Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bennell listed as 7 weeks with a calf. Numerous off field issues.

Nek minut he's back in a month.

I feel Ross is trolling the media

Well the last "off field" issue he had was the flight he was asked to go on a later one cause he'd been drinking. The "new" thing was him giving advice to his cousin on the football field. Nothing to see.

The listed as 7 weeks is always general and never 100% accurate and he may be 7 weeks away from AFL football but not from playing football or even training.

[

F#zk yeah I am confused also , every time when he is near to 4- 6 weeks some negative story came out.

He looked a little cooked, but I reckon he actually had the right intentions to help his cousin.

Media love to jump on a struggling footballer. Hope he gets back to us in the 2nd half and finds his passion again and shuts the media up about his personal life

Karl Langdon went all crumpet face like tonight. Said he heard from sources at the game that Bennell had to helped up and needed help putting a jacket on. This goes against the observations of some on here who were at the game. Sounds like perhaps he might of had a few before heading to the ground.

Haselby was at the game and didn't go as hard as Langdon. Making the comment that Bennell was acting a bit weird. Bennell is a bit of a weird cat and made a few errors of judgement. I think he had best intentions in his discussions with Traye Bennell and Sheridan.

As Ross has indicated Bennell needs to get to work again. Rather than dicking around at airports and at Mandurah I'd rather see him on the training track and then running around in the Dockers Forward 50.

I reckon Ross is keen to get Bennell, even if it's very time managed, out on a park and in a game as soon as possible for Bennell's mental state as much as anything. Not that you can rush this issue, but given the circumstances, wouldn't surprise me if he replaces a bit of off field loading with some WAFL game time.

Karl Langdon went all crumpet face like tonight. Said he heard from sources at the game that Bennell had to helped up and needed help putting a jacket on. This goes against the observations of some on here who were at the game. Sounds like perhaps he might of had a few before heading to the ground.

Haselby was at the game and didn't go as hard as Langdon. Making the comment that Bennell was acting a bit weird. Bennell is a bit of a weird cat and made a few errors of judgement. I think he had best intentions in his discussions with Traye Bennell and Sheridan.

As Ross has indicated Bennell needs to get to work again. Rather than dicking around at airports and at Mandurah I'd rather see him on the training track and then running around in the Dockers Forward 50.
Interesting that while Cousins, Kerr, Hunter, Fletcher and others were known to have drug issues and connections with organised crime nothing was said.

Fair dinkum you lot... For all of you arm chair critics who are 100% certain he was "out of it" let me give you some perspective.

I have dreadlocks. Constantly, whether it be at uni, airports, shopping centres, parks etc, I have people assume that I'm stoned based on nothing more than appearance. I've even had friends at uni tell me "man you were off your head the other day". Nah man, I was just tired and hadn't had a coffee... I've been kicked out of pubs stone cold sober with bouncers saying I'm tanked. Dreadlocks have that affect on people. Harley unfortunately has that aura about him now in the public eye too because of past events. Google what confirmation bias means, a lot of people (me included) use it to feel vindicated. Sports Journalists, especially hack ones such as crumpet face and sheehan use it all the time.

Unless you were there and witnessed the whole day of Harley you don't know. One poster mentioned they sat behind him and he was fine, that report seems to be glossed over in the media and even this thread. Everything "seems like" and "appears like" etc. This is targeted journalism at it's finest.

Harley Bennel is a young, indigenous bloke who has had injury and personal setbacks with the footy journalists all wanting him to fail so they can smugly say "I told you so". The only way he will ever break that is playing good footy which we all know he can. We need to get behind him, trust in Ross and the club and get ready to cheer what he's overcome. Even if the media won't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair dinkum you lot... For all of you arm chair critics who are 100% certain he was "out of it" let me give you some perspective.

I have dreadlocks. Constantly, whether it be at uni, airports, shopping centres, parks etc, I have people assume that I'm stoned based on nothing more than appearance. I've even had friends at uni tell me "man you were off your head the other day". Nah man, I was just tired and hadn't had a coffee... I've been kicked out of pubs stone cold sober with bouncers saying I'm tanked. Dreadlocks have that affect on people. Harley unfortunately has that aura about him now in the public eye too because of past events. Google what confirmation bias means, a lot of people (me included) use it to feel vindicated. Sports Journalists, especially hack ones such as crumpet face and sheehan use it all the time.

