Hardwick - How long until he's replaced as Richmond's coach

Who is coach of the year so far in 2017?

• Don Pyke

Votes: 60 19.5%
  • Brendon Bolton

Votes: 58 18.8%
  • John Worsfold

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Leon Cameron

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Simon Goodwin

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Other (name in comments)

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Damien Hardwick

Votes: 104 33.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Peggy said he's getting an extension this off-season.

That'll make him at least an 11 year coach

Yep, the Tigs don't **** around when it comes to coaches.
th

th

Five years each! :eek:

Completely and utterly disagree.
I also agree with win loss ratio being irrelevant. Compare the list that Scott had at his disposal when he started at Geelong, for instance, with the Richmond list in 2009 when Dimma started. It's no reflection on their respective coaching abilities that Scott has the better ratio. But your basic thesis that anyone could have coached Richmond and that the premiership was won on the backs of the fab 4 is nevertheless rubbish. Did you watch the final series? Did you see how Houli played in the Grand Final? Did you see Graham And Townshend perform? Edwards, Prestia, Nankervis, Vlaustin were all key to the finals wins. I'm not a great believer in Roos' bottom five thesis. I think the entire list needs to be assessed. If you lack the stars then you'll suffer from the North Melbourne syndrome of death by vanilla. But you lack the supporting cast to help the stars then you will be like Richmond was before we acquired Prestia, Caddy and Nankervis. See what North did to us in the final in 2015. They put are hard tag on Cotchin and that was the game.

There is next to no doubt in the world they will go out on straight sets but still give him and extension and then with a harder draw next year plummet again out of the 8.

They will be the first top 4 team I can remember with 0% of even pinching a flag they just don't have me fooled they are still the Tigers of old

You are the one that responded to me so how am I the salty one ?

Just accept everyone doesn't think the tigers are the real deal it's not the end of the world. And hey there is a hanne I'm wrong but finals finds teams and coaches out and I think both are average at the Tigers so let's see who is right. If you win a final I will come back and admit my error.

Please come back and admit your error.

But your basic thesis that anyone could have coached Richmond and that the premiership was won on the backs of the fab 4 is nevertheless rubbish.

Yeah anyone peddling that nonsense is talking crap.

Richmond do not have the best list going around. They were well trained, well motivated, and had a gameplan that suited the cattle at their disposal.

Or put simply, that was a bloody well coached side.

There is next to no doubt in the world they will go out on straight sets but still give him and extension and then with a harder draw next year plummet again out of the 8.

They will be the first top 4 team I can remember with 0% of even pinching a flag they just don't have me fooled they are still the Tigers of old

Yeah you dun goofed - badly.

My suggestion is you come back and take your medicine.

You talked a big game, and now it appears you're meek as a mouse.

So like the thread asking ‘Has Melbourne gone past Richmond?’, the OP has simply asked a pretty straight forward question based on the fact that at that point the Tigers would have been under some pressure to perform. Not out of line.

Thread bumped by a Richmond fan. Is this just another example of ‘We will dig up every thread bump it to prove you were wrong?’ Even though the premise of BF is really about making assumptions, predictions and generating discussion?

Is this just another way for Richmond fans to gloat and get on their high horse?

Yeah you dun goofed - badly.

My suggestion is you come back and take your medicine.

You talked a big game, and now it appears you're meek as a mouse.

I thought you were brilliant, Jade on how you copped previous posts on the chin too btw.

Good on you, not many are big enough to have a laugh about it later on.

The.....guy....I....quoted?

If you are concerned, I did not quote you.

I thought you were brilliant, Jade on how you copped previous posts on the chin too btw.

Good on you, not many are big enough to have a laugh about it later on.

No idea what you're talking about.

I'm never wrong.

:D

Please come back and admit your error.

Malready been back on this thread and admitted I was wrong

Must complete your day to get someone you don’t know and never will admit they made a bad call?

Lol months later clearly nothing better to do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malready been back on this thread and admitted I was wrong

Must complete your day to get someone you don’t know and never will admit they made a bad call?

Lol months later clearly nothing better to do

Calling out people that have been potting our club for years after winning a premiership is actually quite fun. I love these threads.

I’m sure the Richmond supporter that tagged your old uneducated post gets enjoyment out of seeing you squirm, as do I. It’s all part of the premiership winning fun.

Calling out people that have been potting our club for years after winning a premiership is actually quite fun. I love these threads.

I’m sure the Richmond supporter that tagged your old uneducated post gets enjoyment out of seeing you squirm, as do I. It’s all part of the premiership winning fun.

lol squirm coz I was wrong to people that don’t know me?

Yeah I’m devastated don’t know how I will go on.

So like the thread asking ‘Has Melbourne gone past Richmond?’, the OP has simply asked a pretty straight forward question based on the fact that at that point the Tigers would have been under some pressure to perform. Not out of line.

Thread bumped by a Richmond fan. Is this just another example of ‘We will dig up every thread bump it to prove you were wrong?’ Even though the premise of BF is really about making assumptions, predictions and generating discussion?

Is this just another way for Richmond fans to gloat and get on their high horse?

Would you like everyone to be quiet and zip their mouths until the 2018 premiership season begins?
The thread WAS bumped by a Richmond fan, this IS just another way for Richmond fans to gloat and yes we ARE getting on our premiership winning high horse.

If you want us to cop all the s**t that we have from opposition supporters over the last 20 years, then you have to be able to deal with those same Richmond supporters giving everyone else a taste of their own medicine.

It’s a bit of fun. Don’t like it, don’t open the thread.

H'es a a premiership coach? So I suppose five years?

What's the lag time for a flag?

Confusing OP- Hardwickke's clearly 'safe.'

Yeah anyone peddling that nonsense is talking crap.

Richmond do not have the best list going around. They were well trained, well motivated, and had a gameplan that suited the cattle at their disposal.

Or put simply, that was a bloody well coached side.

The obvious buy in, commitment and self belief in that side in the second half of the season, suggests tremendous support of the coach and the direction of the club. And it delivered the ultimate success to all involved. Deserved Premiers were the Tigers....

Because your utter arrogance wouldn’t mean you would bump a thread for years if the demons ever win a flag??

Nooooo you would never do that

s**t I'm still bumping threads from 2000 - be hypocritical of me to blame others for the same, eh? :D

People should be accountable for what they post. Those who scoffed at Carey need to own it.
If Hardwick can win the flag, perhaps we can revisit this topic.
And so it came to pass.

Last edited:
We won the flag.

All part of the celebration and simply returning serve.

God forbid opp supporters cant handle that!
Interesting way to celebrate, bumping threads to bag people out. What about the content you’ve posted? Or other Tigers fans have posted? Ever done something or said something that wasn’t right? Feel like getting ripped apart for that?

Interesting way to celebrate, bumping threads to bag people out. What about the content you’ve posted? Or other Tigers fans have posted? Ever done something or said something that wasn’t right? Feel like getting ripped apart for that?

Nah just returning serve. Its a small part of premiership bragging rights. No need for others to be so precious and sensitive.

Im happy to be accountable for what i post if it makes you feel better.

GO TIGES REIGNING PREMIERS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back