Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll add Amon, Pick 4-5 and have some organic growth from Newk, Ward, Butler and MacDonald.

That may yet prove to be a more than capable group in another 25+ games.
We need a couple of these guys to make the step up to top 10-15 mids in the comp.

I think Newcombe and Cmac are the most likely and I think they can both get there.

Ward has a high ceiling too but im not sure I see him winning too many games of his own boot.

Nail the pick this year and we've built a strong midfield that will enjoy years creating of big Reeves, buys its still a year or two off so I hope we keep our early picks next year.

Back line is pretty set.

If Cadman is indeed as good as some are saying (I haven't seen it in the highlights) I think he would also be a good get at 6.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Just what we need, another Jon Hassall.

What the hell's happened to this forum? Do posters not watch footy before hitting the keys with their thickened digits?
Steve Brule What GIF

We need a couple of these guys to make the step up to top 10-15 mids in the comp.

I think Newcombe and Cmac are the most likely and I think they can both get there.

Ward has a high ceiling too but im not sure I see him winning too many games of his own boot.

Nail the pick this year and we've built a strong midfield that will enjoy years creating of big Reeves, buys its still a year or two off so I hope we keep our early picks next year.

Back line is pretty set.

If Cadman is indeed as good as some are saying (I haven't seen it in the highlights) I think he would also be a good get at 6.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
I’ve been watching MacDonald and Ward at training. I think both are going to be something special.
They have been doing some drills just the two of them. Both have fantastic work ethics.

I think you’ll find our midfield performing a lot better the more games Reeves plays
McEvoy looks old out there. And then throw in Kosi as the 2nd ruck. It's been a debacle our ruck situation this season. Reeves looks super just needs to be battle hardened. Agree we look so much better when he is fit.

Pure assumption but does fast tracking serong and playing with Gunston mean Gunston off to somewhere else is pretty strong?

Impey - trade
Mitchell - abandon

3 senior players leaving, would like to see if we can bring in any senior players also. Might make picking up greene in the vfl worthwhile?

Pure assumption but does fast tracking serong and playing with Gunston mean Gunston off to somewhere else is pretty strong?

Impey - trade
Mitchell - abandon

3 senior players leaving, would like to see if we can bring in any senior players also. Might make picking up greene in the vfl worthwhile?
Why would it? Theyre playing in the same side now and he can learn off him.

Impey - trade
Mitchell - abandon

We'd get nothing for Impey. No point.

Love if we could land Brayden Fiorini pay his full contract and moved our pick 49 up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love if we could land Brayden Fiorini pay his full contract and moved our pick 49 up.

Is he the one a few posters here have compared to Tom Mitchell with none of the positives of Mitchell’s game? Pretty sure even a couple of Suns supporters posted similar takes.

Is he the one a few posters here have compared to Tom Mitchell with none of the positives of Mitchell’s game? Pretty sure even a couple of Suns supporters posted similar takes.
The whole point is gaining a better pick by picking up their salary cap dump, doesn't matter what role he would play at the club.

Last edited:
Liam Stocker is out of contract and would not cost much, thought he looked okay the other night. Right age bracket too

Liam Stocker is out of contract and would not cost much, thought he looked okay the other night. Right age bracket too
He’s settled down in defence at Carlton. Hasn’t really gotten himself fit enough to play up the field. Not sure we need another defender

He’s settled down in defence at Carlton. Hasn’t really gotten himself fit enough to play up the field. Not sure we need another defender

That could be our sell to him though that we see him as a midfielder. They're stocked with inside mids similar to him, when they're all fit I can't see him ever getting an extended run in there

Big NO to Stocker. We need quality midfielders and he ain't it - his poor endurance is well documented and there are some other issues which I won't go into. Would rather kick the tyres on Dow or Kemp if I was looking at Carlton

Big NO to Stocker. We need quality midfielders and he ain't it - his poor endurance is well documented and there are some other issues which I won't go into. Would rather kick the tyres on Dow or Kemp if I was looking at Carlton
If you think Mitchell is a poor kick he's effectively Darren Jarman in comparison to Dow. Probably the poorest skills I've seen from a mid at afl level

Would you give up pick 6/7 for Elijah Hollands and draft his brother with our second round pick?
Absolutely you would, but no way that the Suns would trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back