Recommitted Harry McKay [re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

North would be a strange move for them even with their abundance of cash, threw Brown out the door for a packet of chips only to bring in Mckay at the expense of a couple of 1st round picks/quality young player.

I'd be heading to the draft if I was north and just focusing on fringe types they can pick up for 2nd/3rd round picks, they should have kept ben brown as a salary sponge to keep payments lower for other players and allow room for growth.
Wouldn’t be strange
We’d be getting a KPF around Larkeys age to partner him for the next 8 plus years

and we would be angling to get him at PSD like you boys did with Jack Martin front ending a big contract

Wouldn’t be strange
We’d be getting a KPF around Larkeys age to partner him for the next 8 plus years

and we would be angling to get him at PSD like you boys did with Jack Martin front ending a big contract
The difference being we actually offered them a reasonable trade and intended to get him that way (Would have as well if not for the AFL handout), Martin hasn't done anything to warrant a 1st round selection even since joining us. Mckay if he has a break out season and goes on to kick 50+ goals will be a premier key forward for that next 8-10 year period, Pick 1 would have to be on the table which is why you should forget Mckay and go to the draft.

I'd expect him to be given a large chunk of the cap space Charlie Curnow would have been expected to take up given he has missed a couple of years now.

The difference being we actually offered them a reasonable trade and intended to get him that way (Would have as well if not for the AFL handout), Martin hasn't done anything to warrant a 1st round selection even since joining us. Mckay if he has a break out season and goes on to kick 50+ goals will be a premier key forward for that next 8-10 year period, Pick 1 would have to be on the table which is why you should forget Mckay and go to the draft.

I'd expect him to be given a large chunk of the cap space Charlie Curnow would have been expected to take up given he has missed a couple of years now.
I think that’s the point of uncontracted players if they want to go to you for a certain price you don’t have to offer a fair trade especially when you have pick 1 in the PSD

Except this doesn't happen and the ramifications for doing so would negatively impact you for a long time afterwards
Like the acquisition of Jack Martin affected your ability to trade for Saad and Williams. Please mate. You are talking out of your anus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What delusional world do you live in?
Why would Harry screw Carlton, the club that drafted him & supported him, to go to North Melbourne in the PSD..

If he wanted to go and go to North, Pick 1 would be on the table as a start..

PSD threats are just a crock of sh*t, it should be abolished and have another mid season draft..
All it's good for is allowing desperate supports to dream..
It's important to remember that if a club has pick number one anything they give you along with it is like kicking your opponent after they lost Russian roulette. Pointless.

They have no material loss just taking the player with pick #1 in either draft.

You don't get anything with pick #1 and PSD threats used to be non existent, but that door got swung open again.

The PSD is for players who have a contract value disagreement and their club won't delist them, so they delist themselves.

Currently in the most valuable 3 players at Carlton
No chance he leaves and will get a very very good salary.

He will be getting massive offers and i doubt he signs for less than $900k

Currently in the most valuable 3 players at Carlton
No chance he leaves and will get a very very good salary.

He will be getting massive offers and i doubt he signs for less than $900k
can carlton afford him? Over paying some average players atm (not at St Kilda levels however)

100% they can

Even if they need to get rid of players like Murphy , E.Curnow , Casboult
they can open up plenty of cap space with their list demographic
Question is will they? I doubt they don't have the cap space anyways should be able to offer 900k+ if not then the club is being mismanaged as he is their most important player right now

Question is will they? I doubt they don't have the cap space anyways should be able to offer 900k+ if not then the club is being mismanaged as he is their most important player right now

Why wouldn't they ?
They knew Cripps and Harry would be out of contract and would need around $1.6-$2.0 mil to cover them and still signed Saad / Williams

No chance they would made a mistake like that

Why wouldn't they ?
They knew Cripps and Harry would be out of contract and would need around $1.6-$2.0 mil to cover them and still signed Saad / Williams

No chance they would made a mistake like that
Exactly, we ain't Collingwood.

Betts, Murphy, Casboult and a bit of movement elsewhere will cover both Cripps and McKay.

we would be angling to get him at PSD like you boys did with Jack Martin front ending a big contract

That was only after they knocked this back:

Carlton offered Gold Coast two future picks — one second-rounder and one third-rounder — for Martin, but the Suns turned that down.

AFL trade news 2019: Jack Martin Carlton trade, how Gold Coast Suns and Blues strike deal before AFL pre season draft (foxsports.com.au)

Clubs dont just walk players to the PSD. If you really want him (and he really wants to go) it'll cost a 1st rounder, ether this year or next (and that's with the discount for being uncontracted).

That was only after they knocked this back:

AFL trade news 2019: Jack Martin Carlton trade, how Gold Coast Suns and Blues strike deal before AFL pre season draft (foxsports.com.au)

Clubs dont just walk players to the PSD. If you really want him (and he really wants to go) it'll cost a 1st rounder, ether this year or next (and that's with the discount for being uncontracted).
you must have missed last year with hately
when adelaide didnt bother coming to the party with a fair deal as hately wanted to go to them and they had psd pick 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back