a call back so he can pay full value too

Have heard whispers of McEvoy being approached by other clubs, kinda makes sense in this case. GWS are desperate for a decent ruck and Hawthorn have 2 more ruckman in waiting. Also would explain how GW knows what GWS are up to. All speculation but there are always suprises on the last day.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ah I tend to be in the Dodo camp. No idea which trades he doesnt get done much like there would be heaps of Hawk trades I dont know about.

Professionally run clubs keep their thoughts to themselves. Player managers and poor clubs leak.

Besides, JLT covered a couple of million for player payments which made his cheque book far fatter thsn it should have been. So everyone at Essendon gets paid well, at least for 2 or 3 more years.

Besides, JLT covered a couple of million for player payments which made his cheque book far fatter thsn it should have been. So everyone at Essendon gets paid well, at least for 2 or 3 more years.
Everyone not at Essendon probably gets paid even better though, since they lost their careers and/or the joy of wearing the red sash :think:

In other news, think we're getting a bit far from the topic of the thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone not at Essendon probably gets paid even better though, since they lost their careers and/or the joy of wearing the red sash :think:

In other news, think we're getting a bit far from the topic of the thread.

True. The sticking point seems to be what picks Essendon will give up for Shiel now that the cap crisis appears to have been corrected.

I wonder if GWS play hardball on Wednesdsy after taking a bit of a beating on Tuesday.

That is my take. GWS now under the magic number for 2018 so can extract full value for Shiel. And Dodoro doesnt like paying full value.

You avoided the question. What examples do you have or is it that you just follow the popular uninformed narrative?

GWS are supposedly 2mill over the cap and will have cleared 1.5 with Scully/Lobb/Setterfield. Still not out of the woods yet.

You avoided the question. What examples do you have or is it that you just follow the popular uninformed narrative?

GWS are supposedly 2mill over the cap and will have cleared 1.5 with Scully/Lobb/Setterfield. Still not out of the woods yet.

Its interesting that the amount they are over is known. I assume we can also find out how much all the various players are being paid?

Carlisle would be the good example.

Vs say Gunston for Adelaide, Mitchell for Swans, Burgoyne for Port, Hill for Hawthorn, and Im sure every club has examples.

All players who wanted out where the club made a reasonable deal without being ridiculous about it - and threatening to derail the trade. It may be good at the time, but it can burn bridges later.

Its interesting that the amount they are over is known. I assume we can also find out how much all the various players are being paid?

Carlisle would be the good example.

Vs say Gunston for Adelaide, Mitchell for Swans, Burgoyne for Port, Hill for Hawthorn, and Im sure every club has examples.

All players who wanted out where the club made a reasonable deal without being ridiculous about it - and threatening to derail the trade. It may be good at the time, but it can burn bridges later.

So you would have accepted pick 25 for Carlisle? I don't think you understand what commitment a list manager has to achieve the best result for the Club. I'm sorry he hurt your feelings.

So you would have accepted pick 25 for Carlisle? I don't think you understand what commitment a list manager has to achieve the best result for the Club. I'm sorry he hurt your feelings.

Cant remember the last trade we did with Essendon. Williams as a part of the Burgoyne trade?

Id be more worried about Essendon and GWS. Lets hope it is all a part of faux drama from the AFL and the deal is done.

I would laugh if the Scully deal meant they had the room to keep Shiel, especially if Lobb goes. That’s probably 800-900k saved through those two.
Shhhh. Its over, Adrian's moved on from the Dogs.

Cant remember the last trade we did with Essendon. Williams as a part of the Burgoyne trade?

Id be more worried about Essendon and GWS. Lets hope it is all a part of faux drama from the AFL and the deal is done.
So you wouldn't have taken pick 25 for Carlisle?

Why is it only pick 5 or pick 25? I believe there are lots of other numbers in between 5 and 25.
Why cant you tell me if you'd have accepted St Kildas opening offer of pick 25?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back