Unless you were there and witnessed the whole day of Harley you don't know. One poster mentioned they sat behind him and he was fine, that report seems to be glossed over in the media and even this thread. Everything "seems like" and "appears like" etc. This is targeted journalism at it's finest.

Harley Bennel is a young, indigenous bloke who has had injury and personal setbacks with the footy journalists all wanting him to fail so they can smugly say "I told you so". The only way he will ever break that is playing good footy which we all know he can. We need to get behind him, trust in Ross and the club and get ready to cheer what he's overcome. Even if the media won't.
Okay, I was at the game, and me being me I was watching harley and his behaviours because he is a player I'm itching to see out there. I can tell you 100% he was ****ed! Whether it be drunk, or high, I'm not too sure, but either way he wasn't sober and it was very obvious. He couldn't even walk in a straight line, and had to be helped to sit down. Even ate a few of his misses hot chips. That's not good, and remember I was the one a couple of weeks ago who saw him reject hot chips and alcohol from his mate a couple weeks back when he was at the 'exciting' stage as said by Ross Lyon. Lifted his top, showed his abs and everything, and said "I don't eat that s**t".

Do I understand?
Yes I do, I mean the guy is a really hard trainer and equally as talented, and a young man who's had the game he loves taken away from him temporarily. That must be hard!

Can he get back?
Of course he can, and I may be one of the few who recon he will. This could be the best thing for him!

What I would like to see is him think, "you know what? I haven't prepared so far as best as I could of, but does that mean I can't learn and move forward?"
I'd love him to challenge himself and think "everyone's writing me off, they say I don't do the work, say I'm letting the team down". Challenge himself to be phenomenal, to do everything he can possibly do to prepare himself the right way, and work as if he's suffocating and can't breathe until he gets back. Work like its life or death!

I believe in those fairytale endings, and it's not too late. It's up to him too start today and get back, and I recon he will do it.

Okay, I was at the game, and me being me I was watching harley and his behaviours because he is a player I'm itching to see out there. I can tell you 100% he was ******! Whether it be drunk, or high, I'm not too sure, but either way he wasn't sober and it was very obvious. He couldn't even walk in a straight line, and had to be helped to sit down. Even ate a few of his misses hot chips. That's not good, and remember I was the one a couple of weeks ago who saw him reject hot chips and alcohol from his mate a couple weeks back when he was at the 'exciting' stage as said by Ross Lyon. Lifted his top, showed his abs and everything, and said "I don't eat that s**t".

Do I understand?
Yes I do, I mean the guy is a really hard trainer and equally as talented, and a young man who's had the game he loves taken away from him temporarily. That must be hard!

Can he get back?
Of course he can, and I may be one of the few who recon he will. This could be the best thing for him!

What I would like to see is him think, "you know what? I haven't prepared so far as best as I could of, but does that mean I can't learn and move forward?"
I'd love him to challenge himself and think "everyone's writing me off, they say I don't do the work, say I'm letting the team down". Challenge himself to be phenomenal, to do everything he can possibly do to prepare himself the right way, and work as if he's suffocating and can't breathe until he gets back. Work like its life or death!

I believe in those fairytale endings, and it's not too late. It's up to him too start today and get back, and I recon he will do it.
Your first paragraph indicated he had gave up.

Maybe. Maybe a little bit of him did/has given up. But does that me he can't change that?
Of course not! It's a mindset!
Maybe you are not there after all. Mindset can change pretty fast . My point is if you can't help that person ,better don't said any negative thing about them in the first place.

Last edited:
This is starting to look like that sequence in The Life of Brian where the crowd has decided he is the messiah and they follow him around trying to spin and interpret everything he does.

Just out of interest, did one of Harley's sandals fall off at the ground? Do you think that might be a message for us? Should I be wearing one sandal right now?

Nah mate that wasn't me lol. I'm the fella who was saying how good Harley Balic was at wafl in the scratch matches
:$ I am confused ? You couple of week if I not mistaken is wafl Rd 1 vs East Perth where you mention you sit behind Ross and bennell listen to their conversation.[/QUOTE

Nah mate that wasn't me lol. I'm the fella who was saying how good Harley Balic was at wafl in the scratch matches
Sorry mistaken you with another person, please accept my apologies. Sometime is hard to accept negative opinion especially if that player got exceptional talent.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back